Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 27, 2008, 8:51 pm CDT

well I have a bun in the oven

Hi I'm new here just signed up tonight..I just want to stay hi to everyone and I'm pregent with my child Beth....3 months to the day...I'm very happy..I hope all of you are happy with your pregenacies as well...keep going and eating and sleepig and just be happy your bringing life into the world.....horay!

May 11, 2008, 9:08 pm CDT

What is wrong with this picture?

I am very excited to be 12 weeks pregnant! Although it seems like my "soon to be husband" is too, he doesn't understand a thing. This is a first child for both of us and he just doesn't seem to get the issues I seem to have. Don't let me not feel good.. or be in a bad mood, because if I am.. I am "blaming it on being pregnant" or "selfish". Just a number of things. Don't get me wrong he is a very sweet man and is happy, but he doesn't understand the whole hormone thing. He says I am acting like a "baby" when things he says hurt my feelings or make me mad and I cry. I try to tell him I try to keep it under control but he doesn't get the concept of being a newly pregnant mother. We have been together for five years now and I thought he would be more supportive of my feelings during this time and be there for me more by at least trying to understand. I guess my question is, am I asking too much? Am I acting like a baby? This all is new for me, so this is all confusing me. Thanks everyone. Oh and on a lighter note I do love Dr. Phil!!

May 13, 2008, 1:18 pm CDT

Question

Hello all!  I have been wanting a baby for a long time now, and my husband and I have been talking about it.  We have not necessarily been trying to get pregnant, but we have not been using birth control either.  We just decided that we would see what happens ;)

Well, I think I'm pregnant!!! :)  I am officially three days late on my period, I've been having what feels like menstrual cramps but they are a bit stronger than my usual menstrual cramps, and I've been urinating more frequently.  So today I took a First Response home pregnancy test and it came out positive!  The extra line indicating pregnancy was a bit faint, but the instructions said that one of the two lines might be faint.  It obviosuly hasn't been confirmed by a doctor, and I'm a bit worried about a false positive.  What are the chances that this might be a false positive?  I've always heard that home pregnancy tests are very accurate, but I really want to be pregnant and I don't want to get my hopes up just to get disappointed when I go to the doctor.  Do you think I have anything to worry about given the signs?

June 26, 2008, 12:13 pm CDT

i am 31 wks pregnant

i am 24 and i am 31 wks pregnant with my 3rd boy and i love it but i hate it. i am so uncomfortable its horrible everything i eat i get heartburn so i dont eat much but i go through a bottle of tums in 2 weeks. but i love being pregnant too. i love feeling the life that my fiencee and i created. and he couldnt be more excited too. i have back pain like nobodies business. i am due august 31st and i cant wait i wanna see my little man now i am ready. we all are ready

June 26, 2008, 2:32 pm CDT

I'm pregnant.

I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant; due in October; first baby. I guess i'm not as excited as most of everyone on this board being that im only 20; however i am married, me and my husband were married after his first deployment in january of 2008, we werent planning on becomming pregnant but it happened and were dealing with it the best we can, and we most certainly didnt get married because i got pregnant. We found out in February. Were from NY but since hes in the army were stationed in Texas. I couldnt imagine giving up the baby for adoption, I was adopted and while it was the best decision that could have been made for me, I dont think i could live with myself knowing i had a child that i didnt know how she was doing. Abortion was not an option at all, ever, for me. This isnt the babies fault, as time has had it; the news isnt so bad anymore, and while it wasnt ever in my plans, its here now and as much as we didnt plan it; it doesnt mean i wouldnt love her any less. Yes, its a girl by the way.
Im still enrolled in college; still heading for my psych degree, yes Dr.Phil is pretty much my idol., and when my husband goes back on his SECOND deployment in may, the baby will only be around 6 months; so as hard as its going to bed i cant give up my dream of a psych degree., anyone else having a baby and pursuing college?

July 10, 2008, 12:23 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Im 27 weeks pregnant with my first child. My bf and I wanted to find out the sex, but we decided to make it a surprise. I'm on sick leave now only because I cant stand for more then 2 hours at work. I have scoliosis, if no one knows what that is I have a curve in my spine. So the pressure of the baby it hurts my lower back. so far I've only gained a little more then 20 pounds. Other then the pain in my back, my pregnancy is going awesome!

July 12, 2008, 8:48 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: squeaky411

I am very excited to be 12 weeks pregnant! Although it seems like my "soon to be husband" is too, he doesn't understand a thing. This is a first child for both of us and he just doesn't seem to get the issues I seem to have. Don't let me not feel good.. or be in a bad mood, because if I am.. I am "blaming it on being pregnant" or "selfish". Just a number of things. Don't get me wrong he is a very sweet man and is happy, but he doesn't understand the whole hormone thing. He says I am acting like a "baby" when things he says hurt my feelings or make me mad and I cry. I try to tell him I try to keep it under control but he doesn't get the concept of being a newly pregnant mother. We have been together for five years now and I thought he would be more supportive of my feelings during this time and be there for me more by at least trying to understand. I guess my question is, am I asking too much? Am I acting like a baby? This all is new for me, so this is all confusing me. Thanks everyone. Oh and on a lighter note I do love Dr. Phil!!
I am pregnant too. I think men just have a hard time  understanding our hormones and what we go through, since they aren't the ones going through it. My boyfriend is the same way. I already have 3 kids and he has one but this is our first together and since his other's baby's mom didn't experience the morning sickness or soarness or mood swings he has a hard time understanding that I am. He is happy that we are having a baby together. It just sucks that they don't experience what we do so have a hard time sympothizing with us. But hang in there!!

July 12, 2008, 8:57 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

I am 11 weeks pregnant. I am very happy about this pregnancy, it was planned. I have 3 other children so this will be my fourth. i'm also excited since I have a history of miscarriage and this one is seeming to go good so far. However I have morning sickness bad! Not just in the morning but all day. I also am starting to feel light headed at times and am so extremely tired! I think I might be anemic again as I was with my last child. Which sucks cause the iron that I'm supposed to take just make me more nauseas. I seem to be out growing my clothes so fast too. With my other pregnancies I was able to stay in my regular clothes until I was 4 months or more along. I can't wait to find out what I'm having but am concerned that I may be having twins or something due to my rapid growth of my stomach and my clothes not fitting already. Due to the morning sickness I am not eating alot so I don't know what other reason I could have for ballooning so soon. With 3 kids already I just think twins would be overwhelming but good thing I bought a van lol!! Well congrats to all the other pregnant mommies out there!!

July 17, 2008, 8:09 am CDT

I am alittle more than 6 months pregnant.

Hello.

I am pregnant with my first child, he has the due date of november 6th. Which is exciting because my birthday is november 14th!! I have had a gorgeous pregnancy. No morning sickness, and no problems. The doctor says that I am doing great. I have a concern though I am alittle over 6 months pregnant and just started gaining weight. I was small before but It worries me. My doctor acts like it isn't a problem .... and that I will gain weight at the end and it could all be the baby. I am having a baby boy .... we have decided to name him Rylan (after my twin brother) Harold (after my husbands grandpa). Has anyone else decided on a name? I am very excited although this pregnancy wasn't expected. I am twenty and my husband is twenty-one. We had just bought our first house in August and were so excited to be married and sharing our lives together. Then we found out that I am pregnant. Our families are so excited and we wouldn't change it for the world. It was just a surprise! Good luck to everyone!

July 17, 2008, 8:20 am CDT

to daddi3sg1rl

Hey daddi3sg1rl.

I am right with you on everything!! I am twenty, happily married, in college, and overwhelmed. I am alittle over 6 months so I am ok with it now. Don't get me wrong I was never unhappy about the pregnancy just very surprised. I am looking at taking some online classes this semester then next semester getting back on track and doubling up some classes! I just keep thinking everything will work out. And I need to finish school for the baby. I don't want him to turn eighteen and not go to college, so I have to be an example. My husband works and has a great job but for me that was never an option. My parents drilled in education comes first! I also was adopted at the age of sixteen and my adoptive parents are very young. It's been a great experience my adoptive mother didn't have any children by birth so it's fun taking her with me to the doctor and seeing how excited she is! I just focus surrounding myself with great people, that will be supportive and helpful. It's so nice seeing that were the same age. in the same situation. and have the same worry. Good Luck! And you will do great!

First | Prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Next | Last