Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 5, 2009, 6:11 pm CST

pregnant

I'm confused. I'm pregnant and I have a wonderful boyfriend that I'm not attracted to. I see his as my friend. I don't see him, at all, as my bf. I care for him, I care about him and I think he'll be a grate father but when I picture us together I get goos spots. All the same, I've desided to stay with him, continue this relationship but I have my boundries. Is it possible that it's just the pregnancy or have I no feelings for him anymore?

February 13, 2009, 9:34 pm CST

24 and on the 3rd.one.

I'm 24yrs. old and 14 weeks along with my 3rd child, my husband is thrilled, but i'm finding it a lil hard to be as excited. I have a 4 yr. girl and a 2yr. old boy. I feel guilty now with how they both seem to fight for my attention. And with the pregnancy hormones....I couldn't do a lot from the morning sickness and now it's fatigue and being emotional....my body feels like i'm carrying anchors on my arms and legs. I have no energy for anything. And I remeber this feeling, i did it not to long ago already. I fear the pain of birth or if i get the epidural, that hurts sooooo bad tooo. sometimes it feels as if the needle was left in my spine. I cant hardly keep up with the house work, kids and just getting a shower. i worry how i'm gonna handle doing it on 3 or 4 hours a sleep. And since my husband works swing shift and can be gone 16 hours at a time. I'm truly scared, and it's my 3rd, but i feel more unsure and worried about this one then the 2 before and I don'y know why.

February 19, 2009, 1:36 pm CST

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: hasteywhispers

I'm 24yrs. old and 14 weeks along with my 3rd child, my husband is thrilled, but i'm finding it a lil hard to be as excited. I have a 4 yr. girl and a 2yr. old boy. I feel guilty now with how they both seem to fight for my attention. And with the pregnancy hormones....I couldn't do a lot from the morning sickness and now it's fatigue and being emotional....my body feels like i'm carrying anchors on my arms and legs. I have no energy for anything. And I remeber this feeling, i did it not to long ago already. I fear the pain of birth or if i get the epidural, that hurts sooooo bad tooo. sometimes it feels as if the needle was left in my spine. I cant hardly keep up with the house work, kids and just getting a shower. i worry how i'm gonna handle doing it on 3 or 4 hours a sleep. And since my husband works swing shift and can be gone 16 hours at a time. I'm truly scared, and it's my 3rd, but i feel more unsure and worried about this one then the 2 before and I don'y know why.
I'm 32 yrs old and 25 weeks along with my 3rd child. I am not married. I am not all the way sure who the father is of my baby. But I am dealing with this. I have 2 boys at home. They are 12 & 10 years old. I love them both very much. I am very scared to have another child. But part of me is looking forward to having this little baby. I want to make sure my baby has a family like my boys did when they were little.  

April 20, 2009, 3:16 pm CDT

i am 21 and 35 weeks pregnant !!!

this pregnatcy has been pretty good as far as i think besides the fact that i am constently sick and sore all the time... i am doing pretty good that way, the thing i am concerned about is my fiancee he is telling another woman that he loves her and cliams that it is a joke and appoligizes for it... and i told him that i was over it, but i can't get over it and for some reason i don't think that it is a joke it all stopped but i dunno if i can trust him right now and i only have 5 weeks to go to have this baby and it is the pride and joy of my life but i can't take care of a baby and babysit my fiancee... i just don't know what to do at this point... i would like to know if anyone has anything that i can do to let this go

April 20, 2009, 7:56 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: bankheadbaby

Your boyfriend being 27 is A LOT older than many couples. Did you know 1 in 3 girls get pregnant before the age of 21? You can make it work. From what I understand, the biggest adjustment will just be the lifestyle change. You will go out to eat and party less, because you will not have time, and there's the diaper money! You can breast feed, so you will not have to buy formula. Yeah you may have to go for the cheaper stuff, but people have had babies for THOUSANDS of years in huts with dirt floors.
Your mom may just be freaking out that SHE will be the one to care for it. She is still in shock, but be patient. I have had friends and family who have gotten pregnant, and sometimes the parents freak out. But they ALWAYS come around and see the grandchild as the greatest blessing ever.

As far as insurance, I can't help there. I would contact a pregnancy resource center or public health center in your community or state. The state I live in provides insurance for low-income mothers and children. While I was in college, I actually PREFERRED the public clinic for pap smears and birth control. I'd get a whole year supply for free, and the nurses were SO much nicer than a doctors office. I would HIGHLY suggest you find someone to talk to in a setting like that. They will be less emotionally involved than your mom and they see your situation EVERY DAY.

You could also consider adoption, if you don't want to abort. In those cases, the adoptive parents will gladly pay the doctor bills. It sounds like you would never get over an abortion. I'd go ahead and rule that out if I were you.
you can make it work :) me and my husband were together for a month when we moved in together, and we got married when we were only together for 9 months. he is 28 and i will be 20 in a couple weeks, age is just a number hunnie. my husband is as goofy and silly as a ten year old sometimes haha. but things will work out for the best

April 23, 2009, 11:49 pm CDT

Is this normal behavior....

I am pregnant with my first (and probably only child) at age 26. There are alot of circumstances surrounding the fact that I am single which I am going to choose to avoid talking about right now.

I am wondering if someone out there can give me some feed back on these issues.

1) I live with a female friend who is older than me and she happens to be the paternal grandmother. Why is it that no matter how often I speak up or out, people keep asking  _her_ what is happening with _my_ child (who is due in a couple of weeks). I am seriously angered and somewhat put out that people are not taking me seriously as a mother figure. This even extends to health care professionals who talk to her and completely ignore the fact that i am the pregnant one and that i am right there in the room. I ask questions about my childs health and about the pregnancy and I get ignored. Friends and family are constantly talking to my roomie and never taking the time to listen to what I have to say.

2) This hard to write because I have a great respect for my friend and I have addressed this issue with her personally already several times but she wont listen....I have not given her any false hopes that she will in anyway be a coparent for my child and yet she puts out there that she is the primary and has done alot of stuff which she has not done.

I guess i would like to know if anyone can suggest a tasteful way I haven't tried to get it through to people that I am not sharing my parenthood with her and how to stop her from giving this impression to people. Yes this behavior of both the people surrounding my situation as well as the behavior of my friend is beginning to affect the way people treat me in other areas of life. How do I deal with this? How do I get people to understand that I am the parent and that I have provided for myself and the child and met my other responsabilities without hurting my friend? For that matter why is she acting like this is her chance at raising a family again?

April 23, 2009, 11:57 pm CDT

don't worry

Quote From: lilbit32

I'm 32 yrs old and 25 weeks along with my 3rd child. I am not married. I am not all the way sure who the father is of my baby. But I am dealing with this. I have 2 boys at home. They are 12 & 10 years old. I love them both very much. I am very scared to have another child. But part of me is looking forward to having this little baby. I want to make sure my baby has a family like my boys did when they were little.  
it may be that you are worried about the extra workload of the new baby. maybe you are unsure if you wanted 3 children. i can understand your worries and fears. it doesn't make you a bad mom or anything. your other children will calm down a bit if you involve them alittle with the pregnancy or talk to them about having a new sibbling. children usually do fight for one parents affections or the other parentas affections. all you can do is try to talk to them about it or let the sibbbling rivalry take its course. try not to feel guilty. if you have sibblings you too had a few fights that probably left your parents wondering.

June 18, 2009, 2:53 pm CDT

I'M PREGNANT WITH TWINS

I'm 19 years old and 2 months pregnant with twins. This is my first pregnancy. My partner and I are extremely happy. He already has a 4 year old that will be five in January around the time the twins will be born.

My problem is that we are having to keep the pregnancy quiet because of his wife. They are legaly seperated but not divorced. I don't see where I should have to keep anything quiet. I am so thrilled but I cry alot because I can't tell all my friends and family because of the situation. I don't see it fair.

And on the other hand there is a huge possibility that she too is pregnant with her boyfriends child. So I don't understand why I am going to have to be the one that goes throughout my pregnancy being so secretive.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do in this situation? Please tell. I need some help.

June 21, 2009, 11:05 pm CDT

Re:Advice..hope this helps

Quote From: tnt22009

I'm 19 years old and 2 months pregnant with twins. This is my first pregnancy. My partner and I are extremely happy. He already has a 4 year old that will be five in January around the time the twins will be born.

My problem is that we are having to keep the pregnancy quiet because of his wife. They are legaly seperated but not divorced. I don't see where I should have to keep anything quiet. I am so thrilled but I cry alot because I can't tell all my friends and family because of the situation. I don't see it fair.

And on the other hand there is a huge possibility that she too is pregnant with her boyfriends child. So I don't understand why I am going to have to be the one that goes throughout my pregnancy being so secretive.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do in this situation? Please tell. I need some help.

Hi There...Wow so your having Twins, wot a Blessing! Especially because its your first Pregnancy too

CONGRADULATIONS! You must be Static. You should be HAPPY! Fo real. Well as for your situation goes with your partners ex wife, I SAY.... that he needs to deal with that and tie up any loose strings.Its really his call to tell the ex that you are pregnant and both are expecting, not like its any of her business anyway.And you shouldnt have to worry about that, thats his problem! NOT YOURS!  If anything I agree with you, I dont see why you should keep it a secret.Unless theres something floating in the backround? I duno, im not an expert but how ever I sense something is not right in that picture.You shouldnt have to hide anything.Seriously.Its really un-wanted stress that you dont need right now..ok now..yes its normal to get emotional, but NOT FOR THE WRONG REASONS..I know your partner must be very supportive, but because of the "situation with the wifey thingi"You need the support of your Family & Friends.I SAY...Just tell them.Maybe they can shed some light on the situation and Im sure they wudnt care two Hoots about your partners ex..I think there main concern will be YOU.dame as Im reading yours and my messages its starting to disturb me.lolz...Anywayz this is suppose to be a special Highlight in both your lifes. You deserve to be happy.Think About  YOU and YOUR TWINS, because thats all that Matters, Anything eles outside your circle.DOES NOT MATTER...ok I hope that wil help.Let Your partner deal with thaatt SITUATION! Be happy...PEACE

August 17, 2009, 11:21 pm CDT

I'm pregnant

So I'm 19 and i found out i was pregnant about a month ago. My baby's daddy n me are having so many issues. I am haing so many issues because I was pregnant last year from another male. I had an abortion because the babys daddy was in the military n I didnt think i could do it. I regret that decision. Now that I am pregnant again I think about our previous babby n the daddy. This is only my second partner n im already pregnant. I was with my first partner for 5 years. Is thinking about my ex normal?

♥Amber♥

First | Prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next Page | Last Page