Message Boards

Topic : I'm Pregnant!

Number of Replies: 560
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:54:48 pm
Author : dataimport
Expecting? Share your pregnancy joys, concerns, questions and stories with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 5:58 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: tandric

I am 42 and am 20 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. My first is already 19 years old!!! and my 2nd has just turned one. It's been a long time between drinks for me. My partner and I planned these babies, but unfortunately the stress got too much for him and we have separated. We have recently discovered that he may have Aspergers Syndrome, and stress is his weakness. When he gets stressed in any way, how whole personality changes and he gets nasty. So here I am at 42 with almost 2 little ones to bring up alone! Not quite the way I had planned, but I still consider myself very blessed in other ways.

Cheers

I bet most people think I'm crazy but I'm 43 and I have a daughter,20,w/baby, 10mos, a son,18, a daughter,15, and 3 yrold twin girls. With just the last three home and the twins heading for preschool this year(they'll be 4 in the fall) I already feel like an empty nest and I want another baby! Am I totally crazy or what? My first three were born before I was married to my husband and we had the twins together. He wants a boy now and I just plain love babies and being pregnant. Am I being unfair to the ones we have now to spread myself so thin? I just wondered what you might think as an older mom. I think I'm a way better mom now than when I had my first three.

July 27, 2005, 4:00 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: bcoceans

Congrats on being pregnant!! I must confess that although my pregnancy hasn't been the easiest either, I am enjoying the experience.  When are you due?

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!  I just wanted to give you a word of advise not to get stressed out if you can help it.  I know that is easier said than done but try not to worry so much.  Just enjoy the time you have with your little one growing inside you.  I'm not currently pregnant due to a second trimester loss of my daughter Kaylee, but after having this tragedy happen to us it makes me realize that stressing out doesn't help you or your little one.  I wish you all the best! 

July 28, 2005, 12:57 pm CDT

Baby Ethan

Hey everyone I am 21 and I am having a boy Ethan he is due Oct 21st and this is my first so if anyone has some advice let me know thanks

July 29, 2005, 1:34 pm CDT

Pregnant

I am 16 and i have just found out 3 weeks ago that i am 6 months pregnant. for me it was a big surprise because i was working out tell about 4 weeks ago and  then about 2 weeks ago i just  started to show. You may be thinking well u could have noticed when u were not getting ur period but i was taking a birth control that made u not have it its called deprole.. well anyways i have to make up my mind if i want to keep it or give it up and right now i am stuck in between. both options. my parents say they will help me with what every i want but i was just wondering what u guys think??

July 29, 2005, 5:05 pm CDT

Things to think about...

Quote From: babygurl

I am 16 and i have just found out 3 weeks ago that i am 6 months pregnant. for me it was a big surprise because i was working out tell about 4 weeks ago and  then about 2 weeks ago i just  started to show. You may be thinking well u could have noticed when u were not getting ur period but i was taking a birth control that made u not have it its called deprole.. well anyways i have to make up my mind if i want to keep it or give it up and right now i am stuck in between. both options. my parents say they will help me with what every i want but i was just wondering what u guys think??
  • I don't think that anyone can advise you on what to do in regards to your pregnancy.  This is such a personal matter and you can't let other people's opinions affect you. 

Our baby was a complete surprise as well. I have been on the pill since I was 14 for medical reasons (I am now 21 going on 22) and when I switch types, I usually skip periods. Well I switched right around time of conception and I also have a history of cysts in my uterus. That being said, you are not alone in the fact that you can go quite a while not knowing that you are pregnant. Mind you, I found out when I was 3 months pregnant, compared to you at 6. However I do have a friend who has a beautiful 4 year daughter and she had the same situation as you.

• I believe that you need to do what you believe is right and it may not be right to ANYONE else but you! Bringing a child into the world is a gift from God. You need to decide if this gift is what you want, need and can embrace right now. You also have to remember (as Dr.Phil says) our children don't pick us, they are stuck with us. So you need to make sure that this is not only right for you, but for your child as well.

There are many options out there. I believe in abortions if they are necessary, not as a means of birth control and adoption is very successful now a days too. I think you should sit down and think about each option and write down the pros and cons to each. I was very stuck as to what to do, as well. Although my husband was very supportive, it really boiled down to my decision. These were the questions I asked myself, so maybe they can help you!

I wish you luck and keep in touch!

July 29, 2005, 5:08 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Quote From: jnmiller65

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!  I just wanted to give you a word of advise not to get stressed out if you can help it.  I know that is easier said than done but try not to worry so much.  Just enjoy the time you have with your little one growing inside you.  I'm not currently pregnant due to a second trimester loss of my daughter Kaylee, but after having this tragedy happen to us it makes me realize that stressing out doesn't help you or your little one.  I wish you all the best! 

Thank you for the advice! It is so easy to get stressed out and I am definately trying to  relax more. I am sorry to hear about your loss and I am grateful for you sharing your story with me, to help me learn something! I wish you all the best as well!

July 31, 2005, 11:06 am CDT

Thanks

• I don't think that anyone can advise you on what to do in regards to your pregnancy.  This is such a personal matter and you can't let other people's opinions affect you. 

Our baby was a complete surprise as well. I have been on the pill since I was 14 for medical reasons (I am now 21 going on 22) and when I switch types, I usually skip periods. Well I switched right around time of conception and I also have a history of cysts in my uterus. That being said, you are not alone in the fact that you can go quite a while not knowing that you are pregnant. Mind you, I found out when I was 3 months pregnant, compared to you at 6. However I do have a friend who has a beautiful 4 year daughter and she had the same situation as you.

• I believe that you need to do what you believe is right and it may not be right to ANYONE else but you! Bringing a child into the world is a gift from God. You need to decide if this gift is what you want, need and can embrace right now. You also have to remember (as Dr.Phil says) our children don't pick us, they are stuck with us. So you need to make sure that this is not only right for you, but for your child as well.

There are many options out there. I believe in abortions if they are necessary, not as a means of birth control and adoption is very successful now a days too. I think you should sit down and think about each option and write down the pros and cons to each. I was very stuck as to what to do, as well. Although my husband was very supportive, it really boiled down to my decision. These were the questions I asked myself, so maybe they can help you!

I wish you luck and keep in touch!

Thanks i will keep every thing you said to me in mind when i am trying to make up my mind about what is right for me and this baby.

July 31, 2005, 12:15 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Thanks i will keep every thing you said to me in mind when i am trying to make up my mind about what is right for me and this baby.
I wish you all the best!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

July 31, 2005, 11:42 pm CDT

I'm Pregnant!

I wish you all the best!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Thanks that means a lot to me. I was just wondering in your first message to me you said your friend went through something just like i am. May i ask did she tell her friend right away or did she wait to tell them because i have not told anyone besides my family i am scared that i will lose my friends also that they will say mean things about me and stuff. I know i should not care what they say but i cant help myself. My sister says that if they are my true friends then they wont really care. So i was just wondering if you.. or your friend told all your other friends about being pregnant right away and if so did any of them say they did not want to have anything to do with you? Also if they did how did you handel it??

August 8, 2005, 8:24 am CDT

I'm Pregnant!

Thanks that means a lot to me. I was just wondering in your first message to me you said your friend went through something just like i am. May i ask did she tell her friend right away or did she wait to tell them because i have not told anyone besides my family i am scared that i will lose my friends also that they will say mean things about me and stuff. I know i should not care what they say but i cant help myself. My sister says that if they are my true friends then they wont really care. So i was just wondering if you.. or your friend told all your other friends about being pregnant right away and if so did any of them say they did not want to have anything to do with you? Also if they did how did you handel it??
Sorry I haven't written back sooner, I was on vacation for almost a week. As to your question, yes my girlfriend told all of us when she found out she was pregnant. We were a good support team for her and I hope that that's what your friends can be too. I told my friends right away as well and they reacted wonderfully. Your sister is right, if they react to you in an unexpected manner, then they most likely aren't true friends to begin with. Have you told your Mom? I think I may start there first! I don't know if you have made a decision yet or not, but I would suggest waiting until you've made a decision and then tell your friends. Good luck and keep in touch!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last