Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 17, 2007, 5:30 pm CDT

I want to get pregnant

I am 24 years old and im trying to have a baby. I have been trying for almost a year now and im getting frusterated. I dont understand why it is taking so long. Im young and healthy and so is my husband. We have both gotten check and they said that we are both able to have babys, so i dont understand. If anyone can relate or help that would be great.

Thanks

August 22, 2007, 5:27 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

So I need some advice, I was reading some of the posts on here about some women taking a long time to concieve, my fiance and I were talking about having a baby in a year or so after we get married, which is soon. and im on birth control right now and i was wondering when I should stop taking it to get my normal periods back. Ive been reading and looking at different website and whatnot and i cant seem to find anything about it.  so anyone with any advice would be wonderful,  thanks!

September 5, 2007, 10:00 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: nicole_23

please help me.

i don't know what to do if  i get pregnant. i have never been pregnant and my bdy is already starting to feel different. i am getting hot  and i am so scared. i don't have a lot of family on my side to help me out. we just did it and my body is already starting to feel different. please help.

so scared.

Hi!  I don't know if I'll be much help, but I just found out I am pregnant, and I am scared to death!  I'm also looking for some advice on how to deal with all of this.  I already take medication for depression, but since I've found out (which has only been about 4 days), I can't eat or sleep.  If anyone has been in this position, please let me know how you dealt with it!

Jody

September 5, 2007, 10:43 am CDT

Scared to death

I recently found out I'm pregnant after trying for almost 2 years.  My husband and I have talked about this, and we wanted it, but now that it has happened, I'm scared to death.  I already take medicine for depression, but I can't eat or sleep.  Has anyone else gone through this same thing?  I can't imagine what it will be like for the next 9 months.  I wanted this to be the happiest time of my life, but I don't know how to get over this.  Please send me some advice!

Jody

September 5, 2007, 12:37 pm CDT

me

This show is amazing and dr phil is good at this show.Well,im trying to get pregnant.My partner and i have been together for almost  5 yrs and we are ready to get married and he wanted to have kids.We are trying our best and nothing is working.Can any one help me out??

September 10, 2007, 6:03 pm CDT

Just Relax

Quote From: whasjo

We are trying to conceive its been 3 months and last yesterday I bought a pregnancy test and tested myself hoping it would be positive but it was negetive. I'm now frustrated and panicking because we hope to be pregnant by the end of this year. Don't worry I've been to my doctor for family planning and everything seems to in order, but why is it taking so long? please give HELP and ADVICE. 

I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and not try so hard. Me and my husband were married February 14th,1992.  We had our first child July 6th,1993. We knew immediately we wanted another baby. Well we tried and tried and it just wasn't easy for us.

We don't have money for things like infertility treatments and tests so our best bet was to hope and pray. We FIANLLY got pregnant June 2003!!! Talk about taking a long time!

Our families were so happy for us and it was truely a miracle. Our happiness was short-lived though..I miscarried in August only 7 days before my birthday. We were devastated!

Six months later..to my surprise..I was pregnant again. We had our second child on October 4th 2004.

I know this is long and I know how much the "want" and "need" for a child can hurt so much.

God willing, it will happen for you! I am now six months pregnant with our third child due January 3rd 2008.

Be patient. I know how you feel. 

Kristie

Proud mom of Katelyn Joy -age14

Annalise Mackenzie - age 2

Brooke Lynn-Due January 3rd,2008

September 12, 2007, 12:15 am CDT

Wait until you are ready

Quote From: chrissy2187

So I need some advice, I was reading some of the posts on here about some women taking a long time to concieve, my fiance and I were talking about having a baby in a year or so after we get married, which is soon. and im on birth control right now and i was wondering when I should stop taking it to get my normal periods back. Ive been reading and looking at different website and whatnot and i cant seem to find anything about it.  so anyone with any advice would be wonderful,  thanks!
Hi there. It's been a while since you posted, so you probably won't see this, but I'll post anyways. Once you stop your birth control, you are immediately at risk of becoming pregnant. It really just depends on your body. Sometimes, it can take a while to get your periods back to normal, and sometimes it happens right away. Sometimes, you can be fertile before even getting your period. So, unless you are ready to become pregnant, don't stop the birth control. What's the rush anyways? Enjoy some time to yourselves as newlyweds!

September 26, 2007, 6:43 pm CDT

I had trouble conceiving too

My husband and i tried from the moment we got married to get pregnant and it took us over FOUR years to get pregnant. I did my first IUI when i was eighteen and had my seventh IVF by the time i was 23 I am now 6 months pregnant. So keep your head up and your marriage strong, your partner is the most important person in your world right now so keep it strong.

October 3, 2007, 9:28 am CDT

YOU SHOULDN'T

Quote From: mrsdevildog

I recently found out I'm pregnant after trying for almost 2 years.  My husband and I have talked about this, and we wanted it, but now that it has happened, I'm scared to death.  I already take medicine for depression, but I can't eat or sleep.  Has anyone else gone through this same thing?  I can't imagine what it will be like for the next 9 months.  I wanted this to be the happiest time of my life, but I don't know how to get over this.  Please send me some advice!

Jody

HI YOU SHOULDN'T STRESS YOURSELF OVER THIS BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOOD FOR THE BABY I REALLY DO BELIEVE THAT A CHILD IS THE MOST WONDERFUL GIFT ON EARTH NO MATTER WHAT.WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS KEEP YOUR TRUST UP IN THE LORD ABOVE AND HE WILL HELP YOU WITH WHATEVER YOU NEED... I KNOW THE FEELING OF TRYING TO GET PREGNANT I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR SO LONG AND IT AIN'T WORKING BUT I KNOW THAT ONE DAY IT WILL HAPPEN I WILL HAVE MY OWN BUT UNTIL THEN I AM GOING TO TRY TO ENJOY MY LIFE . YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT . YOU SHOULDN'T RUCH THE MONTHS TO GO BY BECAUSE WHEN THE BABY GET HERE YOU ARE GOING TO WISH YOU WOULD HAVE WAITED THEM NINE MONTHS ........

MECHI

October 29, 2007, 11:17 am CDT

I may be pregnant?

Hello everyone! I'm 17 years old and live with my boyfriend. We have been together a year in Feburary '08 and we've lived together since May '07. He works 2 jobs and he's 22. I work fulltime at Walmart as a cashier, I also attend school fulltime to get my grade 12. Anyways what brought me here is that I think I may be pregnant but I'm not sure. I told my boyfriend and he doesn't think I am. I have irregular periods so I can't remember when my last one was but I know for sure I didn't get my period this month (October) I've taken at home pregnancy tests but they read inconclusive or they read negative. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests and nothing yet. I feel really tired and have been missing school and work because I'm so tired. My breasts are sensitive too but I don't know if I am for sure or not. Getting into see my family physican is hard because I live in such a small community there isn't alot of doctors and so every doctor which I think we may have 5 doctors in town for 26,000 isn't cutting it. The next appointment available for seeing my doctor is in Feburary. What should I do? Could I be? I would really appreciate some feedback at this point. Thank you for reading and responding and hope all is well with everyone!

Sincerely,
Alisha

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next | Last