Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2005, 12:58 pm CST

too young

Quote From: angel87

I am 5 months 18 years old and i really am dying to have a baby but how will i know whenn i am really ready for the child and that i will be a good parent because afcourse nothing but the best for you're child..
Please help me..

I had a child when I was 16, and decided to give her up for addoption.  I know I would not have been able to give her all of the things that she deserved (emotionally and financially), even though I loved her with all my heart.  It was by far one of the most difficult decisions I ever had to make or will make in my life.   

Recently, I found her on the internet, but I have not contacted her as I would want her to contact me when SHE is ready.  I know that she has had a good life, and is now attending a private Christian college.  I know I would not have been able to provide that for her, let alone get my own college degree.   

I know how strong the desire to have a child can be.  My husband and I are trying to concieve, and have been unsuccessful so far.  I do feel that I am in a much better position in my life to be a mother though.  Enjoy the freedom of your younger years, as it doesn't last.  Motherhood is a lifelong responsibility. 

December 14, 2005, 5:57 pm CST

Am I too old to get pregnant?

Hi, I'm recently re-married. I have a 9 yr old daughter from my previous marriage. My new hubby has never had any children and tho , loves my daughter as his own, would love to have a child. He is 38 yrs old. I'm 44 yrs old.  I am so worried that I'm to old to concieve. We've been trying since August but nothing so far! Any thoughts?

December 22, 2005, 12:38 pm CST

Depressed!just want a baby!

Hello, im 15 years old and i just am dieing to have a baby. I wanted one since i was 13 years old. I tried and did not work. My boyfriend then broke up with me and i got so depressed and started cutting and trying to comitte suiside. i dont know what to do anymore, im not jsut goping to have a baby with some guy. I really miss my ex boyfriend and i just wish i could have him back. i want this baby so bad, and would buy them everything. i work, and go to school i am ready. my parernt would also help me. but everyone keeps saying im so stupid im too young but i dont understand there not me, how would they know. im sick and tired of it. what do i do

December 23, 2005, 4:58 pm CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: alyssa_

Hello, im 15 years old and i just am dieing to have a baby. I wanted one since i was 13 years old. I tried and did not work. My boyfriend then broke up with me and i got so depressed and started cutting and trying to comitte suiside. i dont know what to do anymore, im not jsut goping to have a baby with some guy. I really miss my ex boyfriend and i just wish i could have him back. i want this baby so bad, and would buy them everything. i work, and go to school i am ready. my parernt would also help me. but everyone keeps saying im so stupid im too young but i dont understand there not me, how would they know. im sick and tired of it. what do i do
  • You are a baby. Having one will not get you back with your boyfriend. He will not be around and you will be left for all the care of the baby. Go to school, get a good job and then meet a nice boy get married and have as many as you like.

December 23, 2005, 6:59 pm CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: alyssa_

Honey, I was exactly the same way when I was your age.  But listen, I am 23 now, have been to college, have a car, and have tons of family support.  I'm a single mom of a 5-month-old boy, and it's not easy NOW!!  I am happy to have him, but I wish with all my heart that I was married, had a house of my own, and had total financial security.  I could have enjoyed my pregnancy so much more with a husband, and every day I'm reminded that I'm a single mom.  Chances are pretty good that if you had a baby now, the father wouldn't stick around.

Think....if it is hard for me, a college graduate, at 23, just imagine how it would be for you, at 15, and not out of high school.  Do your future child a favour and wait.  Remember, this is not a BABY you are talking about, it's a CHILD...a whole other PERSON, who's life will forever be affected by your decisions.  Give him/her the best chance in life...wait a few years...it may seem a long way off now, but trust me, one day you will wonder where all the time has gone!

January 4, 2006, 6:00 pm CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: raphael754

Hi, I'm recently re-married. I have a 9 yr old daughter from my previous marriage. My new hubby has never had any children and tho , loves my daughter as his own, would love to have a child. He is 38 yrs old. I'm 44 yrs old.  I am so worried that I'm to old to concieve. We've been trying since August but nothing so far! Any thoughts?

hey  

you not to old trust me, my uncle and his wife did not start having kids till she was 45 and he was 51 the only down side is u could have more than one baby and also the birthdefects are higher. my uncles kids are fine and healthy. try going to your docter to find out if he could help you with the process you no if you cant have a child,  but i no u can ask him  if he wants to then adopt he new what he was getting him self in to when he married. you already have a child and you are at the age were some women hit the CHANGE in life but i would not sweat it just try this ok, dont try so hard just relax if theres any stress in your life get rid of it go on a vacation start eating better start taking care if your self and god will do the rest. and if it dont work look in to fertility pills you no. 

brittney 

January 4, 2006, 6:15 pm CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: karlbarth

Here it goes. I hope someone can help me. I just found out that my wife is pregnant with our third child, problem is I never wanted another one. Those reasons have nothing to do with this post. My issue is that I am 99.9% sure that I was tricked into this. I am plannng on getting a vasectomy soon and had told my wife that. She always wanted another but I was always against it. Now I find out that she is pregnant and I am very angry with her over this possible deception. My anger is consumimg me. I want to tell her but am worried about the health of her and the child, but I am afraid that this has caused irreperable damage already. Anyone out there in a similiar spot or know of others. Help!!! 

hey 

o my gosh my father is in the same thing hes 48 has had 2 kids i'm 17 my sis is 12 and my dum step mother told my dad "i dont think i can have kids" mean while be for she met my pops she got nocked up and lost it. my  dad i dont no what he was thing but like women can have babie until there 50 if god lets them. he had sex with her bar back (with out condom or birth control) and guess what now shes having his 3 child he was getting ready to retire. this happend may 24 and she told him fathers day he was pissed and wanted some one to talk to so he talk to me and i said to him as i'm saying to you, were not wearing a condom is she not on birthcontrol? if you are on birthcontrol you will not get nocked up i have been on it since i was 13 and trust me if it were not for the pill in would have like 3 kids by now. so really its just nuthing to be upset over i no u dident  want a 3 child but maybe then u should have used a condom. i beleave in you as i do in my dad its hard to swallow i'm going into collage and ma sis is going in to hight school and now he has to do it all over again. i no your up set but deep down in side you love your wife and soon to be all 3 kids if u need some on to talk to talk to a paster or a counseler u no or me lol i'm 17 but i have been through hell and back and you never no i may be able to help. 

brittney 

January 4, 2006, 6:22 pm CST

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: kimkeyes

My husband and I have been trying for 6 years and I've had several miscarriages. Now I'm struggling to conceive again, and I'm wondering what really helps when TTC.  

Is it better for him to be on top? 

Does hip elevation help afterwards? 

Any helpful tips anyone can offer? 

Thank you, 

Kim 

relax, any thing stressfull in your life get rid of it eat healthy and do not let things bother you and also work out go for a run or a walk is your job hard on you try to get a bit of the work load off of you and on to some on else for a bit u no and just stop trying so hard when u get the news your having a baby take it easy and go right to the docter  and get him to look at u every week or take fertility pills they work. good luck 

brittney 

January 5, 2006, 6:24 am CST

are we ready for pregnancy?

my wife and i want to conceive badly.the problem is that my wife lives far from me in an other town.i don't know how serious this problem is.but i have many unanswered questions:should the baby(i want a baby-girl),once she comes,be with me or with my wife?i must precise,that my mother is willing to help in that matter,but if the would-be baby stays with me,that's mean she would mess the breast-feeding by her mother.. notice:im 29,my wife is 25 years old.i and my wife meet once every 15 days.please help me to reach a decision..thank you

January 11, 2006, 9:32 am CST

teen pregnancy

Quote From: caydensmom

Honey, I was exactly the same way when I was your age.  But listen, I am 23 now, have been to college, have a car, and have tons of family support.  I'm a single mom of a 5-month-old boy, and it's not easy NOW!!  I am happy to have him, but I wish with all my heart that I was married, had a house of my own, and had total financial security.  I could have enjoyed my pregnancy so much more with a husband, and every day I'm reminded that I'm a single mom.  Chances are pretty good that if you had a baby now, the father wouldn't stick around.

Think....if it is hard for me, a college graduate, at 23, just imagine how it would be for you, at 15, and not out of high school.  Do your future child a favour and wait.  Remember, this is not a BABY you are talking about, it's a CHILD...a whole other PERSON, who's life will forever be affected by your decisions.  Give him/her the best chance in life...wait a few years...it may seem a long way off now, but trust me, one day you will wonder where all the time has gone!
you should not have sexual intercourse until you are properly married in the eyes of the church and in the eyes of god.having sexual intercourse before marriage is called fornication.if you would of pursued having this baby you would of ended up committing fornication in the 1st place.1 corinthians 6:13 meats for the belly and the belly for meats.god shall destroy both it and them.now the body is not for fornication but for the lord and the lord for the body.i think that 15 yrs.old is way too young to have a baby any way.i would suggest that you abstain from all sexual intercourse until you are properly married.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last