Message Boards

Topic : 05/09 Finding Allene and Mollie

Number of Replies: 406
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 05, 2006, 07:00:27 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Join Dr. Phil on an incredible journey in search of two missing girls, Allene, 13, and Mollie, 15, who were abducted by their father a year ago. The search is filled with suspense, traveling thousands of miles away from the U.S. through the jungles of a Third World country. Go inside a deeply religious community, known as the Hutterites, where the members live as if they were from a previous time: girls in bonnets and long dresses, transportation by horse and buggy and no electricity or running water. Will this global rescue mission lead to the recovery of two kidnapped children? Who has them and, more disturbingly, for what purpose? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 26, 2006, 3:01 pm CDT

05/09 Finding Allene and Mollie

Quote From: crazylegs2

Brainwashing is the perfect term to use in these girls' situation.  So many of these so-called "Religious" sects try to claim that they are picked on.  Maybe so & rightfully so, if you have nothing to hide, then hide nothing.  The secrecy alone is disturbing because members that are able to break free always speak of horrible acts & practices while in these groups.  Polygamy was done away with years ago, so why still do it?  I will tell you why, because you have a bunch of sickos that like little kids.  They want total power over others.  This particular group may not do that, but I dont know what they do because they insist on dragging all their members off to other countries to live, why is that nessecary if you have nothing to hide?!  It's bizarre !!!!! I pray for those who are misled & hope that GOD & GOD only can guide them spiritually. Its a shame to take advantage of those needing or looking for something to believe in. 

I really just think, who are we to say what they believe and how the act is wrong?? People from the United states are so quick to point out anything different as wrong, inmoral, unjust, etc. Do I think this dad kidnapping his kids is wrong? Hell yes, and I hope he does go to jail. Nobody should be allowed to do that and get away with it, that poor, poor mother. I also found the religious groups weird, and their thinking different, but it's hard to say they are wrong. In my opinion, as long as people are aware, and of age, polygamy is nobody's damn business. If you want to have four wives and they agree, do it... None of my business.  

We see it as that the girls are missing out on so many oppertunities because they were 'brainwashed' into thinking like that group, but I don't know. It may be good for them that they have instilled in them such morals and high standards, since so many kids today do not.  

May 26, 2006, 3:54 pm CDT

Quote From: ajnsamie4e

Fredi, 

No I am not adopted but I do have a step dad he cannot adopt me because I am over 18 he says. ANyways he wanted to and still do want to adopt me into the family but he calls me his son anyways because he gets me alot more then his real sons Mark And Jeff and daughters Michelle and Christine.  Which are my step-sisters and step-Brothers that I call brothers and sisters lol. Because I do not have any brothers and sisters because I am only the child :(. By the way my nephew Carson is 2 years old and has a new sister coming soon. Carson is cute and will get cutier when he gets older lol. HAHA. I am doing great ty for asking :). Yes I do want to find my real dad lol. Yes everything is ok with me :) ty for asking :). Yes some not alot.  

Peace, 

Andy  

Hi Andy,  

Well I'm certainly glad you've got family. And it's really cool that you are once an uncle and about to become a second time uncle.  These children will certainly look up to you.  You are from a "nuclear family" that is much like my family.  My daughter has step-siblings, and everyone gets along almost as if they're blood bro and sisters.    

So you do want to find your real dad.  That I guess is a natural yearning.  Just the curiousity of wondering about him must be incredible.  Does your family understand that you'd like to find him?  Do you know much about him?  Those types of things could really help you in your search.  I hope that you have some support about this at home.  That always makes things much easier I think.  

I'm really glad that everything is okay for you.  Life's not the easiest journey sometimes.  But if we keep our spirits up and look to the bright side of things.............trust me, it's much more bearable.  Actually life can become down right exciting.  We just have to take the positive attitude.  Find the things that motivate us, and always believe in ourselves.  Then anything is possible.  I'm so glad that you said that you have friends.  You said not alot.  This is my opinion, some people have what looks like a ton of friends..........yet are they really tight?   

Good, lifelong friends.  I think it's better to have a few really trusted friends...........than a million "buddies".    

Good luck with your search.  Have you googled any finding people sites?  Did you try reaching Dr.Phils staff about your plight?  Like I said before keep trying, if this feels "right" to you.  Good luck Andy!  

Peace,  

Fredi  

May 30, 2006, 2:04 pm CDT

Quote From: nickev7132

You thihk these girls are content?  They looked like robots to me!!  I truly believe those girls have been brainwashed.
You may be right, but hope not...

May 31, 2006, 9:24 pm CDT

re:

Quote From: fredastare

Hi Andy,  

Well I'm certainly glad you've got family. And it's really cool that you are once an uncle and about to become a second time uncle.  These children will certainly look up to you.  You are from a "nuclear family" that is much like my family.  My daughter has step-siblings, and everyone gets along almost as if they're blood bro and sisters.    

So you do want to find your real dad.  That I guess is a natural yearning.  Just the curiousity of wondering about him must be incredible.  Does your family understand that you'd like to find him?  Do you know much about him?  Those types of things could really help you in your search.  I hope that you have some support about this at home.  That always makes things much easier I think.  

I'm really glad that everything is okay for you.  Life's not the easiest journey sometimes.  But if we keep our spirits up and look to the bright side of things.............trust me, it's much more bearable.  Actually life can become down right exciting.  We just have to take the positive attitude.  Find the things that motivate us, and always believe in ourselves.  Then anything is possible.  I'm so glad that you said that you have friends.  You said not alot.  This is my opinion, some people have what looks like a ton of friends..........yet are they really tight?   

Good, lifelong friends.  I think it's better to have a few really trusted friends...........than a million "buddies".    

Good luck with your search.  Have you googled any finding people sites?  Did you try reaching Dr.Phils staff about your plight?  Like I said before keep trying, if this feels "right" to you.  Good luck Andy!  

Peace,  

Fredi  

Fredi, 

Yep and ty. How r u doing? What's up? w/b 

Andy 

February 29, 2008, 6:54 pm CST

YOU ARE WRONG

Quote From: bluetrue

I am terrified by the word "CULT" While the Amish, Old-Order Mennonite and various PLAIN groups might seem weird they are often more "Christ-Like" in their beliefs than most Main stream Christian Church bodies.  

As a Conservative Mennonite myself. I have studied many of the World Religions and have a Graduate degree in Religious Education. While I have not seen this show Yet. I tend to feel that we need to listen first and then evaluate things with the guidlines given in Scripture. A cult would inply that these people do not put their faith in Christ.  WHile there are many cults that say that they are Christian. The key to seperate a cult from a non cult is the basis for their salvation. If Christ is the only way then according to the Christian tradition not a cult if Christ is not the only way then Cult.  

The Amish and other Plain peoples do not belive that their lifestyle is EARNING their way to heaven. But it is a way to seperate from the world as it tells us in scripture to "be in the world but not of the WOrld." 

I AM EX AMISH, AND IT HAS ALL THE MAKINGS OF A CULT. ALSO THEY SAY THEY WORSHIP GOD BUT THEY WORSHIP THEIR WAY OF LIFE MORE. THE ONES THAT TRY TO LEAD A GODLY LIFE ARE USUALLY LOOKED DOWN ON. THEY ALSO DO THINK THEIR WAY OF LIFE GETS THEM TO HEAVEN.

February 16, 2009, 9:10 am CST

what evr happened to Allene and Molly? Was there any follow up with them?

First | Prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | Next Page | Last Page