Message Boards

Topic : Getting Pregnant

Number of Replies: 210
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:52:55 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you trying to conceive? Share your trials and successes with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 17, 2005, 12:07 am CDT

trying to conceive

We are trying to conceive its been 3 months and last yesterday I bought a pregnancy test and tested myself hoping it would be positive but it was negetive. I'm now frustrated and panicking because we hope to be pregnant by the end of this year. Don't worry I've been to my doctor for family planning and everything seems to in order, but why is it taking so long? please give HELP and ADVICE. 

August 17, 2005, 6:12 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING TO YOU...

Quote From: whasjo

We are trying to conceive its been 3 months and last yesterday I bought a pregnancy test and tested myself hoping it would be positive but it was negetive. I'm now frustrated and panicking because we hope to be pregnant by the end of this year. Don't worry I've been to my doctor for family planning and everything seems to in order, but why is it taking so long? please give HELP and ADVICE. 

Just wanted to write and give you my thoughts on this, if you don't mind that is!! 

You've only been trying for 3 months to me thats not long at all so don't go worrying yourself too much about this. It will happen when it is suppose to happen, believe me. 

My hubby had a very low sperm count and he had been told many years ago that it would be very unlikely that he would ever be able to father any children. So we just got on with life and we did try on and off for many years to have a baby but nothing happened, but also we were trying too hard at times, so much so that we were not having any fun anymore. 

So, we stopped trying and just got back to enjoying each other and getting on with our lives, thinking that it was just going to be the two of us. And that was never going to be a problem for us, cause we didn't get married all those years ago to just have babies we got married because we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives. 

Anyway, one day out of the blue we did get pregnant and now we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter, Stephanie. To us she is our Beautiful Gift from God. We have been truly blessed. 

So, all I can say to you is to stop trying and go back to enjoying your time with your hubby and just let nature take care of it's self. And if you are healthy then it will happen. And please relax and don't worry. Hope this has helped in some way, please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY. 

October 7, 2005, 6:05 pm CDT

taking a break

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child.  We were blessed with Rachel after making no effort whatsoever to conceive her.  She is now 21 months old.  Since August I have suffered two miscarriages.  We have decided to take a break till June.  I want to lose some weight and give my body a break.  Has anyone gone through anything like this?  I guess I took it for granted how easy it was to have Rachel, I figured this would be the same. 

October 10, 2005, 10:55 pm CDT

Re: getting pregnant

Quote From: mom2rachel

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child.  We were blessed with Rachel after making no effort whatsoever to conceive her.  She is now 21 months old.  Since August I have suffered two miscarriages.  We have decided to take a break till June.  I want to lose some weight and give my body a break.  Has anyone gone through anything like this?  I guess I took it for granted how easy it was to have Rachel, I figured this would be the same. 
I know how you feel.  We've been trying to conceive our 2nd child for more than 18 months! Our 1st child took about 4 months, and I guess I didn't realize how lucky/unusual that probably is.  We haven't  completely given up trying yet, but we're getting closer to that point.  I think that it'll happen if it's supposed to.  I wish you luck!!

October 11, 2005, 9:00 am CDT

Trying to get pregnant after Tubal liagation reversal u

I had a tubal liagation reversal done on Aug30th/05,they found a 10 cm long cyst on my left ovary and falloben tube which they had no choose but to remove my left ovary and tube.They fixed my right side but now i'm wondering will i ever get pregnant with only one side to work with? I have 3 teenage daughter's from a previous relationship and now i would love to have one with my husband who has no children of his own.Being 34 year's old i would like a child now rather then later!! Has anyone had this medical situation and overcome it by getting pregnant? I am very nervous about the possiblity of getting pregnant then having a tubal pregnancy as i only have my right side to work with...help!! 

October 19, 2005, 8:58 pm CDT

Hang in there

Quote From: gonicki34

I had a tubal liagation reversal done on Aug30th/05,they found a 10 cm long cyst on my left ovary and falloben tube which they had no choose but to remove my left ovary and tube.They fixed my right side but now i'm wondering will i ever get pregnant with only one side to work with? I have 3 teenage daughter's from a previous relationship and now i would love to have one with my husband who has no children of his own.Being 34 year's old i would like a child now rather then later!! Has anyone had this medical situation and overcome it by getting pregnant? I am very nervous about the possiblity of getting pregnant then having a tubal pregnancy as i only have my right side to work with...help!! 

I have not had a tubal liagation but I do in some way have the same problem...when I unexpectadly fell pregnant with my daughter who is now 2and a half I had awful pains on my right side at 10weeks and my doctor told me that I would have to have an ultra sound because he suspected that the baby was ectopic (growing in the falopian tubes) ..a few hours later I had the ultra sound and the radiographer told me that the baby was normal but she couldnt find my right ovary so she asked for my concent to do an internal ultra sound and of course I concented because I was worried but it turns out that my right ovary is very small and (probably) doesnt function but as the radiographer said the left ovary obviously works fine.... 

so maybe it might take you longer than average to get pregnant but it can happen.....trust me :) 

hang in there and keep your hopes up!!! 

October 20, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

Getting Pregnant

I am 5 months 18 years old and i really am dying to have a baby but how will i know whenn i am really ready for the child and that i will be a good parent because afcourse nothing but the best for you're child..
Please help me..

October 21, 2005, 5:02 pm CDT

my baby blues...without the baby!!

My husband and I are trying to have a baby, I feel as if this is the best time in my life to bring a baby into this world, We had a miscariage about 6 months ago, I was at 12 weeks, I was upset then but now I am even more upset because we are trying and waiting, I feel like it is my fault, like I ate the worng things or was too active, worked too hard, or maybee I am just not able to hold a baby for 9 months, maybee my body cant do it. When people are trying to support you they alll say..... its very common dont worry about it... but as a women I love being pregnant I felt great, was so happy felt conneced to my baby and knew that I was going to do everything to give this baby the best I could. Everytime I do a pregnancy test and it is not positive I cry, am I over reacting, how can I calm myself? any ideas?

October 21, 2005, 10:01 pm CDT

Getting Pregnant

Quote From: rose85

I have not had a tubal liagation but I do in some way have the same problem...when I unexpectadly fell pregnant with my daughter who is now 2and a half I had awful pains on my right side at 10weeks and my doctor told me that I would have to have an ultra sound because he suspected that the baby was ectopic (growing in the falopian tubes) ..a few hours later I had the ultra sound and the radiographer told me that the baby was normal but she couldnt find my right ovary so she asked for my concent to do an internal ultra sound and of course I concented because I was worried but it turns out that my right ovary is very small and (probably) doesnt function but as the radiographer said the left ovary obviously works fine.... 

so maybe it might take you longer than average to get pregnant but it can happen.....trust me :) 

hang in there and keep your hopes up!!! 

Thank you for the ray of hope, my husband and i will keep our finger's crossed that everything will work out like it did for you.Like you said it ONLY take's one side to work!!! 

October 24, 2005, 7:52 am CDT

Getting pregnant

I am 31 years old and my partner and I have been trying for a baby since Feb 05.  Prior to then I had been on the contraceptive pill.  Since february however I have only had 3 periods.  the time between my last period and next is just getting longer.  It has gone from 46 days, to 53 days to 60 days.  At 53 days I then had a little spotting.   I am getting very frustrated and also concerned that I may not be ovulating.  When I spoke to my doctor about this he said to come back in a year.  Am I worrying about nothing? 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last