Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 8, 2006, 8:45 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

I am STS at 149.

May 9, 2006, 7:51 pm CDT

That's great!

Quote From: inchesbgon

I am STS at 149.
Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right!  That's so exciting that you've stayed the same!  Great job!  Keep up the good work!!!  You should feel very proud of yourself!

May 9, 2006, 9:14 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: imlosingw8

Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right!  That's so exciting that you've stayed the same!  Great job!  Keep up the good work!!!  You should feel very proud of yourself!
Thank you! What did you weigh in at?

May 9, 2006, 11:18 pm CDT

weekly weigh-in

Thank you! What did you weigh in at?

I lost 2 pounds, 147.  I tried on my shorts from 2 years ago when I had been losing weight all year.  I think during the summer, I was probably 150 at the beginning, and 137 by September.  Anyway, some of the shorts fit, and some don't quite fit yet.  It's a great feeling when that zipper goes up.  : )  I've read that one way to help maintain your weight is to get rid of all of your larger sizes of clothing...then you have nothing to wear if you gain too much, and are more likely to catch it sooner and do something about it. 

So, while I'm still trying to lose, I know I don't fit in to this maintenance board yet....But, it's definitely something I'm beginning to think about.  Again, I'm glad you started this board.  It's a very important part of weight loss that doesn't seem to be addressed enough:  I lost all this weight, now what?  Thanks for letting me participate, even though I'm still trying to lose.  If more peole who are trying to maintain step in, I'll step back until I've reached my goal. 

May 10, 2006, 7:43 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: imlosingw8

I lost 2 pounds, 147.  I tried on my shorts from 2 years ago when I had been losing weight all year.  I think during the summer, I was probably 150 at the beginning, and 137 by September.  Anyway, some of the shorts fit, and some don't quite fit yet.  It's a great feeling when that zipper goes up.  : )  I've read that one way to help maintain your weight is to get rid of all of your larger sizes of clothing...then you have nothing to wear if you gain too much, and are more likely to catch it sooner and do something about it. 

So, while I'm still trying to lose, I know I don't fit in to this maintenance board yet....But, it's definitely something I'm beginning to think about.  Again, I'm glad you started this board.  It's a very important part of weight loss that doesn't seem to be addressed enough:  I lost all this weight, now what?  Thanks for letting me participate, even though I'm still trying to lose.  If more peole who are trying to maintain step in, I'll step back until I've reached my goal. 

Oh, I don't mind you here at all.  

Congrats on the 2 lbs!! Awesome. It is a great feeling isn't it! I remember trying on a pair of jeans and was ecstatic when they fit, almost jumping up and down, but ya, I know that feeling. Your right, you need to clean out your closet of all your big clothes, so you won't have no choice but to lose weight, and you don't wanna be going out to buy bigger clothes right! lol   

Another thing to try is to go out and find a pair of pants that your really like, but it has to be a couple sizes smaller. Try them on every once in awhile until they fit, and what an awesome feeling when they finally do!! I think that's what kept me going, just the feeling of buying smaller clothes as the months went by. now I fit....depending on the brand, between sizes 9-11 and I'm happy with that.   

I weighed myself this morning, don't know why, but I did, and was 147. That will probably change by Monday though.  

I've been on another message board for over a year, the Manitoba, Canada Board  

http://www.drphil.com/messageboard/topic/88/  

Your welcome to join if you like.   

Loosey  

June 9, 2006, 5:30 pm CDT

Glad to find this maintenance board. I lost 106 pounds beginning 8/03 until 12/04 when I reached my goal of 150. This is the first time in my life that I've ever maintained my weight for more than a few days! I've maintained to the pound for 1-1/2 year

June 10, 2006, 8:02 am CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Quote From: dellapoo

Hi Dell, Nice to see you!!

And congratulations on the 106lbs!! Did you use the Dr.Phil program to lose it?  

And also congrats on maintaining for a year and a half! That's awesome.  

I was 219 in Jan/05 and I reached my goal of 150 in Oct/05 and I'm currently 148.5 I seem to fluctuate a few pounds every now and then, especially pms time and TOM.   

So are you finding it easy to maintain? Or do you still kind of struggle? How about exercise, how often do you do that?   

I still have a problem with sweets, I crave for something sweet once in awhile. I try to keep it down to once a day.  

Glad you came.  

Loosey  

June 12, 2006, 5:47 pm CDT

Hi Loosey, good to hear from you. I did use Dr. Phil's book to lose my weight. Probably the most important thing I did was get all my addictive foods out of my life. In my case that's all the sweet stuff. I'm out of control with it. I followed the bo

Hi Dell, Nice to see you!!

And congratulations on the 106lbs!! Did you use the Dr.Phil program to lose it?  

And also congrats on maintaining for a year and a half! That's awesome.  

I was 219 in Jan/05 and I reached my goal of 150 in Oct/05 and I'm currently 148.5 I seem to fluctuate a few pounds every now and then, especially pms time and TOM.   

So are you finding it easy to maintain? Or do you still kind of struggle? How about exercise, how often do you do that?   

I still have a problem with sweets, I crave for something sweet once in awhile. I try to keep it down to once a day.  

Glad you came.  

Loosey  

June 12, 2006, 5:48 pm CDT

Help. Why do I see "Message Title" and absolutely no place to post my message? What am I doing wrong? Della

Quote From: dellapoo

June 12, 2006, 8:25 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Dell, click on the POST A MESSAGE, then don't type your message where it says MESSAGE TITLE. You have to type it in the Big White Box beneath it. Just click in the box. and type away 

Loosey 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last