Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 5, 2008, 10:01 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hello Girls.

Well I think everything is back to normal now...well as normal as it can get anyway.

How are you both doing?

I'm not doing so well weight wise. I completly fell off the wagon, back to eating the old foods I used to eat and it sure is showing.  I'm having quite the time getting back on track. I think I will just start with one goal at a time and the 1st one will be getting back to IE everyday. I totally threw that out the window and I need to get back at it. I feel rotten. I don't know how I'm going to do this. I'll figure something out.

Loosey

July 6, 2008, 9:42 am CDT

Hi Loosey

Nice to see you back here! I guess you could say that you used eating as a crutch to help you at this time. You can improve yur healthy ways, taking it one day at a time, and making small goals. Take it one notch at a time, conquering each bad habit slowly. You can do this.

I am still fighting boredowm and loneliness, and that makes me eat more and want to exercise less. Hubby is up north working and now I have to start packing everything up. We move next month but I won't be moving till about the end of September. It's hard and I just can't seem to be motivated on my own. I now have the time to do my workouts more, but I don't. I'm working on it slowly, to build it back up. You will do it too. It sure is hard though.

August 22, 2008, 10:34 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Sorry ro see this board go .

August 24, 2008, 6:33 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hi!  I'm here!  I feel like a hypocrite posting on the "maintaining your weight" site when I haven't done that lately.  I'm working, not very well, at losing again.  Soooooo frustrating!!  I get so mad at myself!  Anyone else around?  Doing better, I hope?

August 25, 2008, 6:20 pm CDT

Hi

I've been here abit. I have moved now. Hubby is living in our house up north and I'm staying at my sisters. I don't get to use the computer unless she leaves it on because you need her password just to go to google. I'm maintaining but not at my race weight, but close, within 5 lbs at least. I'm tired from packing and moving and unpacking etc. Now my mother has fallen and broke her leg, so on top of all I am trying to keep up with, I run over almost daily to her place, and run her errands. I'll be back to check up on you another time. Keep trying!

August 26, 2008, 9:49 pm CDT

/Hi! I'm new here./

I finally made it to my goal weight of 119, and I'm trying hard to kep my weight right around there.

I'm hoping others will keep posting because you've been maintaining a lot longer than me.

Just call me Andiepie.

(177/ 119/ 119.5)  Original weight, goal weight, current weight

August 27, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

/ I'm so glad that you all are here/

It's such an odd feeling not to really need to lose any more weight, but it makes me a little nervous, too.  I'm trying to find a balance between still eating healthy but not losing any more weight. 

I do weigh once a week on Monday morning.  So far I've been under 120 for two out of three weigh ins.

You may wonder why 119 pounds.  The reason is a doctor I had a while back said that since I'm 5'1", I shouldn't weigh under 119.  He looked this up on a chart.  Well, I've seldom been even close to what a doctor thought I should weigh, so I took it on as a challenge.

I finally made it down to 119 (actually 118.5) the day before my 62nd birthday. 

Well, you'll hear more from me, but right now I need some lunch.

:) Andiepie17

August 27, 2008, 9:43 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: andiepie15

It's such an odd feeling not to really need to lose any more weight, but it makes me a little nervous, too.  I'm trying to find a balance between still eating healthy but not losing any more weight. 

I do weigh once a week on Monday morning.  So far I've been under 120 for two out of three weigh ins.

You may wonder why 119 pounds.  The reason is a doctor I had a while back said that since I'm 5'1", I shouldn't weigh under 119.  He looked this up on a chart.  Well, I've seldom been even close to what a doctor thought I should weigh, so I took it on as a challenge.

I finally made it down to 119 (actually 118.5) the day before my 62nd birthday. 

Well, you'll hear more from me, but right now I need some lunch.

:) Andiepie17

Hello, Andiepie!

Welcome!  I can totally relate to your anxiety about maintaining.  You've been in weight loss mode for a while, and you know how to do that.  Maintaining is new.  Reporting here helps you be accountable.  How long did it take you to lose all that weight?  Congratulations, by the way!

Diane

August 28, 2008, 5:58 pm CDT

Hi Diane and Andiepie

It's great to see some posts here. I'm trying to maintain my weight around 120 and this past week and a half has been so stressful, and with PMS too, my eating was off and I gained 3 lbs. I was at 118 last summer and was 119 about 2 weeks ago. I try to keep an eye on my weight and stay near my goal. Now I have to try harder once again so that I don't stray far from goal. It is so easy to gain and even harder to get it off when you are near goal.

So how are you doing these days Diane? Are you back at goal weight?

Andiepie, you are close to me with your starting weight and goal weight. I was up to 180 at one time and am down to 123 right now, but try to maintain around 118 - 120. Also I'm only 5' 1', but am younger than you. So a high five to you for losing that amount of weight at your age.

Keep in touch ladies.

August 30, 2008, 8:07 am CDT

Time to re read the book

When is the last time you read the book. You need to read the book as if you never read it before. You have let all your old habbits creep back into your life style. You are enjoying your negative pay offs far to much right now. You can get back on  track. One meal at a time. Get out that book and start today.

Denise

PS I know I have been there. 

First | Prev | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | Next | Last