Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 3, 2008, 10:33 am CDT

/Diane/

Losing all that weight took a long time, but that's all right.  In the past, I'd lost weight in all the bad but quick ways: high protein-low carb, liquid protein...etc.  This time I lost weight in a healthy way, and I'm keeping it off, too.  That's why I weigh once a week, so I don't let anything get too out of hand.

:) Andiepie17

September 4, 2008, 9:58 am CDT

/How to find "Phil to the 7th Power"/

This is not a paid commercial, but I am trying to get the little exercise board I helped to start moving again.  If you want to find "Phil to the 7th Power",  click on "search boards".  There will be a liitle white blank under that.  In that white blank, type in "Phil to the 7th".    Make sure you use quotation marks around "Phil to the 7th".  Hit "enter".  You'll see a list.  What you're looking for is "Phil to the 7th" in the title.  Click on that line, and you've found me. 

Purpose of "Phil to the 7th" is to encourage all of us to exercise. 

Please come on over and check it out.

September 4, 2008, 10:11 am CDT

/Reading the first posts/

I was reading the first few posts on this board, and I have to say whoever started this board had some good things to say.  I'm  still working on finding out myself  what I can now eat and not gain weight.  So every week's weigh in involves hoping I'm eating healthy foods--and not too much of them. 

I bought some Yoplait low fat yogurt because it was on sale.  So far my favorite flavor is key lime pie.  The various ones I've tried are usually between 100 and 170 calories.  I've been eating one a day on top of what I usually eat.  So I guess I'll find out if this will work for me next Monday when I weigh in again.

September 4, 2008, 10:18 am CDT

/latemom/

Please look for the post marked /Diane/.  I didn't realize it wasn't her who'd asked about how long it took to lose the weight.

You're right.  For me losing weight definitely got tougher as I got older.  That's a lot of the reason I weigh once a week.  That way I can make sure things don't get out of hand.

September 4, 2008, 9:31 pm CDT

/An easier way to find "Phil to the 7th Power"/

Here's what Marion had to say from "Maximizing..."  I know this works because I just tried it.

Here is a much easier way to get there.

Click on MESSAGE BOARDS at top of this page.

Click on WEIGHT LOSS MEMBER DISCUSSIONS

It will come up with all the message boards and Phil to the 7th is about 3/4 of the way down the second page.

Thanks, Marion!

From Andiepie17

September 8, 2008, 9:08 pm CDT

/It's been awhile since I've posted/

and I apologize for that.  I've run out of room on my "favorites" list.  So when I post, I get in to the "search boards".  That does take longer.

I promise to be more faithful.

Still at 119, and very happy to be there.

September 9, 2008, 6:15 pm CDT

hi

You're doing great Andiepie. I weighed in on the weekend and am back to 120. I fluctuate abit but don't want to let it stay when I gain. I weigh myself every 1 or 2 weeks to keep an eye on things. I am so busy with helping Mom out. I go there daily, and I don't get things done around here. It's rough but Mom won't ask for help so you have to just go there. Well almost bedtime so I'll pop in another time.

September 9, 2008, 8:36 pm CDT

/latemom/

Quote From: latemorn

You're doing great Andiepie. I weighed in on the weekend and am back to 120. I fluctuate abit but don't want to let it stay when I gain. I weigh myself every 1 or 2 weeks to keep an eye on things. I am so busy with helping Mom out. I go there daily, and I don't get things done around here. It's rough but Mom won't ask for help so you have to just go there. Well almost bedtime so I'll pop in another time.

Thanks for your kind words.

My Mom lives about a long block away from me, and my sister Lisa lives with her.   I don't drive because of my back.  And Mom doesn't drive anymore. so Lisa takes her where she needs to go.  On the weekends Lisa takes our Mom and me to our family's cabin.  SInce I'm back at work, Mom and I can only stay overnight.  But that does give Lisa a little break.

So good to hear from you.

September 9, 2008, 8:46 pm CDT

My healthy birthday/

I first made my goal weight on Oct. 22, 2005.  I celebrate that birthday as my healthy birthday.  At that time my goal was 125, and I actually came under that goal at 124.5.  Sometime later I talked to a doctor about what would be a good weight for me; he looked at a chart and told me not to go under 119.  That's when my goal weight became 119 which I hit on August 4, 2008--the day before my real birthday.

I think it's important to celebrate our healthy birthdays.  Do you remember when you hit your goal weight?  Why not celebrate it?  What I do is buy myself flowers--2 per year.  As one on-line friend pointed out, I can't eat the flowers.  That's a good reason to celebrate my healthy birthday with them.

Some night when my back is not hurting, I'll post the message I put in my healthy birthday card  I gave to myself.  Maybe that message will encourage some who may be struggling.

September 17, 2008, 3:33 am CDT

/Still under 120/

Well, friends, I gained a little, but I'm still under 120.

I told a friend at work to please stop pushing donuts on me because I gained a half pound this last week.  My friend understands because she is also trying to lose weight.

Hope you are all doing well.

First | Prev | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | Next | Last