Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 13, 2008, 8:18 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: latemorn

Happy Mother's Day ladies.

That's too bad that you will have an expensive couple of days travelling, etc, Loosey. Between the cost of gas and other things like BREAD fo instance, it is getting very hard to make ends meet. It sure must be tough on single Moms, right Loosey!

I will be going to work soon and work next weekend on my Birthday too. Oh, well someone has to do it.

I am at 124.8 lbs now, so I lost another pound. It is going slowly. I did a spin class this morning at the gym. Boy are they hard!!

Hello

Got back earlier this evening. And although it was a very expensive little trip I enjoyed all the relaxation. I decided to book a couple nights at the motel. So kids swam and went on waterslides while I sat around and did nothing...literally! Usually I'm working, cooking, cleaning, laundry...the story of my life. But over there I didn't do any of that. I took the kids out once to eat and the rest of the time we had sandwiches, and I stocked up on fruit and yogurt (and other munchies) But it was relaxing. It might have cost me a few pounds!! grrr...but I guess it was worth getting away from the house. Now Í'm really afraid to look on the scale! But I'll have to face it on Friday, so better get back on track.

I work tomorrow (a new shift that starts at 9am so this will be weird going into work later. Normally I"m getting there at 7am. We'll see how it goes.

Goodnight

Loosey

May 15, 2008, 6:49 pm CDT

Loosey

Sure hope the scale was nice to you. That sounds so nice, to just relax, something I sure could use right now. I've had more peoblems at work, major stress. It is getter harder to go to work. NOW I just can't wait till we move, and I get a new job. I can't take much more stress!! Forget my plans to stay till October so I can go in all my races. I will do what I can from up north. The sooner we go, the better! And just think, I haven't missed a day in 9 years at that place, and now I want out of there. My stomach was hurting all day at work, from the stress. My appetite is gone, and I haven't cooked all week, till tonight. I cooked up pasta and sauce, and that's all. I've been eating grilled cheese or just toast. Not a good week at all.

Sorry, not a nice post. Anyways, you get back on track and I'll get out there and do some training and get my spirit back. I'll try to eat better tomorrow. I'll need to eat for energy as I have a race on Monday. We need to get motivated once again.

May 17, 2008, 9:39 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hello!

Whew, it was hot here today!!  I went to my first crawfish feed.  I had never had them before.  They're a lot of work!

I was down 2.4 today, for a total of 13.7.  I'm at 147.4.  I'm going to get to 145 for my goal weight with weight watchers.  Since I became a "lifetime" member many years ago, I don't have to pay for meetings as long as I'm at or under my goal weight.  So, to save money, I'm going to list 145 as my goal weight, knowing that I want to lose 10 more pounds for my clothes to fit.  I'm getting there.  I feel good.  I have to go into work early a few times a week, so that's cutting into my exercise time.  The biggest help for me is logging everything I eat to keep track of my points.

How are you two doing?  How's work?  How's running?  We're going camping for the long weekend next week.  We're going to an annual event we've gone to for a few years now.  There's never a shortage on food.  I'm going to try to relax, but not overindulge.

Hope you're both doing well!

Diane

May 18, 2008, 1:48 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: latemorn

Sure hope the scale was nice to you. That sounds so nice, to just relax, something I sure could use right now. I've had more peoblems at work, major stress. It is getter harder to go to work. NOW I just can't wait till we move, and I get a new job. I can't take much more stress!! Forget my plans to stay till October so I can go in all my races. I will do what I can from up north. The sooner we go, the better! And just think, I haven't missed a day in 9 years at that place, and now I want out of there. My stomach was hurting all day at work, from the stress. My appetite is gone, and I haven't cooked all week, till tonight. I cooked up pasta and sauce, and that's all. I've been eating grilled cheese or just toast. Not a good week at all.

Sorry, not a nice post. Anyways, you get back on track and I'll get out there and do some training and get my spirit back. I'll try to eat better tomorrow. I'll need to eat for energy as I have a race on Monday. We need to get motivated once again.

Hello, it's ok, that's what these boards are for, to encourage one another and to help each other. Do what you have to, to lighten your load, if moving earlier will make things a bit better, then do that. Yes, there will be more races down the road...waiting for you. You need to take care of you.

That scale is not being nice. Well I guess it's not because I haven't been to the gym in over a week. I just took a little break, but I'll get back into it.

I guess this biggest loser challenge isn't really helping...lol I thought it would motivate me, but I think it just caused more stress.

Stress is everywhere, we need to learn to control it and not let it control us. I know it's not easy believe me. I was going through alot these past few weeks. Maybe just feeling a little bit sorry for myself. Having to work and look after the kids and all the housework. Having to do it all by myself. And no time to do anything or look after myself. But I've been reading the news lately, and with that cylcone and that earthquake out there in China. I just told myself to smart n'up. There are people out there that are worse off, with no homes, no water. Who am I to complain...when I have a home, food, clothes, water, my kids and a job. Man, what was I thinking. I'm just counting my blessings and thankful for what I do have, even though sometimes it may be hard.

Hang in there Karen, everything will fall in place, just a little patience.

Loosey

May 18, 2008, 1:57 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: imlosingw8

Hello!

Whew, it was hot here today!!  I went to my first crawfish feed.  I had never had them before.  They're a lot of work!

I was down 2.4 today, for a total of 13.7.  I'm at 147.4.  I'm going to get to 145 for my goal weight with weight watchers.  Since I became a "lifetime" member many years ago, I don't have to pay for meetings as long as I'm at or under my goal weight.  So, to save money, I'm going to list 145 as my goal weight, knowing that I want to lose 10 more pounds for my clothes to fit.  I'm getting there.  I feel good.  I have to go into work early a few times a week, so that's cutting into my exercise time.  The biggest help for me is logging everything I eat to keep track of my points.

How are you two doing?  How's work?  How's running?  We're going camping for the long weekend next week.  We're going to an annual event we've gone to for a few years now.  There's never a shortage on food.  I'm going to try to relax, but not overindulge.

Hope you're both doing well!

Diane

Wow Diane, that's amazing!! Your doing good, maybe I should think about weight watchers. Keep it up girl.

You'll reach your goal weight in no time, I know you will.

I will have to get back to the gym and get out of my rutt. I work 4 days this week, so I might be a little tired but I'll still do it.

I'm going to the park with the kiddies to have a little picnic. I have chicken breasts and salad.

Loosey

May 18, 2008, 6:30 pm CDT

Hello

You are still doing good Diane. We are proud of you, so keep going and get to your goal. I'm slowly working my way down. Of course I don't have far to go so getting there slowly is fine with me. Loosey, you will find your motivation once again, just hope it's soon.

I'm feeling a wee bit better now that I've made the decision to move sooner. I do want to get away from that very stressful job. I like my job at the Nursing Home and just might try to stay in that field up north. There are lots up there too.

My running and soon my biking will get me in shape. I have a duathlon tomorrow and I've been out only once on the bike. Not good, not much training but I'll wing it tomorrow and maybe that race will get me to be more committed to my training. Hope the weather is much better than the last two days. We've been having rain for at least half the day.

May 22, 2008, 12:45 pm CDT

A new way to live your life

BIGMTGUY

A new way to think about losing weight

I have to keep telling myself that. It's not. A diet is something you do for a short period of time in order to get a result that doesn't last, and you end up worse off than before. No, no...this is not a diet.

It is a way of life. A life change. Something different. I think we are often too hard on ourselves. I think we get disappointed in ourselves. We get frustrated because after a lot of hard work, the scale doesn't move, or the inches don't come off.

So we go to what we know best. Food. Then more guilt, more frustration, more disappointment.

But I've come to realize something. If this isn't a diet...and it is a way of life, then it's ok. It's ok to have a bad week on the scale, because it's not the end of the world. Next week will come...and then the next. If this is about life change, then I must look at this as a marathon and not a sprint.

I didn't get fat overnight. No, I got fat after years and years of neglect and overeating, lack of exercise, being tired, and a miriad of other excuses. Therefore I can't expect to lose this weight over night. And I won't lose it next week and I won't lose it next month.

But I will lose it. Why?? Because I'm not on a DIET!!. I'm changing my life. I'm changing my lifestyle. I know that while I may have a bad week on the scale or even a bad month, next year, I will not be the same person I was. I will be healthier. I don't know what that means on the scale, but I don't think it matters either. If this is my way of life, then I will be healthier. I know it.

So if I mess up and have a donut or a piece of cake or a slice of pizza now and then, it's ok. I'm not going to drown myself in guilt, nor am I going to drown myself in food. I'm just going to enjoy life. That might mean eating great for a month and then eating not so great for a day or two. But I'm going to enjoy life knowing that I'm making decisions that will make me a happier, healthier person in the future.

I'm not going to look in the mirror and get disappointed that I don't look the way I want to now. It will come. But it will take a while. And you know...that's ok. I'm changing. When the changes come and are visible...then great, but it's ok if I don't see them yet. I just know that everyday I'm going to make better decisions.

Remember...THIS IS NOT A DIET! This is a life change. A new way to live your life. Enjoy it.

*sparks people*

June 7, 2008, 9:37 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hello gals.

How are you two doing? I miss ya guys. I haven't weighed myself since...hmmm...couple weeks I think. I think I'm doing alright though. (I hope I am)

My grandma passed away last night. she was 85. Actually she just turned 85 a week ago, we had a little birthday party for her. and after that she went downhill. She had a wondeful, full life. I miss her already. She was staying at the nursing home where I work. So I'll always be reminded of her when I go to work.

Her funeral is on Tuesday. But all the family is here comforting and supporting each other. I'll be okay once this is all over with. My mom and dad are spending the night and day tomorrow, so it will be nice to have them around.

See ya later, take care.

Loosey

June 8, 2008, 3:21 pm CDT

Loosey

So sorry to hear about your grandma. It is hard no matter what their age. That's good that she had a good life, so there must be many good memories. You take it easy for a few days and take care of your family as well as yourself. Let yourself grieve, but think of the good memories often.

I'm doing OK. I'm still about the same weight, about 5 lbs above my racing weight, and that is OK with me. I'm just having a hard time being consistent with my training. I've been stressed and running around, and not getting in my training. I still go in the races, but I' m slower as a result of lack of training. I'll keep trying to get my energy back, so I can train eagerly once again.

June 9, 2008, 6:31 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hi Loosey,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.  I'm glad you have family around you at this difficult time.    It sounds like you have many happy memories of your grandma;  that's how we should live...so when we're gone people will say we lived a wonderful life and they have a lot of happy memories with us.  It sounds like she was a blessing in your life.

As far as weight goes, I haven't been to a meeting in a few weeks.  I've been out of town or busy.  Boy, it makes a difference.  I'm up a few again.  I just want to get this last 10 lbs off and be done!  Now it's camping season again, and that's was my downfall (or should I say upfall  : )   ) last year.

Take it easy, Loosey.  Allow yourself time to grieve.

Diane

First | Prev | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | Next | Last