Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2005, 7:48 pm CDT

Tubal ligation reversal success

My husband and I got married on June 25th and for our honeymoon we wanted to do something "productive".  So, how much more productive could we be than going to GA to get my tubes untied at an outpatient surgical center?  We found out recently it was a success and my expected date of delivery is 5/17/06.  Although cirumstances in my previous life found it necessary to resort to tubal reversal-it is wonderful to know that not all things are "permanent". 

October 9, 2005, 10:14 am CDT

The joys of pregnancy

I am 28 weeks pregnant with our first child. Its a baby boy. We have decided to name him Collin Ryan. With all the complications that I have been having I can still smile and say I love being pregnant.  

When I got pregnant, I was living at my parents house, with my boyfriend. Because of my parents money issues we were forced to leave when I was 3 months pregnant. Being on our own for the first time was very stressful. I have had morning sickness since day one. Vomiting up to 20-30 times a day. I was in and out of the hospital because I was dehydrated. At 4.5 months they finally put me on a medication for people that go through cemotherepy, called zofran. Its truly amazing. Although I am still sick, I am not vomiting. At 5 months I started to bleed off and on, and have major cramping. I had a cervical ultrasound to check the lengh of my cervix, although that was fine they couldn't figuar out what was causing my pain. About three weeks ago, my contractions started. I would have one or two a day. I was taken off of work and put on bed rest, but my body got used to it. After about a week, I would start having contractions everytime I got up. My biggest fear was having him too early and him not being able to survive. 

Now, at 28 weeks, and counting, I finally feel pregnant. I feel Collin hiccup and kick me all the time. He's a big boy. And I am happy. I still feel sick all the time, but thats something that I can ignore. Our apartment is already set up for his big arrival. We can't be happier. 

My question for you.. Since I have been completly miserable for the past ohhhh 6 months, should that be enough to make me not want to try for another baby? I know that not all pregnancys are the same, but what if the next one is worst?? thanks for listening. 

Leslie 

October 11, 2005, 1:05 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

i was just wondering if anyone knows how possible it is to still be pregnant even if you get your period a few days after you have sex?

October 12, 2005, 8:14 am CDT

DAd expecting twins

My wife and I recently found out that she is having twins. She is only 12 weeks along so we don't know much yet. I am super excited but nervous. This is our first pregnancy and i don't know what to expect. i was just wondering if my feelings are normal. I want her to be as comfortable as possible but I feel my feelings and thoughts are transferred to her . What can i do to help us be comfortable? 

Joe 

October 12, 2005, 6:23 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING JOE...

Quote From: twins2006

My wife and I recently found out that she is having twins. She is only 12 weeks along so we don't know much yet. I am super excited but nervous. This is our first pregnancy and i don't know what to expect. i was just wondering if my feelings are normal. I want her to be as comfortable as possible but I feel my feelings and thoughts are transferred to her . What can i do to help us be comfortable? 

Joe 

First off Congrulations on becoming pregnant with twins, Good on you and your Wife. 

It's lovely to see a hubby here that wants to know how he can make his wife's pregnancy a better one. Thats great I hope your wife knows just how much you love and care about her. 

I do have a 3 year old daughter and so my hubby and I know abit of what you and your wife are going through right now, mind you having twins is very different to just having one baby inside of you, I'm sure!! 

When I was pregnant my hubby Mark was wonderful through out the pregnancy. Mind you I had a High Risk Pregnancy due to me being Diabetic so that made life abit more interesting for us both.  

Being that this was our first pregnacy we didn't really know what to expect, so we just took things one day at a time. Thats all you both can do is to just go it a day at a time. Your wife is now over 3 months along and so she is now out of the most dangerous part of the pregnacy. So I hope that can be of some help to you both right now.  

Some things that will help you both is to get some good books to read on pregnacy and what you can look forward to in the coming months. I'm sure that there are books on expecting twins so make sure you get atleast one or two books so that you can both read up on what to expect.  

Find out from your Doctor if there are any other women who have had twins and see if it's possible to get in touch with them and talk about what their pregnancies were like. Sometimes it helps just to find out how other Mum's went with their twin pregnacies. 

And yes it's quite normal how you are feeling right now. This is a exciting but sometimes scary time right now and being first time Parents-to-be it can all become too much to cope with at times, believe me!! 

Also make sure you both talk to each other about your feelings. Always keep each other informed about what your feelings are.  

Please also know that you will make a great Dad and your wife will be a great Mum and from the moment those beautiful babies are born you'll both know what to do, it all just comes to you from inside your mind. 

My hubby had never had anything to do with a baby before our little girl came along and one day 3 weeks after she had been born he just came out with, "Before Stephanie, I had never changed a nappy or bathed a baby or fed a baby." Well you wouldn't have known it, he was a natural at it. 

So just take things one day at a time, you'll both be fine and so will those two little ones. 

TAKE CARE and Good Luck and keep in touch. LOVE KELLY. 

October 13, 2005, 7:52 am CDT

Thank you

Quote From: ceders2

First off Congrulations on becoming pregnant with twins, Good on you and your Wife. 

It's lovely to see a hubby here that wants to know how he can make his wife's pregnancy a better one. Thats great I hope your wife knows just how much you love and care about her. 

I do have a 3 year old daughter and so my hubby and I know abit of what you and your wife are going through right now, mind you having twins is very different to just having one baby inside of you, I'm sure!! 

When I was pregnant my hubby Mark was wonderful through out the pregnancy. Mind you I had a High Risk Pregnancy due to me being Diabetic so that made life abit more interesting for us both.  

Being that this was our first pregnacy we didn't really know what to expect, so we just took things one day at a time. Thats all you both can do is to just go it a day at a time. Your wife is now over 3 months along and so she is now out of the most dangerous part of the pregnacy. So I hope that can be of some help to you both right now.  

Some things that will help you both is to get some good books to read on pregnacy and what you can look forward to in the coming months. I'm sure that there are books on expecting twins so make sure you get atleast one or two books so that you can both read up on what to expect.  

Find out from your Doctor if there are any other women who have had twins and see if it's possible to get in touch with them and talk about what their pregnancies were like. Sometimes it helps just to find out how other Mum's went with their twin pregnacies. 

And yes it's quite normal how you are feeling right now. This is a exciting but sometimes scary time right now and being first time Parents-to-be it can all become too much to cope with at times, believe me!! 

Also make sure you both talk to each other about your feelings. Always keep each other informed about what your feelings are.  

Please also know that you will make a great Dad and your wife will be a great Mum and from the moment those beautiful babies are born you'll both know what to do, it all just comes to you from inside your mind. 

My hubby had never had anything to do with a baby before our little girl came along and one day 3 weeks after she had been born he just came out with, "Before Stephanie, I had never changed a nappy or bathed a baby or fed a baby." Well you wouldn't have known it, he was a natural at it. 

So just take things one day at a time, you'll both be fine and so will those two little ones. 

TAKE CARE and Good Luck and keep in touch. LOVE KELLY. 

Thank you for your help we have totally cleaned out our local library of pregnancy and twin books. I just needed my feelings to be validated. Thank you I was feeling very guilty about how I was feeling but now i know that those feelings are normal. No change without fear  

Joe 

October 13, 2005, 5:56 pm CDT

NO WORRIES THERE, JOE...

Quote From: twins2006

Thank you for your help we have totally cleaned out our local library of pregnancy and twin books. I just needed my feelings to be validated. Thank you I was feeling very guilty about how I was feeling but now i know that those feelings are normal. No change without fear  

Joe 

Was more than happy to be of some help to you and your dear wife. If at any time you or your wife would like to ask any questions feel free to ask as I just might be able to help again. I do come here just about every day, so I will make sure to look out for you and your wife. Till then please TAKE CARE and relax the both of you!! LOVE KELLY.

October 14, 2005, 2:00 pm CDT

YAY!

Quote From: babygurl

hey yea u where right my mom cant wait tell i have the baby now
THAT'S GREAT NEWS! CONGRATS!

October 14, 2005, 2:04 pm CDT

I'm a Mommy now

Well it's been a while! I was induced on September 28th due to slipping and falling and pulling all my groin muscles. It was a long 24 hr labor, which ended in a forcepts delivery and 3rd degree tearing. But all worth it when I saw our little boy's face.  

I spent a week in the hospital and Brody stayed 10 days due to respitory problems. He is home now and adapting well. The joys of Mommyhood are so great and I am loving everyday of it. It is such a nice change not being pregnant anymore, and now that I am mobile, it's nice not having a big belly in the way.  

Hope everyone else is doing well! I think of you all and pray for your health and happiness too!  

October 15, 2005, 1:01 am CDT

MANY CONGRAULATIONS...

Quote From: bcoceans

Well it's been a while! I was induced on September 28th due to slipping and falling and pulling all my groin muscles. It was a long 24 hr labor, which ended in a forcepts delivery and 3rd degree tearing. But all worth it when I saw our little boy's face.  

I spent a week in the hospital and Brody stayed 10 days due to respitory problems. He is home now and adapting well. The joys of Mommyhood are so great and I am loving everyday of it. It is such a nice change not being pregnant anymore, and now that I am mobile, it's nice not having a big belly in the way.  

Hope everyone else is doing well! I think of you all and pray for your health and happiness too!  

On your baby boy. God bless him now and forever. 

Yes it wouldn't have been much fun pulling your groin muscles and then going through a 24 hour long labor, my goodness and then on top of that a big big tear, OUCH BIG TIME!! I know how painful that can be, mind you I didn't tear but was cut big time by the OBGYN as she needed me to give birth to my baby very fast as I was in trouble big time with very high blood pressure!! 

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your great news, it's so lovely to know!! 

Please TAKE CARE, LOVE KELLY. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last