Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 11, 2005, 2:10 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: bcoceans

Sorry I haven't written back sooner, I was on vacation for almost a week. As to your question, yes my girlfriend told all of us when she found out she was pregnant. We were a good support team for her and I hope that that's what your friends can be too. I told my friends right away as well and they reacted wonderfully. Your sister is right, if they react to you in an unexpected manner, then they most likely aren't true friends to begin with. Have you told your Mom? I think I may start there first! I don't know if you have made a decision yet or not, but I would suggest waiting until you've made a decision and then tell your friends. Good luck and keep in touch!
Yes i have told my mom she was one of the first people i told. But she really hopes i do not keep it due to she does not think i am ready. But in a way i have made my decision because i truly think it will be best for me and my baby if i keep it. But i just dont know how to tell my parents scince every one in my family are not to sure if i should keep it because they dont think i will finish school and they say thats the only reason they dont want me to keep it. I personaly belive i will finish school no matter what because education is really important to me. Do you think there is an easy way to tell my parents what my decision is??? I really want you to know that i enjoy talking to you about the stuff i am going throght. Thanks

August 15, 2005, 1:19 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Hey Everyone!  

How are all of you surviving the summer?? Is it really hot where you are?? I sometimes feel like a huge balloon! Any exciting news???  

53 Days to go for me and I can't wait!!!! :) 

Hope all of you are doing well! You are in my prayers! 

August 15, 2005, 7:54 pm CDT

pregnant over 35

Quote From: tandric

I am 42 and am 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby.  My first is already 19 years old!!!  and my 2nd has just turned one.  It's been a long time between drinks for me.  My partner and I planned these babies, but unfortunately the stress got too much for him and we have separated.  We have recently discovered that he may have Aspergers Syndrome, and stress is his weakness.  When he gets stressed in any way, how whole personality changes and he gets nasty.  So here I am at 42 with almost 2 little ones to bring up alone!  Not quite the way I had planned, but I still consider myself very blessed in other ways.

Cheers

I know just how you feel!  

I had not planned to have baby #4 either and it was a total shock to me too. I only found out I was pregnant after my dh and I had decided we were over, so I am on my own with this baby too. I already have 3 sons (between 7 and 11) so I have my hands full as well, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I see this baby as a blessing and hopefully it will be the darling daughter I have always wanted but don't really mind as long as it's healthy. I am 18 weeks now and hopefully will find out what sex bubs is next week when I have the next scan. 

I hope you are feeling OK with everything now and are taking it as easy as you can (yeah I know easy to say but hard to do).  

Take care, 

August 18, 2005, 9:14 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: babygurl

Yes i have told my mom she was one of the first people i told. But she really hopes i do not keep it due to she does not think i am ready. But in a way i have made my decision because i truly think it will be best for me and my baby if i keep it. But i just dont know how to tell my parents scince every one in my family are not to sure if i should keep it because they dont think i will finish school and they say thats the only reason they dont want me to keep it. I personaly belive i will finish school no matter what because education is really important to me. Do you think there is an easy way to tell my parents what my decision is??? I really want you to know that i enjoy talking to you about the stuff i am going throght. Thanks

I think that if you have decided to keep it, you're right you do need to have a serious talk with your parents! You need to make sure that you have complete support because it's not going to be easy! Can you finish school through correspondence? How many years do you have left? Maybe by researching that, and promising that you will complete high school, they may react in a much more positive manner! They are only looking out for what's best for you! If this is your decision, make sure you have all your plans for your future mapped out to show them. Look into teen mom support groups even! I don't think telling your parents will be easy in any way, it will be hard. There is no easy solution to this equation. However, there is an way to make it easier on them, reassure them with your plan!  

I enjoy talking to you too! I am happy to hear back from you, as I have been thinking about you! You are in my thoughts & prayers! Take care & Keep in touch! 

August 18, 2005, 9:23 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

I think that if you have decided to keep it, you're right you do need to have a serious talk with your parents! You need to make sure that you have complete support because it's not going to be easy! Can you finish school through correspondence? How many years do you have left? Maybe by researching that, and promising that you will complete high school, they may react in a much more positive manner! They are only looking out for what's best for you! If this is your decision, make sure you have all your plans for your future mapped out to show them. Look into teen mom support groups even! I don't think telling your parents will be easy in any way, it will be hard. There is no easy solution to this equation. However, there is an way to make it easier on them, reassure them with your plan!  

I enjoy talking to you too! I am happy to hear back from you, as I have been thinking about you! You are in my thoughts & prayers! Take care & Keep in touch! 

I have looked into finishing my schooling in correspondence and yes i can do it that way and thats how i plan on doing my schooling. I only have 2 more years left of school.

August 24, 2005, 7:51 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

I have looked into finishing my schooling in correspondence and yes i can do it that way and thats how i plan on doing my schooling. I only have 2 more years left of school.

That's great news!! One thing you absolutely need in life is a high school diploma! You can't get anywhere in life without one. So I'm happy to hear you have that option and plan to use it. How is the idea coming along with your parents?  

My prayers are with you!! :) 

Keep in touch! 

August 25, 2005, 9:30 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

That's great news!! One thing you absolutely need in life is a high school diploma! You can't get anywhere in life without one. So I'm happy to hear you have that option and plan to use it. How is the idea coming along with your parents?  

My prayers are with you!! :) 

Keep in touch! 

Well its not going over to well with my mom she wants me to go with her to an adoption place to see what they have to offer the baby. I have all ready looked into adoption places and i dont really like what the have to offer. But i still told my mom i would go with her just to make her happy. My dad is not the type of person to share what he thinks but he is still really really understanding to what i have picked and says he is happy with what i picked. so i think my dad is taking it way better then my mom is and i thought my dad would be mad and my mom would happy but i gusse i was wrong. I just hope my mom will change her mind and be happy with what i picked to do. Because i really need both my parents to be there for me. Do you think she will get over it or do you think she will hold a gruge on what i have picked to do? 

August 29, 2005, 6:23 am CDT

congratulations...

Quote From: jessica_ga

Hey everyone I am 21 and I am having a boy Ethan he is due Oct 21st and this is my first so if anyone has some advice let me know thanks

my only advice would be to enjoy being pregnant!  As much as you wish to meet your new little one, don't wish away the days.  Babies are wonderful but hard work and they are much easier in the tummy than out.  

besides that, there is no advice to give.  Only you will know what is best for you and the baby.  I would say, always listen to the advice people give you after ethan comes along, but then, make up your own mind about what you will do.  

as hard as it is, everyone woman has the ability to be a great mother.  It does require sacrifice and some hard decisions every now and then and a mother can get to doubt herself and her abilities.  Hang in there, take long baths and don't feel guilty about leaving the baby with loved ones.  A mother needs a break every now and then, if she trulywants to be the best mother possible.  

don't wory about the delivery :)  it's going to happen, whether you're nervous or not.  Try and be informed about all that will happen so that nothing is a surprise and then remember that it's only a moment in time and soon will only be a memory.  

good luck!  

August 30, 2005, 5:00 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Well its not going over to well with my mom she wants me to go with her to an adoption place to see what they have to offer the baby. I have all ready looked into adoption places and i dont really like what the have to offer. But i still told my mom i would go with her just to make her happy. My dad is not the type of person to share what he thinks but he is still really really understanding to what i have picked and says he is happy with what i picked. so i think my dad is taking it way better then my mom is and i thought my dad would be mad and my mom would happy but i gusse i was wrong. I just hope my mom will change her mind and be happy with what i picked to do. Because i really need both my parents to be there for me. Do you think she will get over it or do you think she will hold a gruge on what i have picked to do? 

I think that your Mom probably wants to show you all your options! I think once you have went with her, she might settle down a bit. Just remember it's a lot for your parents to take in as well. I suggest just being patient! Good luck and Keep in touch!!

September 1, 2005, 12:29 pm CDT

Lucas Gabriel is here!!

Lucas Gabriel made his arrival August 28,2005. Even though I wasn't due until 9/12/2005 the Dr. thought doing the C-section early was best due to some BP issues. Lucas' weight at birth was 8lbs 12oz and was 20 in long. Alll the kids are happy and going great, though their ready for Mommy and Lucas to come home. Ryleigh started kindergarten a couple weeks ago , Abigail started Pre-K, and Aidan is in early childhood 1/2 a day everyday. Peyton is 11 months old now and started to walk last week! Abigail(my step daughter) is living w/us full time now and we are planning on me adopting her soon. My 16 yr old sister in law is stay with Jess and I and has decided to keep her baby that is due in november! Just wanted to update, hope everyone is doing good.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last