Message Boards

Topic : Pregnancy Loss

Number of Replies: 270
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:55:36 pm
Author : dataimport
Miscarriage, stillbirth, or neonatal death are the most heartbreaking times a couple might face. Share your story and receive support from others who understand.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 25, 2005, 5:08 am CDT

Pregnancy Loss

hi i to had a miscarriage about 7 months ago and my life stoped for about 3 months i did nothing at all i didnt even do my chores,we have been trying for the past  year with our any luck then after many months of returning to the doctor it finially happened,but when i had a scan at 12 weeks it reviled that the baby had stopped crowing at 7 weeks i then needed to have a d and c i cryed for weeks, its starting to get painful again as it is getting close to the day i was ment to be due, i dread every time i get my period.

October 30, 2005, 4:15 pm CST

Parents for twenty minuets

Hi all. 

I would just like to share our story with like minded people.  I am 37 and I found out that I was pregant in March. We was so excited, our first baby!!. We did all the blood tests, and scans, and all seemed well for our bub to be born on Christmas day.. In August I was a bridesmaid and looking pregant. The following week, I began to have cramps.  I thought that this was consipation, and thought nothing of it.  Little did I know that I was having contractions.  After beeing raced to the hospital, we found out that I was going to deliver our son, and doctors held out little hope of him surviving.  At 1.15am Saturday August 20, I gave birth to our son Kiefier.  Grayson and I held him close, he died 20 minuets later.  As sad as we was, we both realized one thing... we was parents for 20minuets. We are both sure that he knew this.  The hospital took a photo of our son, and gave us a momento of his birth. Grayson and I talked about our loss to each other, suported each other and are closer than ever.  We are determined to have a baby, and after christmas, we will try again.  

We are both excited by the prospect, and know, that even though we lost our son, at lest we know that we was parents, even if it was only for a little while. 

Carol and Grayson 

November 1, 2005, 7:04 am CST

help please

hi on June 1st 2005 i gave birth to two beautiful babies Evelyn Sue and William David my little girl didn't breathe at all my little boy stayed with us for 3 weeks the doctors said that he was to little a fighter but his heart and lungs weren't fully developed my babies came to early this has changed my life me and my husband don't hardly speak anymore i don't sleep i try so hard to block it out but it doesn't work i have started a second job so i don't have to deal with being home their room was all ready for them i hate feeling this way!!!!! i have no idea how to get though this i really just want to run away my husband is trying so hard to be there for me but i keep pushing him away we just found out that we are pregnant again and i am scared to death i haven't been myself lately i don't want this baby to die

November 4, 2005, 8:42 am CST

Memory boxes and other memorial items

Dear Grieving families, My name is Mary Glynn. I am the Founder/President of a wonderful Ministry/Organization called "Heavenly Angels in Need" http://HeavenlyAngelsinNeed.com . 

We not only help the sick babies and premature babies and children all the way to 18. But HAINs most asked for items sadly is our burial garments, memory boxes and we are starting to offer caskets. 

Because of my own losses I knew personally the importance of such items. If anyone here lost a baby please check out our website and write to our memory box Coordinator Sheri Null and she will send you a box. Or if you know of any hospital that needs. You can find our contact information on the website as well.  

I am so deeply sorry for your hurt and loss. I hope that if you need anything you will let us know. We are so honored to help in anyway we can. 

Sincerely, Mary Glynn 

November 9, 2005, 7:08 pm CST

Condolences

Quote From: outofreach

hi on June 1st 2005 i gave birth to two beautiful babies Evelyn Sue and William David my little girl didn't breathe at all my little boy stayed with us for 3 weeks the doctors said that he was to little a fighter but his heart and lungs weren't fully developed my babies came to early this has changed my life me and my husband don't hardly speak anymore i don't sleep i try so hard to block it out but it doesn't work i have started a second job so i don't have to deal with being home their room was all ready for them i hate feeling this way!!!!! i have no idea how to get though this i really just want to run away my husband is trying so hard to be there for me but i keep pushing him away we just found out that we are pregnant again and i am scared to death i haven't been myself lately i don't want this baby to die
After reading your story my heart went out to you.  I wanted to let you know that there is still hope, I myself have lost two children due to premature labour and felt that my whole world had come crashing down.  I was told plenty of stories from people; it's part of god's plan, it's natures way of telling me something was wrong with my children.  Well it turns out that all those people were wrong there was nothing wrong with my children the reason I went into labour was because I have what the doctors call an "incompetent cervix".  I found this out after the loss of my daughter Jorja on August 15th 2004 and was given options that would definitely give me a baby.  I tried these options and in March 2005 I found out I was pregnant again.  This was the most terrifying time in my life, I knew that mentally, emotionally and physically I could not handle losing another child.  All seemed to be going well then at 24 weeks I had a scan and we found that my waters were sitting in my cervix and I was rushed to hospital.  I live in a small town that doesn't handle babies at this stage so I was flown by helicopter to one that could.  They put me in surgery, pushed my waters back up and placed a suture in my cervix to hold it shut.  Everyday was scary never knowing what might happen.  I talked to my little girl everyday telling her to hold on, be strong because her mummy and daddy really love her and want her to be with them.  On Friday 14th October 2005 I gave birth to a little girl 5 pound 9 ounces we named her Lilly.  She came a month early and was small but she id fighting fit and growing everyday.  Your probably wondering why I have told you this?  I want you to know that although we are the ones pregnant our husbands hurt too.  It is hard to let them in because they couldn't possibly understand the pain we feel but it's hard for them too because they never felt that bond that only a mother and child can feel and although the only way we know to handle it is to push them away we really need to do whatever we can to hold on to them.  Losing children is hard enough you should try to include your husband in your pain.  You have both been through so much together now is not the time to handle it alone.  I know I could not have dealt with my grief without my husband, there are still times when I cry for my children atleast once a week and I think of them everyday.  I wish you luck with your pregnancy, try to find a way to relax and have some stress relief (yoga, meditation, etc.) whatever works for you and include your husband.  You will probably be really paranoid about every little thing it helps to have really good medical support and family and friends that know your situation.  Good Luck.

November 13, 2005, 9:23 pm CST

support

Quote From: outofreach

Hi my baby Kailey was still born on January 26th 2005 and we are still trying to get pregnant again.  She was my second pregancy, my first was a misscarriage at 13 weeks.  I can relate to how you feel with your husband, as we struggle everyday.  Unfortunately we will never be the same people we were before we lost our babies, but know that your husband is there for you.  You will need his love and support to get through this preganacy, regardless of the outcome.   You should try to talk to your husband.  This pregancy isn't going to be easy, but it will be easier together.   The pain and loss you experienced will not go away, and this baby will not replace the void of your other angels, but the best gift you can give to them is to live you life in a way that will make them proud.   

what I find the hardest is to see through my pain, that my husband is greiving as well.     

I wish you the best with your pregancy.    

November 16, 2005, 5:53 pm CST

don't know what to feel

Hi, 

I am new to this board...I usually am on the weight group message board but I have a new struggle ahead and decided to look for support. I just lost my baby  4 days ago,at 11 weeks...This was my second pregnancy. I have a beautiful son from my first....i am lucky....I have read a few posts from here and I realize that my situation could be a lot worse. My heart goes out to all of you who have been through this...I am wondering....does it get easier? When I see tiny babies I want to scream....I am wondering how to pick up the pieces and try again....my ob said that I can try as soon as i have a normal cycle but with the terrible health care that I have received through this I am not sure I can try again. any advice from you is welcome. 

Mel 

November 17, 2005, 12:41 pm CST

I am so sorry... (surviving child mentioned)

November 21, 2005, 11:20 pm CST

Lost my baby at 3 1/2 weeks

My boyfriend, Antonio and I didn’t even know for sure that I was pregnant until I lost the baby. I was eating like a pig, having back pain and no morning sickness. Antonio was rubbing my belly and talking to it and taking me to get all kinds of strange foods. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Antonio said that he knew it had to be wrong and we would take another a couple weeks down the road. Before I could take the second test I lost the baby. It took me a day or two to realize what had happened, I was at Antonio house and we looked the symptoms of a miscarriage and sure enough that was what had happened. We were getting use to the thought and looking forward to having a baby even though we would have had to deal with the drama of our parents because we are only 19. I have been crying off and on and I feel so empty inside. Antonio and I have decided not to name the baby but I'm not sure it I can have closure with out a name. What does everyone think? How do I deal? 

November 30, 2005, 4:05 pm CST

worried mom

I have a question, my daughter lost a son (stillborn) last year 2 weeks before her due date. She just had another son in August. He's healthy and happy. My worry is that my daughter and son-in-law still go out to the grave everyday. And plan things around going out there. They have taken Nathan out in bad weather because they feel they have to go. They don't say they are going to the grave, they say they are going to see Jonathan. I am really worried about this. They still have every thing up in Nathan's room and have lots of pictures of Jonathan up and only one of Nathan. What can I do or should I worry.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last