Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 24, 2008, 10:02 am CDT

/Gained some weight on vacation/

Friends--I'm in the low 120's.  I'm not happy about it, but I know I can get back to 119 again.  I always seem to gain some weight on vacation, and I guess I can say it's because I don't buy the groceries.  That may be part of it, but truthfully, I was surrounded by food I like--but don't buy.  And I made the choice to eat that food.

Yesterday, I was back home, and I ate what I usually eat at home.  I'll be back to 119 again because at home I'm surrounded by healthy food.

:) Andiepie17

(177/ 119/ 121.5)

September 24, 2008, 6:23 pm CDT

Andiepie

Good that you are now surrounded by healthy foods. You'll be back to 119 soon. I am holding I think. I won't be able to wiegh myself for another week, as that is when I'll go home again. I'm moving in about a month from now. The house is almost all unpacked. Hubby is up there working on it, getting things doen before winter. I can't wait till I'm up there and settled in. It has been a long, busy summer without him down here.

You keep trying to get back to your goal. Keep in touch.

September 30, 2008, 2:01 pm CDT

/Lost a souveniere pound/

I was happy to see I lost a pound from what I took home from Washington state.  All I've got to do now is lose 1.5 pounds to be back down to my goal weight.  I know I can.

(177/ 119/ 120.5)

September 30, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

/Latemom/

Quote From: latemorn

Good that you are now surrounded by healthy foods. You'll be back to 119 soon. I am holding I think. I won't be able to wiegh myself for another week, as that is when I'll go home again. I'm moving in about a month from now. The house is almost all unpacked. Hubby is up there working on it, getting things doen before winter. I can't wait till I'm up there and settled in. It has been a long, busy summer without him down here.

You keep trying to get back to your goal. Keep in touch.

Thanks for all your encouragement!

I'm eager to hear about your being home again!

September 30, 2008, 6:28 pm CDT

Andiepie

Good for you. You'll soon be there. I'm heading back HOME this Thursday night. It has been awhile since I've been there, it seems. I hope that I'm not up in weight as it feels like it, but it is PMS week for me. We will keep on being as healthy as we can as we can do more than we ever could. I definitely will feel better when I'm back home and working at a new job. SOOOONNN!!

October 3, 2008, 6:35 pm CDT

Hi Andiepie

Well I was up a lb. I kind of expected it as I never did any IE this week except for a walk on Tuesday evening. I guess I took the week off after my half marathon last Sunday. I did get out finally this morning for a run. It felt good to get back at it. So now I need to lose 3 and a half pounds to get back to my 118. OK, we can make it back down. See you at the goal line!!

October 5, 2008, 9:32 pm CDT

/Latemom/

Quote From: latemorn

Well I was up a lb. I kind of expected it as I never did any IE this week except for a walk on Tuesday evening. I guess I took the week off after my half marathon last Sunday. I did get out finally this morning for a run. It felt good to get back at it. So now I need to lose 3 and a half pounds to get back to my 118. OK, we can make it back down. See you at the goal line!!

Anybody who can do a half marathon can certainly get back down to 118! 

October 6, 2008, 9:37 pm CDT

/Lost another pound/

though I'm not sure how.  It must have been that I was so sick with the cold that I didn't feel like eating anything.  Anyway, I'm only a half pound from being back to my goal weight.

(177/ 119/ 119.5)

October 7, 2008, 5:48 pm CDT

You Can Do It

You're almost there Andiepie. You will make it!!

I will check on the weekend when I go back up north. I went for a jog today.,

October 12, 2008, 11:24 pm CDT

/Just in case/

There's a rumor going around that there's going to be some changes made on this Dr. Phil web site.  I don't know why they'd change things again after there was so much trouble the last time.  So I want on my Maintain Your Weight friends to have my real email address.  Please make a note of it in your email address book.

andiepie17's real name is Andrea.

email address is:

andiepie17@aol.com

Please mention Dr. Phil or Maintain Your Weight in the title of your email message to me.

First | Prev | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | Next | Last