Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 28, 2005, 4:19 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: txrazed

My husband and I are expecting our first child in 9 days.  We are so excited but really scared.  We have no idea what to expect, and we are hoping the "natural instinct" that everyone talks about will kick in.  The anxiousness is killing me, though.  I just can't wait for our little one to be here, and I am so tired of being pregnant.  If I have to go one day past my due date I will go crazy!! 

Born to be wild -- live to outgrow it.

October 28, 2005, 4:23 pm CDT

help it along

Quote From: ckloehn

A year ago my husband and I lost a set of twins in our first pregnancy at six months.  Immediately following we decided to try for another baby.  Now I am 41 weeks pregnant and more than ready for my little bundle of joy.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for naturally getting my labor on the way.  If he doesn't come on his own by next wednesday they will induce, and I don't really want that.  So If anyone tried a way to naturally induce and it worked I would love to hear your story 

Hello. Congrats on your soon to be bundle of joy.  I am currently pregnant with our third baby.  She will arrive in Feb.  As far as how to help with natural induction... I am surprised you haven't heard... but having sex.  The chemical in semen is the same chemical in the petocin that they use to induce.  Don't worry though, the receptors on the cervix are only open when the body is ready to deliver, so having sex won't induce pre-labor. 

The other natural things that help are lots of walking, and believe it or not, driving on a bumpy road!  Hee Hee.  Silly I know. 

Good luck.  I hope you aren't chemically induced.  The reality is, after the pain and stress of your previous loss, you body may hold on long past 42 weeks!  I hope you were both able to grieve the loss of your twins.  I am so sorry you had to endure that kind of pain.  Chemical induction may be the only way to let your body relax enough to start labor.   But no matter the path to get there, the end point will be glorious!! 

October 28, 2005, 4:29 pm CDT

Prepare to go crazy

Quote From: txrazed

My husband and I are expecting our first child in 9 days.  We are so excited but really scared.  We have no idea what to expect, and we are hoping the "natural instinct" that everyone talks about will kick in.  The anxiousness is killing me, though.  I just can't wait for our little one to be here, and I am so tired of being pregnant.  If I have to go one day past my due date I will go crazy!! 

Don't pin so much onto your delivery date.  I always thought the "due" date should be 42 weeks anyway, since that is how long they will let you go.  My first daughter was induced at 41 weeks.  I remember thinking that I was more than ready for her to arrive at 36 weeks.  Also, depending on your stress level, and life circumstances, you might be holding onto your baby when you don't' want to.  Let her/him come when she/he is ready... not when you think she/he needs to be there.  Your baby know her/his birthday!  :)

October 28, 2005, 7:33 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: bcoceans

• I don't think that anyone can advise you on what to do in regards to your pregnancy.  This is such a personal matter and you can't let other people's opinions affect you. 

Our baby was a complete surprise as well. I have been on the pill since I was 14 for medical reasons (I am now 21 going on 22) and when I switch types, I usually skip periods. Well I switched right around time of conception and I also have a history of cysts in my uterus. That being said, you are not alone in the fact that you can go quite a while not knowing that you are pregnant. Mind you, I found out when I was 3 months pregnant, compared to you at 6. However I do have a friend who has a beautiful 4 year daughter and she had the same situation as you.

• I believe that you need to do what you believe is right and it may not be right to ANYONE else but you! Bringing a child into the world is a gift from God. You need to decide if this gift is what you want, need and can embrace right now. You also have to remember (as Dr.Phil says) our children don't pick us, they are stuck with us. So you need to make sure that this is not only right for you, but for your child as well.

There are many options out there. I believe in abortions if they are necessary, not as a means of birth control and adoption is very successful now a days too. I think you should sit down and think about each option and write down the pros and cons to each. I was very stuck as to what to do, as well. Although my husband was very supportive, it really boiled down to my decision. These were the questions I asked myself, so maybe they can help you!

I wish you luck and keep in touch!

I to Got pregnant at 16 years old there wasnt even a option of me keeping the baby or giving it up for adoption I was keeping it because I wanted to and noone was going to tell me I couldnt. My son is now 4 almost 5 and I also have a 6 month old girl. So whatever you choose to do is your doing not your parents because NOONE can tell you to give up YOUR baby!!! 

October 28, 2005, 7:47 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: missfrogge

We had our ultrasound done today, but baby was stubborn and wouldn't show us what he/she was.  We are going to go to a private company Saturday and try to find out... 

The reason I am upset is something that was said today by someone I really relied on and trusted.  As I told all of you a while back, I am 35 and have high-blood pressure, so I am considered high-risk.  I also have suffered from severe depression for many years....the depression is better and I am only having to take one safe medication, I also see my psychiatrist and HE is the problem.  I told him today that my obgyn asked if we wanted to do genetic testing and I told him no, we didn't and the obgyn agreed.  My psych said that it was because of religious beliefs, but I told him that I wouldn't abort a baby no matter what, my child is my child.  I asked him if he would have aborted his little girl and he said YES, absolutely, he went on to say that he felt that Downs children were missing a chromosome and that he felt that they weren't even human.  God, how could he say that.  I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am pregnant, high-risk, and mentally ill, and what if my baby was Downs?  That made me so angry and hurt so deep.   

Am I overreacting?  Or am I right to cut off further visits with this doctor?  He has been very good to a difficult patient(me) for 9 years, but all this is very hard to swallow, how could I bring my baby with me to visits if it wasn't perfect?  

I also had the choice to do some tests while I was pregnant, though I was not considered high risk.  And I chose not to have them done.  I felt that if my baby was born handicapped in any way, it wouldn't at all effect my decision to keep and love that child.
I grew up with a foster uncle and aunt, both had Downs Syndrome, and I have never met more loving individuals.  I couldn't imagine what it would have been like without them, if their birth parents had chose to abort.
I believe that God teaches us wonderful things through handicapped people:  how to love unselfishly, and just be happy.
Anyway, I am sorry for rambling.  I don't think your psych handled himself very professionally when he gave you his opinion on that subject.  I do believe you are right if you feel you should cut off further visits, and I don't believe  you are overreacting at all.  However, maybe talking to him and letting him know how you feel would be good as well.

October 30, 2005, 9:41 am CST

Scared

Hi I think I might be pregnet but everytime i go for a test its inconclusive.
I lost two kids already and im scared to loose this one too ... what am i supose to do?

October 30, 2005, 5:40 pm CST

i need help

i need to ask a question, what can cause someone to loose their unborn baby at 6 months? i know a friend of mine who lost their unborn baby and they do not know what has caused this. if anyone can help id be greatly appreciatted of it.

November 1, 2005, 6:41 am CST

it is possible

Quote From: leigh1487

i was just wondering if anyone knows how possible it is to still be pregnant even if you get your period a few days after you have sex?
well i just wanted to let you know that it is possible to be pregnant and still get your period  a few days later. i got pregnant june 8th, 2005 and my period came on schedule, june 15th. next month my period was due july 13 and i was at work that day and it never came. i waited alll day and night for it to show it's head but it never showed up. that night me and my boyfriend ( now my husband ) went to wal-mart and got a first response pregnancy test and it didnt waste any time producing a positive sign.. i got the test that had 2 in the box and i took the 2nd that morning cuz my friends say morning urine is best to use even though the box said any time day is a good time to take it , it didnt have to be morning urine. well it was positive as well. so it is a good possibility. i got pregnant a week before my period was due. i am now 21 weeks pregnant. finally beginnin my 6th month with this little girl i am carring. i wish you all the best and keep me posted as to whether you are or not..if you do not mind. good luck.

November 1, 2005, 12:46 pm CST

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: tx_mommy

i need to ask a question, what can cause someone to loose their unborn baby at 6 months? i know a friend of mine who lost their unborn baby and they do not know what has caused this. if anyone can help id be greatly appreciatted of it.

hi 

well one cause of it could be that the unborn child wasnt attached inside the uterus. this happend to alot of people i know . it is not easy but it still doesnt mean that it will happen every time she ll try to get pregnant.  

November 1, 2005, 6:10 pm CST

i thank you

Quote From: vampjaicy

hi 

well one cause of it could be that the unborn child wasnt attached inside the uterus. this happend to alot of people i know . it is not easy but it still doesnt mean that it will happen every time she ll try to get pregnant.  

i thank you very much for your help. it is good to know something instead of just just sittin here racking my brain to help my best friend. she has been thru alot and i pray for the best for her.  i thank you once again for answering my question.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last