Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 21, 2007, 3:20 pm CST

I'm Pregnant!

Congratulations!

December 21, 2007, 3:21 pm CST

I'm Pregnant!

yay! congrats!

December 22, 2007, 8:59 am CST

pregant for the first time

hello i am 25 and pregant for the first time, this pregancty was unexpcted, but none the less i'm excited, but my boyfriend  who is 21 is sooo confused, scared, not sure at times if wants to keep it, and i think also a bit happy i'm not sure cause all of the other emotions take over he doesn't like to tak about it much cause when i try he gets upset, i'm wondering if anyone knows any good web sites for him to read, he really needs and wants to figure out what he wants and he needs help so if you know any sites please that would be a great help to me and him, cause once he knows what he wants then i can figure out what i am gonna do(but no matter what i'm keeping the baby) THANKS...

January 9, 2008, 5:06 pm CST

I'M PREGNANT 2

I AM 40 YEARS OLD  I HAVE 7 KIDS ALL READY PLUS I FOUND OUT I AM 5 MONTH  

January 22, 2008, 10:21 am CST

I'm Pregnant and its killing me

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second child. I love being a mom but this is a pregnancy from hell. I cant stop throwing up, i have constant stomach and back pain, migraines at least twice a week and the more I move the worse it gets. My house is a disaster because i just cant keep up with my busy toddler and going up and down the stairs to do laundry is almost impossible. My husband does the best he can to help me when he's home but he worked 10 sometimes 12 hour days and is so tired when he gets off work. my mother in law came to visit my daughter the other day and the house was such a mess, I thought she was going to pass out when she saw the state it was in. And to top it all off my husband is in the process of trying to lose weight because he is morbidly obese and i have to try to cook healthy meals which we all know takes twice as much time as throwing some chicken fingers in the oven. (not that I in any way am discouraging his weight loss its just adding to my stress at the moment) I just don't know what to do, as much as i want more children I am beginning to wish i hadn't gotten pregnant in the first place. and i feel guilty for even thinking that.

January 25, 2008, 5:37 pm CST

finally!

I just found out that I am about 6 weeks pregnant. I had a miscarriage last year when I was 20 weeks. That was the most devastating time I have ever gone through. I wanted that little miracle more than anything and we lost her for no reason. Now 6 months later and I am expecting again and I couldn't be happier. I haven't wiped this stupid grin off my face for a week now since I found out! I thought it would never happen, that was the longest 6 months of my life. And no worries, I am not "replacing" my baby I had lost, I just have so much love to give and I am ready to start my family. I will never forget about my baby I lost, I will love her until the day I die. I'm just sad and disappointed that I never got to tell her that or hold her in my arms. Hopefully everything works out with this pregnancy and I get to finally have my little miracle!

January 28, 2008, 7:07 am CST

Over halfway there..

I'm almost 5 months pregnant now, and still completely unprepared for any of it. I'm 23, it's my first child.
Finding an income-based apartment, getting all the things the baby needs, finding childcare, all while working full-time, at a third shift job, with no help from the baby's father-- It's all extremely stressful and difficult to deal with. I've always had problems of my own to sort out, but these issues feel much more important now that I'm responsible for someone else's life.

January 28, 2008, 1:24 pm CST

It's OK

Quote From: karmaisreal

Im 30wks. now and @ 1st  i didnt want to keep the baby bc of fear of being a single mother. The father of the child and his family didnt wanted me to keep the baby so i did. i love being pregnant and am  excited. the father of the child on the other hand said that we would do this together but he hasnt bn there for me at all. i go to the doctors alone . he seems uninterested in anything that has something to do with the baby. he doesnt call and check to see how im doing and hasnt bought the baby anything to this day. even when i made a trip to visit him he didnt want to feed me or cuddle and he seemed distant. he recently told me that he didnt want me using the baby as leveridge. i dont plan on filing for childsupport but i would like for my son to have his father in his life. he wants to name the baby and for the baby to have his last name. my father wants the baby to have my last name bc we are not married. i try to talk to him in a calm way eventhough i wish to do otherwise so we can keep a gd. relationship for the babys sake but nothing works. someone, anyone help i dnt know what to do im so hurt and confused at this point.

Be prepared to raise the baby on your own. Give him your last name and leave fathers name off birth certificate. This will help later with legal matters, including getting a passport should you need one for the baby(even to take a little vacation down the road). This won't interfere with your ability to request child support (fathers name does not have to be on certificate). If you need social services (food stamps, medicaid, WIC), they will go after the birth father for compensation any way.  Be strong...women can handle anything. Get a job if you don't have one..consider a job at a daycare. You can work and get a drastically reduced fee for your daycare services. Make sure you finish school!!!! Even if you have to take online classes or go at night.

If the father straightens up, great. If not, you'll be prepared!

Being scared and being weak are two different things. Scared is Ok. It will pass. You'll be fine!

January 28, 2008, 1:36 pm CST

Try Helath and Family Services

Quote From: mothersoon

I'm almost 5 months pregnant now, and still completely unprepared for any of it. I'm 23, it's my first child.
Finding an income-based apartment, getting all the things the baby needs, finding childcare, all while working full-time, at a third shift job, with no help from the baby's father-- It's all extremely stressful and difficult to deal with. I've always had problems of my own to sort out, but these issues feel much more important now that I'm responsible for someone else's life.
Please try to contact your local health and family services department. They can assist you with medical, social services, subsidized daycare and housing where available and so much more. If nothing else, they can direct you to pregnancy counseling that will at least allow you to vent and relieve some stress. Baby's are a joy and really need only the basics, so don't worry about furnishing a nursery and piling up clothes. Diapers, formula (which social services can help with if you need it) and some basic clothing is all you need. People raised babies for hundreds of years without changing tables, teething toys and all the other foo-foo. The baby won't remember any of it anyway. So take a deep breath and know it will all be alright.  The baby's in good, strong, capable hands....yours!

January 28, 2008, 1:41 pm CST

Wow!

Quote From: kathy01

I AM 40 YEARS OLD  I HAVE 7 KIDS ALL READY PLUS I FOUND OUT I AM 5 MONTH  
Wow and Congrats! You must be amazing! I hope all is well and you'll have another fabulous joy coming into your family soon!  Stay strong and take care.

First | Prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next | Last