Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2008, 1:32 pm CST

You will be fine

Quote From: mothersoon

I'm almost 5 months pregnant now, and still completely unprepared for any of it. I'm 23, it's my first child.
Finding an income-based apartment, getting all the things the baby needs, finding childcare, all while working full-time, at a third shift job, with no help from the baby's father-- It's all extremely stressful and difficult to deal with. I've always had problems of my own to sort out, but these issues feel much more important now that I'm responsible for someone else's life.
I am 6 1/2 mos pregnant and haven't started on my nursery and we are still trying to get everything for the baby and for the baby shower.  It is my second child and I have a four year old now.  I was 19 when I got pregnant with my first son and felt exactly how you did the only difference between us is I am with my sons father we got married shortly after finding out I was pregnant.  It is very overwhelming with a new baby on the way but in the end things will work out they always do.  They did for us.  We were broke, no place to live, no reliable transportation and no reliable job.  So things will hopefully start coming together and work out for you.

February 12, 2008, 1:35 pm CST

I am finally pregnant

I am 24 years old and finally pregnant with my second child. My son is four years old and we started trying about a 1 1/2 ago but just this last september I found out I was pregnant and the best part is we are having another boy.  We are so excited.  We thought this would never happen again as long as it took.

February 19, 2008, 11:33 am CST

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: dawnrpatrick

Wow and Congrats! You must be amazing! I hope all is well and you'll have another fabulous joy coming into your family soon!  Stay strong and take care.
thank you very much     DAWN

February 20, 2008, 5:10 pm CST

First Child!!

I am 9 months pregnant w/ my first child. I am so excited. I have had a wonderful pregnancy and can't wait till the little man gets here. His room is ready and waiting. Anyone have any advise for labor?? I plan on getting all the pain medicine they will give me during labor. I'm not brave enough to try the natural birth thing. HAHA...Anyway, wish me luck.

February 29, 2008, 5:07 am CST

32 weeks:)

I am a 20 year old girl/woman, and I am 32 weeks pregnate. The father of the baby and I are remaking a house,, that will probably be ready in two weeks or so. we have only been together for 10 months, so I think it is safe to say that the pregnantsy was no planned, but we both already now feel a very strong connection to the baby. i have no doubt about that my boyfriend will be the perfect father, and he is very excited. we have talked about what values we want to lay down in our child, how we want to cope with some of the different situations that are to come.  we try to discuss all the different things that we can be expecting in the future, so that the child  won't be in the middle of two opinions. hope we are doing the right thing?

March 3, 2008, 5:55 am CST

I'm Pregnant!

Hello. I am 24 years old and expecting my first baby in September. My boyfriend and I have been living together for 6 months now and been together for a year,  and want to get married  in febr, 09 but my family wants us to get married before the baby is born.. because it would be morally correct to do so. We think it will be best to make sure we have everything ready before the baby comes, and then focus on getting married, we really want to get married as well ! I am so stressed about this and get all kinds of mixed comments from my family such as " if we don't get married before the baby comes, the baby will come into the world with label his /her parents weren't married when he/she was born " and  even mentioned adoption as an option. Our reaction being upset if course, because I can not imagine this life inside of me being in someone else'e arms but our own !  My father is a priest, and they strongly believe in marriage before children. I know what we did was wrong,  but is it really so wrong if two people love each other and wants to spent the rest of their lives together despite of the baby being there or not? I am not sure how to handle this with parents, and just hope everything will work out for the best at the end and that they would want to be a part of our baby's life.

March 3, 2008, 5:56 am CST

First child but no moral support

Hello. I am 24 years old and expecting my first baby in September. My boyfriend and I have been living together for 6 months now and been together for a year,  and want to get married  in febr, 09 but my family wants us to get married before the baby is born.. because it would be morally correct to do so. We think it will be best to make sure we have everything ready before the baby comes, and then focus on getting married, we really want to get married as well ! I am so stressed about this and get all kinds of mixed comments from my family such as " if we don't get married before the baby comes, the baby will come into the world with label his /her parents weren't married when he/she was born " and  even mentioned adoption as an option. Our reaction being upset if course, because I can not imagine this life inside of me being in someone else'e arms but our own !  My father is a priest, and they strongly believe in marriage before children. I know what we did was wrong,  but is it really so wrong if two people love each other and wants to spent the rest of their lives together despite of the baby being there or not? I am not sure how to handle this with parents, and just hope everything will work out for the best at the end and that they would want to be a part of our baby's life.

March 25, 2008, 3:00 pm CDT

Be Strong

Quote From: k_tiemens

Hi Tiemens

I'm no expert but ask yourself these questions...

Does he love you? Do you love him? If these questions are in place and the answers are as they should be then you don't have anything to worry about. Yes your parents have a point but in the end are it your life and what they say is merely suggestions and what they think is the best for you, but in the end it's you who need to decide what you want to do. If YOU want to get married before the baby is born then do so if not then don't. You are the one that needs to live with your decisions. Parents usually have more experience and want you to do things as they see being correct, but sometimes they are not. So therefore you need to decide what it is you want. Don’t stress yourself about what your parents are saying rather concentrate on your relationship with you husband to be and concentrate on things that makes you happy. Stressing is not good when you are pregnant so just enjoy this time because it is very special and this is your time to be happy regardless what anyone else has to say.

Wishing you the best of luck and remember smile because what you have is a miracle from God

March 30, 2008, 12:16 am CDT

New baby and old babies?

I am now 28 weeks pregnant with child number 2. I have a 9 year old who is so very excited to have a little sister coming soon. I am not worried about my son and of course I expect there will be some jelousy once the baby arrives, but we will deal with that when it arrises. I am concerned about my 2 1/2 year old Pomeranian! She has been Mommies baby since we got her at 6 wks. old and she is very over protective me. She growls if my hubby comes near and she constantly has to be touching me. This was no problem before, but I am worried how she is going to be with the new addition into the house as the baby will be taking a lot of the attention I used to be giving her. Does anyone know how to prepare a spoiled dog for what is soon to come? How do I get my dog to accecpt the new baby? Any advice would be appreciated!

April 17, 2008, 7:40 pm CDT

Keep the baby

Quote From: morral_support

Hi Tiemens

I'm no expert but ask yourself these questions...

Does he love you? Do you love him? If these questions are in place and the answers are as they should be then you don't have anything to worry about. Yes your parents have a point but in the end are it your life and what they say is merely suggestions and what they think is the best for you, but in the end it's you who need to decide what you want to do. If YOU want to get married before the baby is born then do so if not then don't. You are the one that needs to live with your decisions. Parents usually have more experience and want you to do things as they see being correct, but sometimes they are not. So therefore you need to decide what it is you want. Dont stress yourself about what your parents are saying rather concentrate on your relationship with you husband to be and concentrate on things that makes you happy. Stressing is not good when you are pregnant so just enjoy this time because it is very special and this is your time to be happy regardless what anyone else has to say.

Wishing you the best of luck and remember smile because what you have is a miracle from God

Well i will tell you go to a court room and get married like I did ...go figure 3 months after i did i got pregnant...but if your that concerned do a courtroom and then do a formal ceremony later..dont give your child away that is you and your significant others creation... I am 22 and dealing with the fact that we are both military and the fear of leaving my soon to be baby girl behind dont do that to your child and if you dont get married before the child comes just give the baby unconditional love you are living in 2008 views now are quite different from when your parents were growing up there are more single parents and couples not getting married than ever before... I hope that helped you out!

Heather

First | Prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next | Last