Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 27, 2007, 1:55 pm CST

Take a Break-Set a new goal

Quote From: mom2rachel

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child.  We were blessed with Rachel after making no effort whatsoever to conceive her.  She is now 21 months old.  Since August I have suffered two miscarriages.  We have decided to take a break till June.  I want to lose some weight and give my body a break.  Has anyone gone through anything like this?  I guess I took it for granted how easy it was to have Rachel, I figured this would be the same. 
I can totally relate to what you are going through right now. My husband & I have a three year old-and we really want a second child. I had my first miscarriage last year. I was devastated. We tried again after doctor gave us the "go ahead." Nothing. Then, I said last December, if I'm not pregnant this cycle-I am going to take a break. I joined Weight Watchers & began training for a half marathon. (I was not a runner)

Now, after one year, I have lost 66 lbs!!! I feel amazing! We just recently had another miscarriage-but, I don't feel as hopeless with no direction. I am training for my second half marathon-and we are going to begin trying for a baby again.

It's really fun to be a "fitmommy"-and I hope that I continue to model a healthy lifestyle for my family. I was a size 18/20 last Christmas...now, I am a 8/10!

Getting pregnant is definitely something out of our control-it is difficult when you do everything by the book with no results! It was great to switch gears & make healthy changes of diet and exercise and see
POSITIVE RESULTS!

I hope this is not to long-I just want to motivate every mom I see now....

Take care,
Kelly

December 27, 2007, 2:05 pm CST

WANTING A BABY SO BAD

HELLO MY NAME IS SELENA I'M 25YRS OLD, MY BILOGICAL CLOCK IS TICKING AWAY, I WANT TO BE A MOM SO BAD, WHEN I GO TO TOWN A SEE MOTHERS WITH THEIR NEW BABY OR CHILDREN IT MAKES ME SAD CAUSE ITS NOT ME. I'VE LOST ONE PREGNANCY ALONG TIME AGO I  WAS 21 AND IT WAS TWINS, I HEARD THEIR HEART BEAT A WEEK BEFORE I LOST THEM, IT WAS SO HARD MY FIANCE AT THE TIME HAD TO RUSH ME TO THE HOSPITAL, I STILL LOOK BACK ON THEM DAYS AND CRY. ANY ADVICE ANYONE WANTS TO GIVE FEEL FREE.

December 27, 2007, 5:01 pm CST

ITS HARD

Quote From: jaimie1974

Having children is a big step. You say that you get overwhelming urges to have a child now, but if you cant say with 100% certainty that you and your mate are meant to be together forever, then you have to put that urge aside. Distract yourself with other things, such as a night class or a new  hobby. Or, get a dog/puppy or other pet to care for, practice your maternal skills on the pet.
Dont think of it as fighting the urge to have a baby. You have to think of it as doing what is right. Doing what is reasonable and responsible.  Im sure that one day you will make a wonderful mother; but your child deserves to have a happy, healthy intact family. It is your responsibility to create that before having a child.
Well my mother always say if its the one your suppose to be with you want have doubt or question it, you'll feel that connection and spark when it is the one, she always is right about relationships. so if it doesn't feel right and you just don't connect, then why are you still with him? Let him go so you won't be hurting him firther why stay with someone if your going to question it, better to let him go then hold on and hurt him. go out with friends have fun be young and when the time is right you'll run into you'll find the one thats right for you and everything will fall into place. but spare both of you the hurt now and let go, its not working.

January 15, 2008, 5:21 am CST

I need an opinion

I'm 20 years old, i'm moroccan girl, and I have a boyfriend, he's from afriquia

Here in Morocco, we have some rules to follow, we mustn't burn or break them, we're obliged to respect them and I agree with that. A girl mustn't have a baby until she got married

that's a rule, I've been in relationship with my boyfriend 4 years ago, we had a lot of problems but he's in love with me

He'll stay in Morocco just the next three months and after that, he'll finish his studies, so he'll go back home, and he told me that he want a baby, so I said no, i can't until you marry me, but he said he doesn't want to marry right now, we have to wait, this is the first problem

The second matter, is that i'm musulman, and he's not, but if  I will marry him he has to be musulman too, it's the rule, and if not, our marriage will be not be accepted by God and my parents also won't accept this marriage

So I don't know what to do

January 20, 2008, 8:12 am CST

Look into this..

I am a manager of a vitamin store,(gnc)

I have found that women can take a herb called Vitex  (Chaste tree berry, Vitex angus castus)

it is just an herb, i would ask your doctor if you are taking any medications, but hey its only like 6.99 and i have seen people get pregnant using it in as little as 3 months.....worth checking out :)

January 25, 2008, 12:13 pm CST

My name is Chanda. Im24 and i live with my husband Brandon. We have been trying to have a family. We have been together for around 5 years. When i was 15 i got pregant i. I was 16 when i gave birth to my son which i gave up for adpotion. My mom put me on

January 26, 2008, 12:34 am CST

Want TO Get Pregnant So Bad!!!!

I am 28 years old and I have been married for 4 years and I have a 2 year old daughter and me and my husband both want another child and we have looked into fertility drugs but they are so expensive and so I was wondering does anyone have any advise for me? It's making us crazy and so we are taking any help that we can get :o)

February 9, 2008, 12:27 am CST

Getting Pregnant

I am a 20 yr. student living in chicago. I want so badly to get pregnant, my boyfriend and I are just not sure that it is the right time. Our peers are pushing us to wait and our family thinks that it is time we settled down. Do we know, however what we would we be waiting for ? Is it ever a "perfect time" to have a child.

P.S We have not set a date or bought a ring ( mainly because we would rather save the money for a house than buy a ring that is only worth an eighth of what we bought it for). Nor have we publicly annouced that we are getting married however the family knows that we will . So they just expect us to tell them when we set the date.

February 12, 2008, 2:05 pm CST

cant get pregnant

my sister has been trying to get pregnant for two years now. she and her husband went to the doctor and everything checked out fine. they put her on fertility drugs about 6 months ago and still nothing. they cant afford in vetro so what else can they possibly do?

March 1, 2008, 6:54 am CST

I hope she doesn't get pegnant!

My girlfriend tells me shes on the pill. We have sex everynight and have since the first night we met and we've had 3 scares so far where she thought she was pregnant, had some symptoms, but once she took the test... she wasn't. I just worry about these close calls. Because we both agree that we don't want kids at this point.

First | Prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next | Last