Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 18, 2007, 10:09 am CDT

NEED ADVICE

hi there, well i want a  baby,  i am read for one, all though no one thinks i am but i am. i don't have a family as my family is against me and they all hate me and i really want to have a baby. BUT HERE IS THE THING:  i have been trying to concieve a child since like october or november, and i can not seem to concieve on or to get pregnant. and it bugs me as i want a baby and want to get pregnant.

it is weird, now could there be something that is wrong with me or my boyfriend. as we both want a child and can not seem to get pregnant. so is there something wrong with me or my boyfriend, why can't we get pregnant.

PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE, AND NEED HELP.

kim

April 19, 2007, 10:14 am CDT

Don't give up

Quote From: princesskimmy

hi there, well i want a  baby,  i am read for one, all though no one thinks i am but i am. i don't have a family as my family is against me and they all hate me and i really want to have a baby. BUT HERE IS THE THING:  i have been trying to concieve a child since like october or november, and i can not seem to concieve on or to get pregnant. and it bugs me as i want a baby and want to get pregnant.

it is weird, now could there be something that is wrong with me or my boyfriend. as we both want a child and can not seem to get pregnant. so is there something wrong with me or my boyfriend, why can't we get pregnant.

PLEASE HELP I AM DESPERATE, AND NEED HELP.

kim

I know that 80 percent of couples get pregnant within 18 months of trying to conceive (you still have a ways to go!).  On webmd, they have a fertility calendar to let you know whe your most fertile days are and signing up is free.  Know that the calendar is not 100 percent as it goes off of an average and not specifically for you.  You can also buy the fertility predictors (which can get expensive), but they are incredibly accurate at letting you know when you ovulate.  Pregnancy.org also has a lot of good information for you if you're trying to conceive.  Fertility doctors should be visited after about a year or so (that's a general rule) and they can tell you if there is something wrong with you or not - hopefully.  There's a percentage of couples that have trouble conceiving for no apparent medical reason.  Don't give up!  You haven't been trying that long and it's important not to get too stressed about it since that can affect your ovulation and periods.  I know it's a hard thing to do - my husband and I have been trying to have a baby since August of last year, so I know  your pain.

Also, make sure your boyfriend is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, since you will have to deal with him wether you like it or not if you have a child together.  I'm also a stepmother and dealing with an ex is not fun and it's the hardest thing I've ever done.

April 23, 2007, 2:48 am CDT

Trying to get pregnant

My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 3 months now. We have not tried any fertility drugs or been on any certain diets but I have heard that there are some out there. We have even tried the "strange" positions that are supposed to make getting pregnant eaiser but still no luck. Does anyone have any advice for me?

April 24, 2007, 2:43 pm CDT

pregnancy

Quote From: theroads

I know that 80 percent of couples get pregnant within 18 months of trying to conceive (you still have a ways to go!).  On webmd, they have a fertility calendar to let you know whe your most fertile days are and signing up is free.  Know that the calendar is not 100 percent as it goes off of an average and not specifically for you.  You can also buy the fertility predictors (which can get expensive), but they are incredibly accurate at letting you know when you ovulate.  Pregnancy.org also has a lot of good information for you if you're trying to conceive.  Fertility doctors should be visited after about a year or so (that's a general rule) and they can tell you if there is something wrong with you or not - hopefully.  There's a percentage of couples that have trouble conceiving for no apparent medical reason.  Don't give up!  You haven't been trying that long and it's important not to get too stressed about it since that can affect your ovulation and periods.  I know it's a hard thing to do - my husband and I have been trying to have a baby since August of last year, so I know  your pain.

Also, make sure your boyfriend is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, since you will have to deal with him wether you like it or not if you have a child together.  I'm also a stepmother and dealing with an ex is not fun and it's the hardest thing I've ever done.

how do you sign up for a fertility calendar? what is a fertility predictor? yea i wont give up. do you think i am stupid for wanting a child?

as far as i know i want to be with my boyfriend for the rest of our lives as he means everything to me, im sure you know what i am talknig about if you are married??????

but yea we get along together and enjoy each other company and everything liek that so yeah.

but i am not sure, i know i wont give up as i want a baby and eveything so yeah, but do you think i am stupid for wanting a baby?

but ya matt is the one i want to be with for the rest of our lives, i want a family with him and want to get married to him and everything else\

kim

April 25, 2007, 7:32 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: princesskimmy

how do you sign up for a fertility calendar? what is a fertility predictor? yea i wont give up. do you think i am stupid for wanting a child?

as far as i know i want to be with my boyfriend for the rest of our lives as he means everything to me, im sure you know what i am talknig about if you are married??????

but yea we get along together and enjoy each other company and everything liek that so yeah.

but i am not sure, i know i wont give up as i want a baby and eveything so yeah, but do you think i am stupid for wanting a baby?

but ya matt is the one i want to be with for the rest of our lives, i want a family with him and want to get married to him and everything else\

kim

Go to www.pregnancy.org and www.webmd.com and I think you should do a whole lot of research before you try to take on this responsibility.  You sound like you're really young and there really is no need to rush something like this.  It's a huge deal to care for a child.  I don't think you're stupid for wanting a child, but I so think that you should really know what you're getting yourself into and if you need reassurances from a stranger about wether or not you should have a child - you're not ready yet.  There's really no - yes I know when I'm ready, but there is a point when you can calm the self doubt. 

Take your time with your boyfriend because as soon as you have a baby, you will lose all private moments with him and it will become a struggle to find private time.  Enjoy the time you have with him.  If he is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, there's time for children.  A baby changes everything.

May 1, 2007, 5:19 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

Hi all...well here it is, my question.   Should we have a child??

I am 37 recently divorced, with 2 children 10 and 12.  I have met a fantastic man who i 40 and has a 12 year old.  I always wanted more kids but had come to terms with the fact that there would not be more.  He loves kids and has always wanted more, he says nothing would make him happier but that it is up to me....hmmm...so what is the diemma??  Our age....the fact that we have no family in the vacinity....his health....can we still travel and do other things we dream of doing together....

Would we be crazy????  I know what it would mean to him and would love to share that joy with such an amzing man that has given me so much.

Are we too old??   

May 30, 2007, 7:15 pm CDT

I want a baby

I am 27 years old with 2 boys 8 and 12 and i do want to have 1 more child. My husband smokes alot of weed and i think that's why i can't get pregnant. It makes me feel not a whole anymore. I feel below normal for not being able to bear child within my marriage. My boys where concieved not in marriage and now that i call myself doing the right thing and that doesn't help my situation. Should I get divorced and maybe find another man to marry and then try to have a child???????

July 8, 2007, 1:56 pm CDT

help

please help me.

i don't know what to do if  i get pregnant. i have never been pregnant and my bdy is already starting to feel different. i am getting hot  and i am so scared. i don't have a lot of family on my side to help me out. we just did it and my body is already starting to feel different. please help.

so scared.

July 10, 2007, 12:59 pm CDT

hello

Meet mothers from around the world, chat about trying to conceive, pregnancy, motherhood, debate, military famlies, health, entertainment, photography and more at http://lets-yada-yada-yada.com/register.php?r... It's free to join, just sign up, post, and have fun!

August 2, 2007, 10:01 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

Having been on birth control for 10 - 12 years,I've stipped taking it this past month as my husand and I would like to conceive within the next year.  Normally, I would have gotten my period today (still waiting on that one).  My nipples have been tender, my tummy has been crampy, ahd there have been some issues with moodiness (according to husband).  I can't imagine I'd get pregnant in the first month.  Are these normal symptoms of withdrawing from birth control?  Or shold I be high-tailing it to the pharmacy for a pregnancy test?

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next | Last