Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 17, 2007, 8:18 pm CDT

Ok I have a question

Basically I want other people that do not know me opinion on being a single parent from the start.  Chosing to be a single parent.  I will give you some background.  I am 29, work as a LPN and am going to college to complete my bachelors in Nursing and get my RN, in the process of trying to find a house back home (currently in the military), and have posed this this very same scenerio to several people who have known me since I was 4 or my whole life.  Basically what I want to do is go to a doctor and by way of sperm donation have two children if I am not in a serious relationship or do not have a child at that time.  No it was not a typo I want to have twins and then possibly have sterilization surgery.  Being a mother is a very important thing to me and I realize that I could adopt children and give them a better home but there is something about going through the whole process of carrying the child and delivering and just everything that I want to experience.  I have this feeling that if I do not do this I will be missing something in life.  If I cannot get pregnant by the time that I am 36 then I will try to adopt a child.  I want more than one child because I want them to have someone that is there when I am gone, I want them to have each other from the beginning.  All the people so far who I have asked what they thought about this have basically agreed with me that I would be able to do it and the only concern is that there will be no father in the picture which is my other dilema because I'm not very happy about knowing nothing about the person who shares genetics with my children and when they ask me who their father is I will not know what to say.  Other than I wanted them so bad that I paid for the artificial insemination.  If you have any thoughts please send them my way.

Thank You

March 23, 2007, 1:22 pm CDT

It's What You Need

Quote From: arghile269

Basically I want other people that do not know me opinion on being a single parent from the start.  Chosing to be a single parent.  I will give you some background.  I am 29, work as a LPN and am going to college to complete my bachelors in Nursing and get my RN, in the process of trying to find a house back home (currently in the military), and have posed this this very same scenerio to several people who have known me since I was 4 or my whole life.  Basically what I want to do is go to a doctor and by way of sperm donation have two children if I am not in a serious relationship or do not have a child at that time.  No it was not a typo I want to have twins and then possibly have sterilization surgery.  Being a mother is a very important thing to me and I realize that I could adopt children and give them a better home but there is something about going through the whole process of carrying the child and delivering and just everything that I want to experience.  I have this feeling that if I do not do this I will be missing something in life.  If I cannot get pregnant by the time that I am 36 then I will try to adopt a child.  I want more than one child because I want them to have someone that is there when I am gone, I want them to have each other from the beginning.  All the people so far who I have asked what they thought about this have basically agreed with me that I would be able to do it and the only concern is that there will be no father in the picture which is my other dilema because I'm not very happy about knowing nothing about the person who shares genetics with my children and when they ask me who their father is I will not know what to say.  Other than I wanted them so bad that I paid for the artificial insemination.  If you have any thoughts please send them my way.

Thank You

I think basically it's what you need in life. I don't think there are to many people out there who think it's normal for a young woman to get that type of thing done, you know what I mean?? But I think if you really want something you should go for it. My story is long and sorted, but I have 4 kids, and one on the way, my husband has 2 from previous relationships, I have 2 from previous relationships and we have one together. In a way I feel lucky the fathers of my kids just disappeared, of course most young men do heck even older men do. My husband battles everyday with his ex's and I thank god that I don't have that worry at anytime. My little boy has taken to him as dad we met when he was 2yrs old and he has always been daddy, my 10yr old doesn't seem as interested yet, but I know she loves him, she just has a hard time getting close to men. As far as knowing what to say to your kids through this, I wouldn't worry about it to much right now, plus from experience I have 2 kids of my own, and through the time I have raised them they have not asked once before I met my husband ask who their dad was. I think if it's not there then they don't ask. The challenge will be holding a job and having 2 kids, but I know it can be done, just be careful who you trust, and if you have family that will help it's even better. If this is something you truly believe in and want to do then I think you should, there are more people than you think who do this everyday. Either way I wish you luck and keep us all posted.

March 23, 2007, 1:30 pm CDT

Relax

Quote From: crnjrstracy04

Hello Everyone! I have been married for two years now, but I have been with my husband for about 4 years all together. Ar first we got pregnant with in three months that we were together, my daughter is now 4 years old and she has started asking for a sister. We have been trying for almost a year and still nothing happens, I quite taking the birth control pills more than over two years ago' so I'm beginning to wonder if having a c-section hurt our chances......... Someone please help us with some tips. Thanks

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had a c-section with my second child. Me and my husband have been together for about 2 yrs and we decided that we were going to have a baby. I got off birth control and within 2 months I was pregnant, Konnor is due May 14th 2007. From experience I believe you have to stop thinking about it, stop wanting it and relax, and hopefully it will come when you least expect it. I planned out my ovulation to the T and it was depressing the first time, and then I just had hope, don't give up and it will happen in time, if not then it wasn't meant to be. There are a lot of websites that are designed to help with knowledge of ovulation, testing, everything, and maybe even your OB can provide some information for you. I wish there was something more I can do to help, but sometimes it just takes time.

March 28, 2007, 12:10 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: bb511679

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had a c-section with my second child. Me and my husband have been together for about 2 yrs and we decided that we were going to have a baby. I got off birth control and within 2 months I was pregnant, Konnor is due May 14th 2007. From experience I believe you have to stop thinking about it, stop wanting it and relax, and hopefully it will come when you least expect it. I planned out my ovulation to the T and it was depressing the first time, and then I just had hope, don't give up and it will happen in time, if not then it wasn't meant to be. There are a lot of websites that are designed to help with knowledge of ovulation, testing, everything, and maybe even your OB can provide some information for you. I wish there was something more I can do to help, but sometimes it just takes time.
That is my problem I haven't been to a OB over a year or more because I don;t have any health insurance and the local Health Department want see me.........  What else should I do!

March 28, 2007, 2:54 pm CDT

Okay

Quote From: crnjrstracy04

That is my problem I haven't been to a OB over a year or more because I don;t have any health insurance and the local Health Department want see me.........  What else should I do!
Okay a lot of people don't want to do this, but I am sure there are services in your area where they will help you on a sliding scale. If you and your husband struggle, then try getting on Medicaid through your Family Service program. We have here clinics although I don't reccomend them all some are a little rough on the exterior. You just have to become resourceful in the things you do. Can you get medical through your husbands work or your work. Maybe call some places and see if there are cheap medical coverages, Blue Cross Clue Shield I have heard is fairly cheap. It's going to be hard sometimes, but I hope you find something that will help.

March 29, 2007, 6:35 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: bb511679

Okay a lot of people don't want to do this, but I am sure there are services in your area where they will help you on a sliding scale. If you and your husband struggle, then try getting on Medicaid through your Family Service program. We have here clinics although I don't reccomend them all some are a little rough on the exterior. You just have to become resourceful in the things you do. Can you get medical through your husbands work or your work. Maybe call some places and see if there are cheap medical coverages, Blue Cross Clue Shield I have heard is fairly cheap. It's going to be hard sometimes, but I hope you find something that will help.
We use to be on Medicaid but when I started working they took us off of it saying we made too much money to have Medicaid.  I tried applying for the sliding scale and the doctors office always says,"you make too much money."My husband's job does offer medical insurance but just for them because I have been talking to the company but they just cover workers, Blue Cross Blue Sheild is just too high for me and my little girl, but I have been calling around different companys.  I always looked at the Medicaid Program has they really do want someone to have alot of kids just so they can get on Medicaid. This Sucks.....            I think I should just stop working and let him be the only one working then maybe we can get back on Medicaid............ Thanks for all your HELP! 

April 9, 2007, 4:16 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

Hi well i am 17 years old i am very amture for my age i should really be about 30 that i have been threw so much.  I am in a really good relasonship.  I am healthy and me and my boyfriend are both financily fit.  I want to have a baby and so does he.  But i am just scared to because i am young and i dont know what my parents would say.  Anyone want to give me tips or help me.   Please

April 9, 2007, 4:45 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: pursesmyfav

Hi well i am 17 years old i am very amture for my age i should really be about 30 that i have been threw so much.  I am in a really good relasonship.  I am healthy and me and my boyfriend are both financily fit.  I want to have a baby and so does he.  But i am just scared to because i am young and i dont know what my parents would say.  Anyone want to give me tips or help me.   Please

a friend had a boy at the age of 16. her parents wernt happy but in the end are supportive because they wanted to be apart of their grandchilds life. they are still together to this day. im 21 i fell pregnant 5months after being with my partner and i thought this will make or brake us. it made us and we are so happy. a lot of people out there will tell you you are to younge but i have a lot of friends who are young mothers and are happy with their partners and children. how old is your partner?

its not easy but if you and your partner work hard there id no reason it shoudnt work.

i hope ive helped and keep me up to date good luck

April 10, 2007, 12:41 pm CDT

i want a baby

i have been trying to concieve now since october 2006 it is now april and i stll have not concieved, it would be our first child, could there be something wrong with my boyfriend ot what? i want a child and i can't concieve. PLEASE HEP AND GIVE SOME ADVICE as i wantt o concive a healthy baby and it won't work.

April 15, 2007, 10:23 am CDT

I can't conceive!

I had a crush on my best friends brother for 6 years although he was 5 years older than me. I couldn't believe it when he asked me on a date. We've been together for 7 months now and have been living together for 6 of those months. I've known him my entire life and he has 4 nieces and nefews with one on the way from my now ex best friend. He is so great with kids and I love him dearly. We just have one problem we both really want children and we've been trying for 6 months. No matter what we do I can't conceive. I'll put my butt in the air he'll hold my legs up... we've tried everything that doesn't cost money. Any more ideas? Not being able to do this for us kills me....

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next | Last