Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 5, 2008, 9:44 am CST

will it ever happen

Will to begin with im 21 yrs old i am preparing for my second marriage and me and my fiance are talking about having kids.  now during my first marriage it took us three years to get pregnant and when i did he didnt want it situations happened and i had a miscarriage now ive heard that once you have a miscarriage the chances of getiing pregnant go down.  me and my fiance are about to start living together and whats the best way to go about this im more of the type if it happens it happens but if it dont ill be heart broken so what is the best way to go about this or when is the best fertile time to be trying for a child any advice would be really appreciated

March 7, 2008, 9:53 am CST

will it happen to me too?

i'm 19 years old and no longer in touch with my mum to ask her about this concern.

my mum had 6 miscarriages before hving me and another 2 before having twins but unfortunately lost one of them during pregnancy. i am worried that if i try for a baby that this may happen to me as well, i tried looking into it but canot find anything similar, can anyone help? 

July 24, 2008, 6:22 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: soldiersheart

Will to begin with im 21 yrs old i am preparing for my second marriage and me and my fiance are talking about having kids.  now during my first marriage it took us three years to get pregnant and when i did he didnt want it situations happened and i had a miscarriage now ive heard that once you have a miscarriage the chances of getiing pregnant go down.  me and my fiance are about to start living together and whats the best way to go about this im more of the type if it happens it happens but if it dont ill be heart broken so what is the best way to go about this or when is the best fertile time to be trying for a child any advice would be really appreciated

First of all, you chances do not go down of having a successful pregnancy after having a miscarriage. The odds are the same as they were as it would be the first time you get pregnant. I had a miscarriage and 5 months later I got pregnant again and my son is very healthy.

To find your most fertile time, I found the best website was fertilityfriend.com. You just enter in your temperature every morning and the days that you have intercourse and it will graph everything for you. I found it very helpful and I learned a lot.

Good luck!

July 26, 2008, 7:00 pm CDT

Been there

Quote From: kristie_34

I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and not try so hard. Me and my husband were married February 14th,1992.  We had our first child July 6th,1993. We knew immediately we wanted another baby. Well we tried and tried and it just wasn't easy for us.

We don't have money for things like infertility treatments and tests so our best bet was to hope and pray. We FIANLLY got pregnant June 2003!!! Talk about taking a long time!

Our families were so happy for us and it was truely a miracle. Our happiness was short-lived though..I miscarried in August only 7 days before my birthday. We were devastated!

Six months later..to my surprise..I was pregnant again. We had our second child on October 4th 2004.

I know this is long and I know how much the "want" and "need" for a child can hurt so much.

God willing, it will happen for you! I am now six months pregnant with our third child due January 3rd 2008.

Be patient. I know how you feel. 

Kristie

Proud mom of Katelyn Joy -age14

Annalise Mackenzie - age 2

Brooke Lynn-Due January 3rd,2008

At first when I read your post, I went, "She's only been ttc for 3 months, what's she so upset about?"

Then, I remembered what I was like after 3 months.  I was a wreck when I got my period that third month.  It's been 18 months now, and I'm here to tell you that, though I don't know that it's gotten much easier, it hasn't gotten any harder, either.  If you can get through the emotional pain of getting one period, you can get through 20 more, as unbelievable as that seems.  I still cry at least weekly about it, but I've learned something about the struggle:  there's a cycle to it.  You get your period, it sucks for a few days, you get excited when you're ovulating, you're hopeful for a week after that, then really tense a few days before your period.  If you get your period again, then the whole thing starts over. 

Try not to slap people who tell you to "relax," that "God's timing is perfect," or "what are you so stressed for?"  They don't mean to be hurtful.  They just don't know.

July 28, 2008, 2:39 pm CDT

why you might not get pregnant

I had thought I was pregnant, my boyfriends mom found out and she was angry but said she didnt worry too much because I was on anti depressant pills. She is a pharmacist and told my boyfriend that Anti Depressants act like a birth control (I honestly do NOT doubt that.) My boyfriend and I had sex at least 500 times without protection and I did not get pregnant. I stopped taking the pills because they were making me feel sick when I didn't take them even for a few days. I thought she was lying about the whole thing and figured I just wasnt able to get pregnant so we continued to have sex unprotected and no lie, 2 weeks later I got pregnant. So to anyone who is taking antidepressant pills or any kind of pills, look it up or talk to a pharmacist about it. Or if you are trying to conceive, ask your doctor about stopping the Anti DP. Its worth a try at least.

July 28, 2008, 2:43 pm CDT

Oh yeah.

And I would suggest having sex more often if you really want a baby. Those fertility things aren't that effective. If your doing it more often then you have more of a chance of doing. And if its just boring, try new things that can also bring you and your other closer. My bf and I got some enlarging pills for him and its really made me want to have sex more. We've also tried doing different things ( we aren't trying to conceive but Im just trying to throw ideas out there.

September 10, 2008, 7:38 am CDT

It will be okay!!1

Quote From: louby_123

i'm 19 years old and no longer in touch with my mum to ask her about this concern.

my mum had 6 miscarriages before hving me and another 2 before having twins but unfortunately lost one of them during pregnancy. i am worried that if i try for a baby that this may happen to me as well, i tried looking into it but canot find anything similar, can anyone help? 

I am 24 years old and had never thought it would happen to me.  My husband and I unexcpectantly became pregnant last January.  We had only known for 2 weeks and we lost the baby.  My mother had not record of this happening to her nor her sisters or her mother.  There are case where we don't inherit everything from our mothers.  My father's mother on the other hand, had a histerectimy(not sure how to spell it).  I also beleive she had other issues but there is now way to kow for sure. 

What I am trying to say is, find out all of your family history, including your father's side.  If you don't have contact with them, try and find someone from each side that will discuss this with you.  Your first appointment with the doctor after you become pregnat is all about your medical history as well as your family's. 

Good luck and God Bless!!!!

Blair

September 10, 2008, 7:48 am CDT

It doesn't always happen like that!!!

Quote From: dark_desires

And I would suggest having sex more often if you really want a baby. Those fertility things aren't that effective. If your doing it more often then you have more of a chance of doing. And if its just boring, try new things that can also bring you and your other closer. My bf and I got some enlarging pills for him and its really made me want to have sex more. We've also tried doing different things ( we aren't trying to conceive but Im just trying to throw ideas out there.
Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen even if you have sex every day.  If you are having trouble getting pegnant the first thing the doctor will tell you is to track your temperature.  When your temperature increases, that is usually when you are most fertile and more likely to get pregnant.  Sex, with your lover shouldn't be boring but joyous and wonderful.  Enjoy every moment you have together as it is important to bring a baby into a warm and nurturing environment. 

January 11, 2009, 6:22 pm CST

Progon B

Quote From: edjackson

Hi,  

I've been on Progon B as well, and now we're trying to get pregnant. I was nervous that it might interfere. How much were you taking when you got pregnant, and at what times during your cycle??

I would really appreciate the information and help.

Thank you.  

I know it's been a few years since someone originaly asked about Progon B, but just in case anyone gets on here and is still curious about it.  I was on Progon B to get pregnant with my first child and took it until I was 10 weeks pregnant with him.  I got pregnant about 6 months after I had him without being on it, but miscarried.  I went back on Progon B after my miscarriage and got pregnant immediately.  I continued to take the Progon B until I was 12 weeks along.  I also had to take with my third child until I was 12 weeks pregnant.  So for me I have to be on it to get pregnant and to keep from miscarring.  My Dr. told me that I may or may not need it each time, but I keep taking it just in case.  I have only had to take one daily with my last two rather the the two daily I took to get pregnant with my first. 

March 31, 2009, 10:49 pm CDT

Desperately wanting a baby

Hi ..

Just some questions. First I want to just say my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 8 months now and still nothing. I'm starting to think we can't have children. Secondly we definately want some tips as to what we can do that has worked for you to get pregnant? and thirdly how much is Progon B and where can you get it? I really hope we get pregnant soon. Best wishes to other couples out there trying as well.

First | Prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next Page | Last Page