Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 30, 2008, 6:47 pm CDT

Hello

Hi ladies! Hope you were a good girl tonight with your snacking at that party, Loosey. Eat raw veggies so you won't feel left out.

I went to the gym today and did the spinning class for 50 minutes. Yesterday I was so tired that I only went for a walk after supper. I'm beat now, so must get ready for bed. This cold drags you out. All the coughing sure does.

May 4, 2008, 9:02 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hello!

Well, not so good last week.  I was up a pound.  No more fondue for us for a while. lol

Hope you're both doing well and feeling well!

The weather is beautiful here this weekend.  We were outside all day yesterday, baseball game, park, walking, hitting baseballs.  I have a 3 mile walk planned for this afternoon.  It feels so good to get outside when it's warm and not windy!

Diane

May 4, 2008, 9:52 am CDT

Hi Diane

I'm still fighting my cold but feel it is improving slowly. You sound like you are having a great weekend. It was a wet dreary day here yesterday and today is sunny and windy, and quite cool out. I went for a run this morning and yesterday I did a spin class at the gym. Since I'm working this weekend, I won't be getting outside much.

How are you doing Loosey? I'm still the same weight, and still eating abit less lately. I will be starting to ride my bike more,  as it's only 2 weeks away to my first duathlon, and I haven't had my racing bike out yet. It is back from it's tune-up, ready and waiting for me.

May 4, 2008, 8:32 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hello

I'm doing good spiritually and emotionally, but physically....I have a problem. Just hanging around the 163 mark, can't seem to just go down!!! LOL....I mean, I know how to do it, but I just feel like I'm giving up everything when I try to start the Dr.Phil plan, and I know that's stinking thinking. I just love food, and I have to get that stinking thinking out of my head, not only for me, but for my boys, the older 2 are starting to act like me, when I see something good, I'm licking my lips and telling myself why I should have this or that.

I need to find other things to do, and don't get me wrong, I have tons of things to do. But their all stressful! lol Go to work, come home, make supper (if there's time) if I'm not taking the kid to work, then I'm taking the others to boxing or cadets or the Y. And if I'm not doing that, then I'm trying to get some laundry done, or house cleaning or school stuff!!! I took this weekend off, I didn't go to work, neither did my oldest, we just relaxed, watched movies, went to yard sales, went for a long drive to my moms, and....ate!!! sick eh!!

I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe this weight where I'm at is good for me....I don't have to exercise much and I can eat what I like...most times. But I don't want to be at this weight, I want to be 10 lbs lighter so I can fit those clothes up there in the closet.

I guess it just have to get real eh/huh

Don't be afraid to give me some advice or your opinion, I can take it, I think I need it.

Loosey

May 4, 2008, 8:56 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: inchesbgon

Hello

I'm doing good spiritually and emotionally, but physically....I have a problem. Just hanging around the 163 mark, can't seem to just go down!!! LOL....I mean, I know how to do it, but I just feel like I'm giving up everything when I try to start the Dr.Phil plan, and I know that's stinking thinking. I just love food, and I have to get that stinking thinking out of my head, not only for me, but for my boys, the older 2 are starting to act like me, when I see something good, I'm licking my lips and telling myself why I should have this or that.

I need to find other things to do, and don't get me wrong, I have tons of things to do. But their all stressful! lol Go to work, come home, make supper (if there's time) if I'm not taking the kid to work, then I'm taking the others to boxing or cadets or the Y. And if I'm not doing that, then I'm trying to get some laundry done, or house cleaning or school stuff!!! I took this weekend off, I didn't go to work, neither did my oldest, we just relaxed, watched movies, went to yard sales, went for a long drive to my moms, and....ate!!! sick eh!!

I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe this weight where I'm at is good for me....I don't have to exercise much and I can eat what I like...most times. But I don't want to be at this weight, I want to be 10 lbs lighter so I can fit those clothes up there in the closet.

I guess it just have to get real eh/huh

Don't be afraid to give me some advice or your opinion, I can take it, I think I need it.

Loosey

Hi, Loosey!

What do the charts say is a healthy range for your height?  More importantly, how great did you feel mentally and physically when you weighed 10-14 pounds less?  You were 149 when I met you two years ago, if I remember correctly.  I sometimes think I'll take the easy way out and try to stay where I am.  But, if I'm honest with myself, I don't feel nearly as great as  I did 10-20 pounds less!  And, I've got to fit back into those clothes!  That was the whole point of getting rid of clothes when they became too big.  I maintained at 129 for almost a year, then I got lazy.  I exercised less, and ate more.  I justified everything, saying I "deserved" to take a break from exercise, or to eat differently.  That's not taking care of myself.  I'm on the right track again.  It's definitely hard, and I think it will always be a struggle for me if I let it.  I just need to accept that I have to exercise and eat a certain way to stay healthy, I can't compare myself to others.  I had a problem jumping back into Dr. Phil's plan again.  Maybe because I've lost a lot of weight on it twice.  Obviously, it works.  I don't know why I had a mental block.  Find something that works.  You can do it, and I'm here for you.

Diane

May 5, 2008, 9:09 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: imlosingw8

Hi, Loosey!

What do the charts say is a healthy range for your height?  More importantly, how great did you feel mentally and physically when you weighed 10-14 pounds less?  You were 149 when I met you two years ago, if I remember correctly.  I sometimes think I'll take the easy way out and try to stay where I am.  But, if I'm honest with myself, I don't feel nearly as great as  I did 10-20 pounds less!  And, I've got to fit back into those clothes!  That was the whole point of getting rid of clothes when they became too big.  I maintained at 129 for almost a year, then I got lazy.  I exercised less, and ate more.  I justified everything, saying I "deserved" to take a break from exercise, or to eat differently.  That's not taking care of myself.  I'm on the right track again.  It's definitely hard, and I think it will always be a struggle for me if I let it.  I just need to accept that I have to exercise and eat a certain way to stay healthy, I can't compare myself to others.  I had a problem jumping back into Dr. Phil's plan again.  Maybe because I've lost a lot of weight on it twice.  Obviously, it works.  I don't know why I had a mental block.  Find something that works.  You can do it, and I'm here for you.

Diane

Hello,

Thanks for the talk Diane.

I think the charts say that I should be about 151 on the higher end and 143 on the lower end. so I'm 12 lbs over the higher end. And it doesn't seem like much but it is a size bigger. I guess I can live with size 11/12, my old clothes are size 9/10. I would just have to put those away and start buying the size I fit now. The average size of a woman they say is a size 12 right. lol I can be average. ok, maybe If I can even lost 5 lbs and stick to that, I might even feel better.

I think what I'm going to have to do it stay away from that darn scale too. It seems that I'm on there just checking to see if I lost a lb. And if I didn't I get discouraged.

And I guess I just have to realize that I'm going to have to continue exercising and try to eat less, I can't always be in pig out mode when I see something good.

Like Saturday, me and my son went out for pizza and it was buffet. The nice thing is, that's all I ate all day, I was stuffed right till I went to bed! lol

I would like to try this week....to just try and be normal! what ever that is. lol

I was 163 Friday and I'm 163 today. No IE all weekend. I should aim for a pound a week.

Loosey

May 10, 2008, 8:58 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hi!

I had a good week.  I walked 3 miles 4  mornings, had to go in to work early the other mornings.  I tracked everything I ate, so I ate well.  I lost 2.4 lbs, total loss 11.2 so far.  I'm at 149.8.  I'm going to get back into my smaller clothes and call that my goal weight.  Probably another 10 lbs.

Hope you're both doing well!

Tomorrow my whole family is doing a 5k walk for Mother's Day.  Last year, I pushed my mom in a wheelchair.  This year she's walking it!  What a blessing!

Diane

May 10, 2008, 6:20 pm CDT

GRATS!

Congratulations Diane. You are doing good and your mother sure has improved with her health. That is so great to hear.

I ran in a 10K running race today and came 3rd for my age group. My sister came in 3rd for her age group in the 5K run, and my hubby came in 3rd for the 5K walkers. A guy from our work came in 3rd for running the 5K, for his age group, so we all belong in a 3rd place group team, lol.

I have been eating better lately but I haven't weighed in to see if I have a loss. Will do that tomorrow or Monday, if I remember.

Keep up the good work. Hope you are coming along and following a healthy lifestyle Loosey.

May 11, 2008, 8:05 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!!

Conrats on your loss Diane, that's amazing...keep it up.

I'm going for a ride today, first I'm going to my mom's (an hour away) then were going out to eat for Mother's Day. Then tonight were going to the next city after that one, (2 hrs from here) my son has a Dr. App't. He has some kind of lump on his shoulder that they're concerned about. this is the second time I'm taking him. he's already been for and x-ray and MRI. So pray that everything goes well.

It's going to be kind of an expensive trip, just with the gas...man, 1.29 a liter! I remember when it was 52 cents a liter. This is just sad. I know I'll be trying to use our vehicle less if I can help it.

Well, I hope you both of you have a nice Mother's Day

P.S I'm still the same with my weight! lol

Loosey.

May 11, 2008, 10:13 am CDT

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day ladies.

That's too bad that you will have an expensive couple of days travelling, etc, Loosey. Between the cost of gas and other things like BREAD fo instance, it is getting very hard to make ends meet. It sure must be tough on single Moms, right Loosey!

I will be going to work soon and work next weekend on my Birthday too. Oh, well someone has to do it.

I am at 124.8 lbs now, so I lost another pound. It is going slowly. I did a spin class this morning at the gym. Boy are they hard!!

First | Prev | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | Next | Last