Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 9, 2006, 8:00 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

Give it time.
I am 22 years old and have been trying to concieve for a year and a half. It does take time.
Best of luck and try not to worry yourself over it as it also stops conception from taking place so easily.

April 13, 2006, 12:17 pm CDT

trying to get pregnint

I am trying to get pregnint and even though I have not been trying that long I still cant help worrying that I wont beable to.mostly cause someone told me since we used withdraw for 2 1/2 years with no birth control etc and as fare as I know I never got pregnint that I "might not beable to have kids"I thought it was a stuped thing to say to someone,and now I cant stop worrying that what if I cant.I would love to hear from anyone who only used withdraw as a birthcontrol and still had no problem getting pregnint. please.

April 14, 2006, 5:11 am CDT

HI BLINKK...

Quote From: blinkk

I am trying to get pregnint and even though I have not been trying that long I still cant help worrying that I wont beable to.mostly cause someone told me since we used withdraw for 2 1/2 years with no birth control etc and as fare as I know I never got pregnint that I "might not beable to have kids"I thought it was a stuped thing to say to someone,and now I cant stop worrying that what if I cant.I would love to hear from anyone who only used withdraw as a birthcontrol and still had no problem getting pregnint. please.

Just want to say to you, not to go worrying so much about what others say, as stress will not help you to get pregnant. If you are at all concerned that you might have a problem getting pregnant please go and see your Doctor and have a good talk with him/her and see if they can help you at all.

One thing you might want to do is to stop trying and go back to just enjoying yourselves when you make love together.

My hubby and I tried on and off for many years as Hubby did have a problem and we never really thought that we would be able to have any children at all, but one day after many many years we did get pregnant and now have a daughter who will be turning 4 in July.

So, please see your Doctor and take things from there, TAKE CARE, LOVE KELLY.

April 14, 2006, 1:37 pm CDT

thanks!

Quote From: ceders2

Just want to say to you, not to go worrying so much about what others say, as stress will not help you to get pregnant. If you are at all concerned that you might have a problem getting pregnant please go and see your Doctor and have a good talk with him/her and see if they can help you at all.

One thing you might want to do is to stop trying and go back to just enjoying yourselves when you make love together.

My hubby and I tried on and off for many years as Hubby did have a problem and we never really thought that we would be able to have any children at all, but one day after many many years we did get pregnant and now have a daughter who will be turning 4 in July.

So, please see your Doctor and take things from there, TAKE CARE, LOVE KELLY.

want to say thanks for your reply back! its good to here someone who is not negitive! and congrats on your baby! :) love Rachel

April 21, 2006, 2:22 pm CDT

should I test ?

Quote From: blinkk

want to say thanks for your reply back! its good to here someone who is not negitive! and congrats on your baby! :) love Rachel

This is the first time I've used or talked on any message board. So please be patient with me. I would greatly appreciate any and all opinions on this subject.  Both my fiance and I want to have at least one child. However I am unsure if I can father a heathy child or any child for that matter due to my medical history. I have offered to take any tests that will confirm my ability or inability to father a child. But my fiance has told me she doesn't want me to get tested. I am very confused as to why a woman who wants children doesn't want to know the reality of our relationship before we get married. If we cannot have any children due to either one of us, I would still want to continue our relationship. My love for her will not be lessoned. She has also told me that she will not take any tests to see if she can have a child. She automatically assumes that she will be able to have children. But at age 40 for her and 46 for me I am concerned that one of us or even both of us will be unable to have children. Is it wrong to ask that both of us get fully checked to find out before getting married. So that this doesn't become a resentfull point in our marriage.  

April 23, 2006, 8:37 pm CDT

Period's here and I feel like a failure

Hi  

I have never posted here before so hope I am not messing up the rhythm of things here.  I am 34 years old, a physician (oncologist) and recently married (actually it'll be a year next month).  My husband and I both want a family, so have been trying to conceive for the last 6 months (and by the way we are REALLY trying!!!).  

Well, my period is here again.  I feel like I am grieving for the egg that did not result in conception.  I feel like a failure.  My Mother-in-law, just last week, joked that my husband's sister (who is not at all looking to have more children - 16 and 18 year old sons already) will be pregnant before I get pregnant.  Being a doctor, I know all the signs and symptoms of ovulation - and I have them all:  mittelsmritz, spinberkeit, spike in my basal temperature and even breakout in pimples.  But still nothing.  I know that I sound pretty clinical about all this, but when it is the time for fertility - my husband and I have a blast with the sex!  So it doesn't even feel like a chore.  

So here is my question.  How can I stop feeling so absolutely horrible every time my period comes?  In my brain, I know the odds, but in my heart I feel like a failure.  Second question, how do I keep myself from falling apart everytime I get asked if I am pregnant yet? Seriously, I get asked several times a week - even from almost complete strangers.  Last week , the sister of a patient of mine asked me if there was a reason that I was putting on weight ( hinting at my being pregnant) and my response was that I am just getting fat (which by the way I am not - weight has been stable for some time).    

Well, thanks in advance for any advise you may have for me.  

April 28, 2006, 9:56 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: z_girl

Hi  

I have never posted here before so hope I am not messing up the rhythm of things here.  I am 34 years old, a physician (oncologist) and recently married (actually it'll be a year next month).  My husband and I both want a family, so have been trying to conceive for the last 6 months (and by the way we are REALLY trying!!!).  

Well, my period is here again.  I feel like I am grieving for the egg that did not result in conception.  I feel like a failure.  My Mother-in-law, just last week, joked that my husband's sister (who is not at all looking to have more children - 16 and 18 year old sons already) will be pregnant before I get pregnant.  Being a doctor, I know all the signs and symptoms of ovulation - and I have them all:  mittelsmritz, spinberkeit, spike in my basal temperature and even breakout in pimples.  But still nothing.  I know that I sound pretty clinical about all this, but when it is the time for fertility - my husband and I have a blast with the sex!  So it doesn't even feel like a chore.  

So here is my question.  How can I stop feeling so absolutely horrible every time my period comes?  In my brain, I know the odds, but in my heart I feel like a failure.  Second question, how do I keep myself from falling apart everytime I get asked if I am pregnant yet? Seriously, I get asked several times a week - even from almost complete strangers.  Last week , the sister of a patient of mine asked me if there was a reason that I was putting on weight ( hinting at my being pregnant) and my response was that I am just getting fat (which by the way I am not - weight has been stable for some time).    

Well, thanks in advance for any advise you may have for me.  

I know what you mean... I've been remarried for almost a year.. (Sunday being our 1st anniversary).  I'm the same age as you and a professional.  The only difference is that I have three kids from a previous marriage and my husband has no biological children of his own and we both would not mind having more.
It is a huge letdown when you convince yourself that this month it must be the month only to find out that it's not.  I also feel like I've let my husband down because of my body unwilling to cooperate.  I know that's not a rational feeling when he's very supportive and reassuring that he's not disappointed in me.  I don't have an answer for you on how to change this feeling of hope that changes to disappointment and other mixed emotions, especially when trying for so long.
But I also don't talk about trying to get pregnant with anyone but my husband, because I find it depressing when people want to discuss why I'm not pregnant, as if they have the answers.  When friends or family ask, I just throw it back at them and say, "No, are you?"  That has stopped them from asking again.

April 29, 2006, 8:38 am CDT

desperately wanting to have another baby

hi Ive never posted before, but Ive been reading some of the messages trying to find someone who can relate to my situation. Im 33 years old , happily married and I have two teenage boys from my previous marriage. In Sept 04 I had a tubal ligation reversal. Only two short months later my Dr. gave us the wonderful news that  we were gonna be parents. Saddly only two weeks later when I went for my ultrasound he said he didnt see anything in my uterus and sent me to the hospital for further testing.. I was devestated I went and they wouldnt let me leave I had to have an emergency operation it was an ectopic pregnancy.  We continued to try getting pregnant but in the surgery they had to remove one of my tubes and one ovary.  Ten months later we got the good news again we were pregnant we were once again on top of the world.  Once again I went to the doctor regularly and after two weeks or so he told me my hcg levels were dropping and it was gonna end up in a miscarriage.  I was so depressed and I didnt understand why this was happening to us again.... 

its been about six months since the miscarriage and nothing as of yet but Im feeling like maybe I am pregnant just waiting.  It is possible to get pregnant after tubal reversal surgery Im living proof I just cant wait until were finally one of those statistics that on top of being able to get pregnant we we will finally get the baby my husband and I want so badly..( he doesnt have any children ) I want this dream of ours to come true with every thing in my heart and soul.     if any one can relate please email me at dawnsagem526@yahoo.com  thanks for letting me share my story. 

April 29, 2006, 8:48 pm CDT

What should I do ?

Hi, 

Im not sure if anyone else feels like this. I am 25 years old and I have been married for 2 years (my husband is 30).  I have worked in childcare for 9 years and I have wanted a baby of my own since I was about 18. I don't feel  unloved or unfurfilled  and I  am very happy with my marriage except for one thing. I want a baby BAD! My husband says he wants a baby too but wants to have "ducks in a line" , meaning lots of money ,a house, our cars paid off ect. We have a house (we just got it) and he still says "You have lots of childbearing years left" . Am I crazy ? Where can I turn for help and support ? Its getting to the point that I cry  and get in a jealous rage when other people have babies ! Please help  

April 30, 2006, 9:36 am CDT

Babies

Quote From: angelmery

Hi, 

Im not sure if anyone else feels like this. I am 25 years old and I have been married for 2 years (my husband is 30).  I have worked in childcare for 9 years and I have wanted a baby of my own since I was about 18. I don't feel  unloved or unfurfilled  and I  am very happy with my marriage except for one thing. I want a baby BAD! My husband says he wants a baby too but wants to have "ducks in a line" , meaning lots of money ,a house, our cars paid off ect. We have a house (we just got it) and he still says "You have lots of childbearing years left" . Am I crazy ? Where can I turn for help and support ? Its getting to the point that I cry  and get in a jealous rage when other people have babies ! Please help  

Hi, 

I have news for your husband - many people never get to that stage of having all their ducks in a row - and if they did they would be too old to have babies. From experience I would say that your husband is either not ready yet or not being honest (maybe just with you but also maybe with himself too) and really does not want kids. Try to talk to him about it, without causing a fight. Both of you need to be calm. Point out the fact that if you wait to pay off house etc, you will be nearly 45/50 years of age and want kids while you are young enough to enjoy them. Hormones do change you and once the baby is born you will change again then also but if you have a plan set up and discuss all aspects of children, from the birth to care and if and when you are willing to go back to work, whether you have family to help or will be paying for childcare etc. then he will know what you expect and you will know where he stands.  Good luck! 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last