Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 20, 2005, 5:52 pm CDT

HI FIRST TIMER...

Quote From: ilmatt05

Hello everyone I'm pregnant and I'm 17 weeks i find out next week what I'm having i cant wait. My Husband and i really want a boy. He has two kids already they are both girls, yet the youngest one passed away a year ago in June. Thats sad for us but also right now I'm doing this all on my own because hes in the army right now hes in Korea and i wait for him to come home. Don't get me wrong if the doctor says its a girl next week i will still be happy as long as my baby's healthy

Good to see you here and welcome. And of course many Congrualations on the little one!! 

I what it's like to be pregnant as I have a 3 year old daughter and she is just the best child for my hubby and me. 

I know what you mean about wanting a boy, but will be happy if you have a girl. I was abit like that, even though I deeply did want a girl, I would have been happy if I'd had a boy. 

I am also an Army wife so I know how hard it is when our loved one's aren't there with us. Will your hubby be able to come home for when your little one comes into this world? I really hope so for both your sakes.  

If there are any questions you'd like to ask me or anyone else here for that matter please feel free to. I know that I'd be more than happy to help you if I can. Also if you would just like someone to talk to that knows what it's like being an Army wife then please email me at: vk2itp@yahoo.com.au  

Please TAKE CARE and hope to hear from you soon. LOVE KELLY. 

September 22, 2005, 9:04 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: ceders2

about me writing to you, I was more than happy to.  

I guess you're both very happy now to know what sex your baby is, that's great and Brody is a lovely name to give to a lovely little boy. 

Well I hope all is well with you and your little one, please TAKE CARE and please stay in touch if you would like to that is. My email is: vk2itp@yahoo.com.au 

If there is any questions you have that I might be able to help you with please let me know. Remember to take things easy from now on and please don't go worrying about the housework not getting done now or after the baby is born. You and your little one are much more important than the housework!! 

Well till next time please TAKE CARE, LOVE KELLY. 

Yes, my husband and I are quite excited to know the sex of the baby! We are very excited that we are having a boy, as we were hoping to have a boy first! Glad to hear you like the name, so far I haven't came across anyone who dislikes it.  

Thank you for the offer to answer any questions. How many children do you have? Thank you for reminding me that housework isn't that important! I must learn to not feel guilty when something needs to be done, and I'm too tired. It's all quite the learning experience!  

Well take care!  

September 22, 2005, 9:08 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: bcoceans

Yes, my husband and I are quite excited to know the sex of the baby! We are very excited that we are having a boy, as we were hoping to have a boy first! Glad to hear you like the name, so far I haven't came across anyone who dislikes it.  

Thank you for the offer to answer any questions. How many children do you have? Thank you for reminding me that housework isn't that important! I must learn to not feel guilty when something needs to be done, and I'm too tired. It's all quite the learning experience!  

Well take care!  

SORRY I re-read your msg and remembered you have a 3 year old daughter! My memory is seriously lacking in this pregnancy!

September 22, 2005, 12:18 pm CDT

Congrats on Brody!!!

Well take care!  

Crongrats on your little boy!!!! 

I know you and your husband must be thrilled!!!!  My husband, too, wants a boy to carry on his name.  I personally would like a girl, but my reasons are a little different...my little sister was killed in an auto accident two years ago(she was 18), I want a girl to name after her.  Yet if it's a boy I will be happy too, I also lost my father to cancer in Feb. and my son will have my father's middle name.  So either way...we find out in two weeks and everyone is dying to know. 

Brody is a beautiful name.  Keep us updated!!  And I will let yall know in two weeks! 

September 26, 2005, 2:03 pm CDT

Thank you!

Quote From: missfrogge

Crongrats on your little boy!!!! 

I know you and your husband must be thrilled!!!!  My husband, too, wants a boy to carry on his name.  I personally would like a girl, but my reasons are a little different...my little sister was killed in an auto accident two years ago(she was 18), I want a girl to name after her.  Yet if it's a boy I will be happy too, I also lost my father to cancer in Feb. and my son will have my father's middle name.  So either way...we find out in two weeks and everyone is dying to know. 

Brody is a beautiful name.  Keep us updated!!  And I will let yall know in two weeks! 

Thank you for the congrats! 

Yes, we are thrilled over expecting a boy! I am sorry to hear about the losses in your family! Just remember that either way, it's like they are being reborn. Revel in that feeling and I pray that you find comfort in it.  

I can't wait to hear your news!! Please keep in touch! :) 

11 Days To Go For Us!!!  

September 29, 2005, 1:41 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

I think that your Mom probably wants to show you all your options! I think once you have went with her, she might settle down a bit. Just remember it's a lot for your parents to take in as well. I suggest just being patient! Good luck and Keep in touch!!
hey yea u where right my mom cant wait tell i have the baby now

October 5, 2005, 3:04 pm CDT

Confused

We had our ultrasound done today, but baby was stubborn and wouldn't show us what he/she was.  We are going to go to a private company Saturday and try to find out... 

The reason I am upset is something that was said today by someone I really relied on and trusted.  As I told all of you a while back, I am 35 and have high-blood pressure, so I am considered high-risk.  I also have suffered from severe depression for many years....the depression is better and I am only having to take one safe medication, I also see my psychiatrist and HE is the problem.  I told him today that my obgyn asked if we wanted to do genetic testing and I told him no, we didn't and the obgyn agreed.  My psych said that it was because of religious beliefs, but I told him that I wouldn't abort a baby no matter what, my child is my child.  I asked him if he would have aborted his little girl and he said YES, absolutely, he went on to say that he felt that Downs children were missing a chromosome and that he felt that they weren't even human.  God, how could he say that.  I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am pregnant, high-risk, and mentally ill, and what if my baby was Downs?  That made me so angry and hurt so deep.   

Am I overreacting?  Or am I right to cut off further visits with this doctor?  He has been very good to a difficult patient(me) for 9 years, but all this is very hard to swallow, how could I bring my baby with me to visits if it wasn't perfect?  

October 5, 2005, 9:46 pm CDT

1st Pregnancy over 35

Quote From: ckennerly1

Hi!  I'm pregnant too with my 2nd boy and I'm 35.  So far everything is going well but I'm still nervous about labor & delivery.  I'm about 24 weeks along and am due on November 13.

I found out early on I was expecting so this has been a long road to haul by myself.   Boyfriend is not emotionally involved or physically for most part but I am not going to deal with that until after my little girl gets here.  She is my priority right now and that's all.  I write because I'm due Nov. 14th but feel like she'll be here around Halloween time.   

Time is getting closer now and didn't realise Dr. Phil had this neat message board!  Trying not to be overly concerned about the labour and delivery part so much right now and concentrate on being a good mum and getting her room already.  Thank God for understanding parents I am not sure what I would have done without them.  Well, I can but it wouldn't have turned out near as well that I am sure of! 

Hope you are doing well! 

Ceta 

October 6, 2005, 9:47 am CDT

Getting induced

I am a mother of three children 15, 12, and 3. One on the way, it has been a long pregnancy for me. I found out early on in pregnancy. My due date is Oct. 31, 2005 but the process' of labor began Sept. 14, 2005 for me. Early. My son who is 12 was a preemie he was born @ 33 weeks. They gave him a shot of steriods for the lung maturity and ended up being born @ 4lbs 9 ozs. He stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. My 3 year old daughter was born 4 days after my original due date, weighting in @ 7lbs 9.5ozs. Now that was frustrating, because I tried a few things to get my labor going. This pregnancy I started again @ 33.4  weeks I have held of with this delivery for almost 3 weeks now, and it is getting really frustrating. I am tired everyday because my uterus is contracting throughout the day. It's not continuously, but I do get them throughout the day, and it makes for long days. I had an ultra-sound this last week and they estimated that my baby is approxiamatley 8lbs 12 ozs which for my children is large already. When did the ultra-sound they told me that my baby could be one pound above or below their estimate. So I really couldn't imagine having this baby at full term. And what if this baby is 9lbs 12ozs.. wow.. that would be a surprise. With this baby they gave her two shots of steriods when i was on bedrest. I did get an Amniocentesis to do the lung maturity test done. They determined that the baby will be able to breath fine on her own. Which makes me happy, because if I have this baby they may only monitor her for a few days and let me take her home. When my son was born he had a lil bit of trouble with his digestive system. But this baby has had a few more weeks in the oven. I beleive that my dates were messed up too, because I had two cycles in January, which was odd for me....What also makes me believe that my baby is almost full term is the weight. I just wanted to share my story. thank you for taking the time to read it...

October 6, 2005, 9:49 am CDT

forgot to mention

Quote From: chumusgirl

I am a mother of three children 15, 12, and 3. One on the way, it has been a long pregnancy for me. I found out early on in pregnancy. My due date is Oct. 31, 2005 but the process' of labor began Sept. 14, 2005 for me. Early. My son who is 12 was a preemie he was born @ 33 weeks. They gave him a shot of steriods for the lung maturity and ended up being born @ 4lbs 9 ozs. He stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. My 3 year old daughter was born 4 days after my original due date, weighting in @ 7lbs 9.5ozs. Now that was frustrating, because I tried a few things to get my labor going. This pregnancy I started again @ 33.4  weeks I have held of with this delivery for almost 3 weeks now, and it is getting really frustrating. I am tired everyday because my uterus is contracting throughout the day. It's not continuously, but I do get them throughout the day, and it makes for long days. I had an ultra-sound this last week and they estimated that my baby is approxiamatley 8lbs 12 ozs which for my children is large already. When did the ultra-sound they told me that my baby could be one pound above or below their estimate. So I really couldn't imagine having this baby at full term. And what if this baby is 9lbs 12ozs.. wow.. that would be a surprise. With this baby they gave her two shots of steriods when i was on bedrest. I did get an Amniocentesis to do the lung maturity test done. They determined that the baby will be able to breath fine on her own. Which makes me happy, because if I have this baby they may only monitor her for a few days and let me take her home. When my son was born he had a lil bit of trouble with his digestive system. But this baby has had a few more weeks in the oven. I beleive that my dates were messed up too, because I had two cycles in January, which was odd for me....What also makes me believe that my baby is almost full term is the weight. I just wanted to share my story. thank you for taking the time to read it...
I am now on the waitlist to get induced in the next few days. Which I am impatiently waiting for. And the 15 year old is my step-daughter that's why I have no pregnancy story for that one. :) take care.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last