Message Boards

Topic : Infertility

Number of Replies: 433
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:55:14 pm
Author : dataimport
After making the decision to get pregnant, you find you are unable to conceive. Sound familiar? Share your infertility journey with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 10, 2008, 11:54 am CDT

Depressed

Quote From: tddyber0916

Husband and I are both 31, high school sweethearts, got married on our 7 year anniversary, been married now for 7 years, been trying to have a baby for 5 years. We've tried the clomid, the shots, everything it seems like. I've had 2 laparoscopy surgeries done which they found endometrosis really bad, they lazered it out both times. In Sept 07 we tried IVF for the first time, it was unsucessful. We are now waiting to do the frozen IVF in January.

We both want children, and it's so heartbreaking to see all of my family and friends have their own children, talk about them constantly, when I want one so bad. I find myself very distant with my family and friends because I get depressed around their children. I'm constantly reminded of what we don't have, or possibly never will have. I never ever imagined we would have such problems. My husband and I have good jobs, both come from a loving family, we have a great strong relationship. the one thing we lack that we both want so bad is a child of our own. I know we always have adoption, but growing up that was my dream, and now what will I do if they dream never happends for me?

I wish nothing but the best for all you ladies. What we are all experiencing is not fair. Noone understand what we are going through.

I feel ur pain I am 35yrs old and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5yrs. I have gone as far as my insurance will let me. This sitiuation has caused me so much pain. I have been depressed I sometimes can't even get out of bed. It hurts to go to work every day and watch my co-worker as she goes through her pregnancy.  some days are better than others. its like a roller coaster of emotions. and to top it all off, My husbands brother and his new girlfriend is expecting. This feels like a slap in the face from God. I find myself crying at least 2tx a day. I have never been a person to cry @ the drop of a hat, but this situation has brought me to tears many of nights. My husband has told me that I should seek some professional help., Someone to talk to.

March 10, 2008, 12:05 pm CDT

Infertility

Quote From: rose34

I can relate so much with the other ladies who want a baby more than anything in the world. I feel like I have been cursed in life to not have had a baby. I spent 14 years in a relationship ( we started dating when I was 18 and he was 29), for the first year we talked about having one child, then he said he did not want any children and I agreed and I really thought that I DID NOT want children and we lived our lives, but when I hit my early thirties, my biological clock kicked into overdrive, and I wanted a BABY!!!!!!!!. BUT, he said "NO" and would not even discuss it, he said If I wanted a child to go and find someone else to have kids with. I ended up leaving him, part of the problem was the baby issue but he also refused to marry me, even after 14 years, etc, etc. SO, I left and started dating a man who DESPERATELY wanted a baby also, but after two years of unprotected sex and still no pregnancy, he went for a sperm analyis and we found out that he has ZERO SPERM!!!!!!! How can life be so UNFAIR????????? He says I should go find a man who can give me a family and actually a lot of people say for me to go find another man, but I LOVE him, and don't want to just run away to find another man with the hopes for a child. I feel like I have tried twice in Two different relationships to have a baby and I have failed both times. Why does my mind and body want a baby so bad? I feel like the most unlucky person alive, my older sister has 5 kids and my younger sister has 2 kids and my brother just called a few weeks ago to announce that he and his girlfriend are pregnant!!!! Can it get any worse or more painful than it is now??

O yes I certainly can, I amgoing through the same emotions. I somtimes wonder if God is playing a cruel joke on me. My co-worker found out she was pregnant, and I happened to be the first person she told. then My neice who is only 18yrs old called me from orlando Fl. to tell me that she is having a baby. Then to top it all off Now my husband's brother and live-in GIRLFRIEND is having a baby in Aug. this about all I can take. I have been so depressed  feel like my heart is going to break in half. I need something to happened now.

March 10, 2008, 12:20 pm CDT

wanting a baby

Quote From: wantedbaby

I don't even know where to begin. I am 30 years old and have lost myself. All my life all I have ever wanted was a child of my own. I am currently going through a divorce partly because of the fact that I am consumed with being able to have a child of my own. There is no saving my marriage my marriage is irreconcilable. When I was 21 they told me that I went through menopause, and they have no explanation as to why it happened. They told me that the only way that I can have a child is to go through what is know as an egg donor procedure. The only problem is that it will cost about $20-$25 thousand dollars, and there is no way that I can afford that. At first I was happy that they told me that there was a way that I could have a child but once they told me the cost I knew that I would not be able to afford that. Dr. Phil I have lost myself, and I don't know how to find myself again. I cry myself to sleep at night. It is very painful to be around babies, or even children for that matter. When I was married I had a step-daughter, I loved her very much and still do. However she was not mine, and now that my husband and I are going through a divorce I have lost her also and it is killing me. When I walk through any department store if I get anywhere near the baby section or toy section I break down into tears. And now that I have lost my step-daughter it is even worse. I have currently moved to a different state. It was just too painful to be around my family there. My dad had a new child in Aug. of 2004 and I’m not even allowed to see him. My brother had a new baby 2 months ago and it was just too hard to be around them that I had to leave the state. I moved in with a friend in Indiana, in the hopes that within the next couple months I plan on moving to Illinois because I have been told that it is a state law that health insurance company's have to cover ivf. and some will even cover egg donor. Robin have I have a very close friend that has offered to donate his sperm to me just so that way I can have a child. I understand that it would not be me per say due to the fact that it would be someone else’s eggs but at least I would be able to carry the baby and give birth and it would be my child for the rest of my life. I would be able to love nurture and care for it and bring it up in this world and teach it all the things that a mother can. To be able to watch it find it’s hands and feet. To be able to take it to the park and play with the other kids. I really need help with dealing with this it may sound extreme but my quality of life has really gotten bad. All I do is dwell on the fact that I can’t have kids and that is the only thing out of life that I have really wanted. I would sell my soul to the devil if I knew that I would be able to have a child of my own. I am a member of resolve. And I also see a doctor for me depression how ever I do not feel that any thing will help the only thing that would help is if I had a child of my own. Thanks for listening .  

Abby 

Hi I just want to say that I know exactly what ur going through. My husband has asked me to see a therapist because of the emotinoal state I've been in. It is driving a wedge between us. I have a hard time having sex with him because I know  it wont end in a pregnancy. I am afraid a therapist would want to put me on meds and thats just not what I want. It feels that noone understands My situation especially other mother's. if your not in this situation then you can't begain to understand. I would like to know what is "resolve" and how do i get involve?

March 14, 2008, 11:38 am CDT

wanting another child

I have been divorced for 4 years.  I was doing the online dating on and off for about 2 years. Last year I met a terrific guy and we are engaged to be married this April.  I have 3 great kids, 2 teens and an 8 yr old. He has 1 child who is 14 and he doesn't see her much. he had a vasectomy at 19 yrs old. He was a OTR truck driver and had a hard childhood and saw his parents go through many trials growing up and decided that he didnt want his kids to go through that and decided not to have any more children. he is now 33 and I am 39.  We love each other dearly and have been thinking a lot about having another child. its been 14 years since his vasectomy. We have been trying to locate a doctor that can do that reversal surgery and one that has a high success rate. Im sure it is costly as well. If anyone knows of a doctor  that specializes in that or insurance that will help pay for that pleeez message me back. We are willing to go to another state.

Anxious

March 26, 2008, 12:18 pm CDT

TTC

Hello all I am new to this but it´s great to find support when you´re dealing with ttc, I am 31 and DH is 43 we have been ttc now for 1 year after 6 months my Gyne refereed me to a RE I was diagnosed with PCOS I ´ve had 4 cycles of Metformin and clomid and only O´d 1 I am about to start my 4th Cycle my RE said if I don´t O this cycle we will move on to inject ables oh I went through all the battery of tests and the only problem is the PCOS tubes everything are fine any advise ,support , Information will be greatly appreciated.

March 26, 2008, 6:21 pm CDT

Infertility

Hello! I have been reading all the stories about infertilty. I can feel everyones heartache & pain. My husband & I have been dealing with infertility for the past 13 years. We were married when I was 23 & he 24. We already planned to have 4 children before we got married. But when we got married & started to try we were having no luck. We went to the doctors who refered us to another doctor who could help us. We went to him for a year, my tubes had lots of scar tissue on them. He removed as much as possible. We kept trying but nothing was working. He finally told us there was nothing he could do, and we would have to deal with living without children. We wouldn't acept this and went to our family doctor to see if he could reffer us to an other docor, he did. From there we tried monitoring my temperature, to fertility drugs for the next 2 years. Then we started doing I.U.I., all with no success. My sister married my husbands brother 3 months after we got married and they now have 6 children. This made me wonder why me? We decided we would adopt and also try invitro. Well we started to get all our things together for adopting and then when our paper work went through, my husband had his left leg crushed in a logging accident. So we had to wait a year before we could begin adopting. After the 1 year mark we lost our home to a fire. We lost everything. The only thing that was saved ws a vase my deceased uncle gave me the Christmas before. So we were put on hold for another year.When we first started adoption paperwork we also started invitro.  We started doing Invitro, which 3 ended in eptopics and 7 misscarriages all around the 8 week gestation mark. In the last 13 years my husband and myself have been through alot but we have never ever given up hope to have a family. We started to go back to our Catholic Faith over 2 years ago because of our fertility problems and I really do believe God does have a plan for us all. I really strongly believe in this. We have been trying to have children for 13 years now but I have turned to God in prayer and faith and guess what?! Our last embyro for the Invitro process has caught! I am now 23 weeks(24 this Sunday) pregnant and am due on July 23 ( my husband dad's birthday who past away 5 years ago and were very close to). After the baby is born we are waiting 6 months to ajusting living with our little one and then we are going to add anohter 3 children through adoption who will all be siblings, because up here in Canada alot of group siblings get split up. We hope after we ajust to all of this we will bring another group of 3 silbings into our home. So please do not give up any kind of hope, anything is possible.!

April 8, 2008, 2:08 pm CDT

i wanna help

hey im 24 with 2 great kids i wish i could help someone with their dream of getting pregant im wiling to give my eggs to some person that needs them if you know anyone i can help please pass this on i live in ireland i really love to help thanks hope  can give someone help

April 8, 2008, 2:16 pm CDT

i wanna help

Quote From: jeaninelynn

Hi I just want to say that I know exactly what ur going through. My husband has asked me to see a therapist because of the emotinoal state I've been in. It is driving a wedge between us. I have a hard time having sex with him because I know  it wont end in a pregnancy. I am afraid a therapist would want to put me on meds and thats just not what I want. It feels that noone understands My situation especially other mother's. if your not in this situation then you can't begain to understand. I would like to know what is "resolve" and how do i get involve?

hi im 24 ive too great children im willing to donate eggs to someone that really needs them i hope i can help you i live in ireland but i really feel your pain and we could work some thing out plese e mail me if you need my help my email is riondarraghxx@hotmail.com

June 14, 2008, 7:48 pm CDT

Can you remember?

I remember watching a Dr. Phil episode about pregnancy or infertility.....not sure when it was. Anyway, he mentioned some kind of foundation or place that helped financially with invitro procedures.  I might be remembering wrong, but if anyone remembers, I would greatly appreciate it. My husband and I have one daughter who is 4, and one child in heaven. ( I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2006 after several cycles of IUI and repronex shots and a second surgery.)  I would LOVE to have another child, but my fertility doc told me invitro was our only option. We cannot afford to do this, but I thought I remembered a show about this. I would adopt, but my husband isn't really wild about the idea. I really would like to have my own biological child again too-I loved being pregnant. If anyone could help me with this, please let me know. Thanks!

June 16, 2008, 10:39 am CDT

bradylady17

Quote From: bradylady17

I remember watching a Dr. Phil episode about pregnancy or infertility.....not sure when it was. Anyway, he mentioned some kind of foundation or place that helped financially with invitro procedures.  I might be remembering wrong, but if anyone remembers, I would greatly appreciate it. My husband and I have one daughter who is 4, and one child in heaven. ( I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2006 after several cycles of IUI and repronex shots and a second surgery.)  I would LOVE to have another child, but my fertility doc told me invitro was our only option. We cannot afford to do this, but I thought I remembered a show about this. I would adopt, but my husband isn't really wild about the idea. I really would like to have my own biological child again too-I loved being pregnant. If anyone could help me with this, please let me know. Thanks!
Perhaps it was the "Baby Dilemmas" show: http://drphil.com/shows/show/312/

Shady Grove Fertility was featured on the show, and this is the program they offer: Under the center's shared-risk program, couples will receive four chances to become pregnant. If they still haven't conceived at the end of that time, they will be given a full refund.

First | Prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next | Last