Message Boards

Topic : MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Number of Replies: 2265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, April 30, 2006, 05:01:28 pm
Author : inchesbgon
  • Congratulations for crossing the finish line in one of the most difficult journeys that you will face in your life! And now that you've crossed over from the 'darkside' you may be thinking, "What do I need to do to maintain my weight?"  You may feel like an awkward, lost puppy.  For so long now, whenever things got rough you summoned up your Willpower.  And your scales benefited from doing such.  But what now?  How much can you eat without gaining even an ounce of that unwanted weight back?
  •  When you get to your healthy target weight, what’s the best way to maintain it? It can be tough, well, here is the place for support.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 12, 2006, 8:27 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hi Dell, so you took sweet stuff out totally? That is awesome. I still seem to be hooked on them, not as much as before, way less than before. But I am still maintaining, so I must be doing something right! lol 

Loosey 

June 13, 2006, 2:56 pm CDT

helpful hints

Hi Dell, 

I'm anxious to hear how you transitioned from losing weight to maintaining weight.  I am about 8 pounds away from my goal.  My past has proven that I am good at losing weight, but not good at maintaining it!  Like Loosey, I'd like to know how you transitioned, how you changed your exercise, how you increased your eating. 

106 pounds!  Wow!  That's a whole person!  Good for you!  You should feel very proud of yourself for losing the weight, as well as keeping it off!!! 

Diane 

June 13, 2006, 5:52 pm CDT

Diane and Loosey, sorry, I only have "Message Title" NO PLACE FOR MY MESSAGE. IT ISN'T HERE! What's wrong? Della

June 13, 2006, 5:59 pm CDT

Diane, I only have Message Title to post in. This will be short. I'm same as you, NEVER maintained before now. I finally decided to stop binging. Never wanted to give that up before. I know I can't eat sweets or binge, they will always defeat me. I'

Quote From: imlosingw8

Hi Dell, 

I'm anxious to hear how you transitioned from losing weight to maintaining weight.  I am about 8 pounds away from my goal.  My past has proven that I am good at losing weight, but not good at maintaining it!  Like Loosey, I'd like to know how you transitioned, how you changed your exercise, how you increased your eating. 

106 pounds!  Wow!  That's a whole person!  Good for you!  You should feel very proud of yourself for losing the weight, as well as keeping it off!!! 

Diane 

June 13, 2006, 9:11 pm CDT

MODERATOR!

Can you please help Dell? She can't type in the white box. 

Dell what kind of computer do you have? I wonder if it has something to do with that? Keep trying! 

June 13, 2006, 9:42 pm CDT

dellapoo

Click the Help button.

Scroll down to "How do I report a problem?"

Click "Message Boards/Diaries Support Form"

Or go to http://admin.drphil.com/messageboard/contact/ 

June 15, 2006, 8:02 am CDT

problems with typing message

Hi Dell, 

I just remembered that a couple of times I have not been able to type in the box, either.  Tech support was actually not able to resolve it.  All of a sudden I was just able to type in it again, so keep trying.  I do remember that I had that problem on Explorer, but was always able to type in Netscape. 

Diane 

June 15, 2006, 2:04 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hi Dell, 

I just remembered that a couple of times I have not been able to type in the box, either.  Tech support was actually not able to resolve it.  All of a sudden I was just able to type in it again, so keep trying.  I do remember that I had that problem on Explorer, but was always able to type in Netscape. 

Diane 

Hello Diane!  

How was your day today? 

Mine was pretty good, a little drained out, but otherwise pretty good! 

Later 

Loosey 

June 15, 2006, 2:35 pm CDT

good to hear from you

Hi Loosey! 

What happened to you on the other board?  I see you have a new picture.  I'll have to try to get creative one of these days. 

My day is going well.  My dd went with me to a weight-training class.  Wouldn't you know, it was the hardest one I've been to yet!  She's sore!  I don't usually feel sore until the next day for some reason. 

Then I took her to get her driver's learning permit.  She passed--definitely mixed emotions about that!  lol  I let her drive home the last block of our quiet neighborhood.  My heart is still pounding!  I'm not sure how my mom got through this. 

It's late for lunch, and I'm really hungry, so I'm off to fix my gorgonzola, etc. salad.  I eat it every day! 

Good to hear from you! 

Diane 

June 15, 2006, 3:28 pm CDT

MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT

Hi Loosey! 

What happened to you on the other board?  I see you have a new picture.  I'll have to try to get creative one of these days. 

My day is going well.  My dd went with me to a weight-training class.  Wouldn't you know, it was the hardest one I've been to yet!  She's sore!  I don't usually feel sore until the next day for some reason. 

Then I took her to get her driver's learning permit.  She passed--definitely mixed emotions about that!  lol  I let her drive home the last block of our quiet neighborhood.  My heart is still pounding!  I'm not sure how my mom got through this. 

It's late for lunch, and I'm really hungry, so I'm off to fix my gorgonzola, etc. salad.  I eat it every day! 

Good to hear from you! 

Diane 

Hello  

Weight Training class eh!! Ya, I guess it would be hard, when theres someone else telling you how to do it, and pushing you to do it!   

I'm not feeling so good today, hopefully I feel better tomorrow.  

I made a huge bowl of a layered salad, enough to last me a few days, might even last longer, since i'm the only one eating it! lol But it is good. I have no choice to eat it too or it's going to spoil! lol I want to try that cheese you use, it sound so good.  

Oh my gosh! she passed! now she's going to want a car! lol I often wonder what it's going to be like when my sons reach that age! lol  

Have a good day  

Loosey  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last