Message Boards

Topic : Pregnancy Loss

Number of Replies: 270
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:55:36 pm
Author : dataimport
Miscarriage, stillbirth, or neonatal death are the most heartbreaking times a couple might face. Share your story and receive support from others who understand.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2005, 6:00 pm CDT

Pregnancy Loss

Quote From: jessica24

Why do women miscarry? Why don't we have answers to our miscarrages?  

I lost my first baby at 19 weeks. I gave birth to a little boy, Christian, after a 2 week stay in the hospital. That was almost 2 years ago and it still hurts so much and am constantly thinking about it. the second one was at 6 weeks and I just think why? Last year my sister had 2 miscarriages too. It seems so unfair. I'm so scared to fall pregnant because what if it happens again? Yet I long for a baby of our own. I love kids. I work as a nanny for two boys 3yrs and 20mths, they are beautiful and I love my job but I just want to be a mother. Jessica.  

I wish I could answer that for you as well as my self!  I lost my daughter Kaylee Jean on June 18, 2005 @ 16 weeks.  This has been the worst time in my life.  We were so happy after going though a year of infertility treatments and spending thousands of dollars, now all we have is grief and sorrow.  It's so hard to even think about trying again, but we are not ready to give up hope.  This was my fifth miscarriage and the farthest I've ever carried a baby.  I feel the same as you, I'm so scared yet I long for my own child.  Is that to much to ask?  Sometimes it seems like it is!  Well, I wish you the best and with hope things will work out for us!  God Bless You -Jennifer

September 2, 2005, 9:41 am CDT

don't feel guilty

Quote From: alone86

ya, i do feel guilty that i didn't want the baby, and that somehow i made myself lose it. maybe that is how it worked for me. i don't know. anyway, you are right i am young. i am only 19 and in college right now, so not the ideal time for a baby. but it was there and i had decided to keep her. and feeling special is one thing that i don't have a problem with. the only thing is, it's usually not meant in a good way when people say i'm special. sometimes they're teasing, sometimes they're not. oh well, can't please them all. i should go. it's about 2:30 where i am and i'm tired. ttyl, jenna
Don't worry about it, Jenna.   You did what was right to you.

September 6, 2005, 7:11 am CDT

Pregnancy Loss

I lost my first baby at 19 weeks. I gave birth to a little boy, Christian, after a 2 week stay in the hospital. That was almost 2 years ago and it still hurts so much and am constantly thinking about it. the second one was at 6 weeks and I just think why? Last year my sister had 2 miscarriages too. It seems so unfair. I'm so scared to fall pregnant because what if it happens again? Yet I long for a baby of our own. I love kids. I work as a nanny for two boys 3yrs and 20mths, they are beautiful and I love my job but I just want to be a mother. Jessica.  

Jessica,  I so wish I had the answers to give to you.  I lost 3 babies during our 4 yrs of infertility.  I was so blessed to have an amazing Dr who ordered many tests on me and even more lucky to have an answer. I was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder Factor V Leidan. I received 2 shots of heparin a day in my belly for the 9 months of my pregnancy and for 6 weeks after I gave birth. I urge you to seek your Dr.s opinion. Having answers helped me so much. I still grieve for my lost angels and know they look over my family. Nancy

September 15, 2005, 6:44 am CDT

i have lost a baby

Quote From: alone86

i guess it's a good thing that there isn't anyone else on here cuz that means that people aren't losing babies. or else it means they haven't found this yet. well i'm not sure if i am suffering with post-partum since i lost the baby, but my depression definatly changed. having suffered from depression for the past five years i have come to know what it is like. since i lost the baby it has changed. i was just wondering if anyone else out there has had similar feelings since they lost they're baby. well, let me know. i feel really lost. jenna

i am 19 years old and i got pregnant and it wasnt planned.  well how i found out was that i started my period and after a month i went to the doctor.  well the whole time i was pregnant i was bleeding.  i was worried but the doctors told me some women do bleed during the first semester of their pregnancy.  my boyfriend and i went in for the first ultersound and it was so amazing to see this baby inside of me and it was only 6 cm! well than for the second one we went in and there was nothing inside of me nothing that even showed that i was pregnant.  i never told anyone that i thought i did have a miscarriage. because when i was at school i went to the bathroom and there was this big blood clot and i thought nothing of it, but i feel so guilty for not telling my boyfriend about it that day.  i always think right now i would have a baby what would he or she look like, how would they sleep at night, and all these questions always cross my mind and i always start to cry.  and i look at the ultersound pictures from the first time we went in.  its not a fun feeling to lose a baby and be left with no answers why did it happen to me? and all those other questions unanswered. 

September 27, 2005, 10:24 pm CDT

losing my baby

I met this amazing man in April and in May decided to get married.  A week before we were to marry, I found out I was pregnant.  I have crohns disease which has caused my tubes to have alot of scarring on them and they thought I could never get pregnant but I was told to call my Dr. immediatly if i ever did have a + home pregnancy test..  I went in that day for blood work and everything was good, she told me to come back in 3 days to make sure my levels were going up.  On Sun. May 15 I started to bleed. I was aware that 25% of all pregnancies spot, so I wasnt too worried.  I ended up going to the Dr. again and found out that my levels had dropped to 20.  I was devistated.  The only thing  I want out of life is to be a mother.  Everytime I would go to the bathroom ( and I am sorry if this offends anyone) and I would see the blood all I could think was that that was my baby.  I cried for weeks. I was depressed, I couldnt eat, I couldnt sleep, I couldnt work, I could not do anything  I didnt  even want to get out of bed.  It was rough, and although no one in my family has ever gone through this they were there for me to help me.  I still think about it sometimes but  I know that I have an angel in heaven and when I die I will meet him/her. 

October 4, 2005, 9:55 pm CDT

Pregnancy Loss

Quote From: brandi24

I met this amazing man in April and in May decided to get married.  A week before we were to marry, I found out I was pregnant.  I have crohns disease which has caused my tubes to have alot of scarring on them and they thought I could never get pregnant but I was told to call my Dr. immediatly if i ever did have a + home pregnancy test..  I went in that day for blood work and everything was good, she told me to come back in 3 days to make sure my levels were going up.  On Sun. May 15 I started to bleed. I was aware that 25% of all pregnancies spot, so I wasnt too worried.  I ended up going to the Dr. again and found out that my levels had dropped to 20.  I was devistated.  The only thing  I want out of life is to be a mother.  Everytime I would go to the bathroom ( and I am sorry if this offends anyone) and I would see the blood all I could think was that that was my baby.  I cried for weeks. I was depressed, I couldnt eat, I couldnt sleep, I couldnt work, I could not do anything  I didnt  even want to get out of bed.  It was rough, and although no one in my family has ever gone through this they were there for me to help me.  I still think about it sometimes but  I know that I have an angel in heaven and when I die I will meet him/her. 

It's hard. I did nothing for six months after I miscarried,  was extremely depressed. I really hate having periods as it is a constant reminder of the blood when I lost my babies.

October 10, 2005, 5:32 am CDT

Pregnancy Loss

I'm sorry for the loss of your child at 19 weeks. I to have lost children, I am the average everyday woman however after giving birth to my daughter Amy I became pregnant again and was due on my wedding anniversary unfortunatley this was not to be as the baby died at 13 weeks.  I then became pregnant again however this was to be a joyous and sad occassion, you see I was carrying twins and one died.  That was eight years ago and the pain is always there just a different sort of pain.  I still often think about my children because to me they are children I just never got to name or hold them.  Feelings about this are so wide and varied and the best thing that I have found is to acknowledge the fact that is has happened and to always be able to talk to anyone about it so that more people are aware of the feelings that come with this loss of life.

October 17, 2005, 8:07 pm CDT

Sometimes..

Quote From: mom2boys

Jessica,  I so wish I had the answers to give to you.  I lost 3 babies during our 4 yrs of infertility.  I was so blessed to have an amazing Dr who ordered many tests on me and even more lucky to have an answer. I was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder Factor V Leidan. I received 2 shots of heparin a day in my belly for the 9 months of my pregnancy and for 6 weeks after I gave birth. I urge you to seek your Dr.s opinion. Having answers helped me so much. I still grieve for my lost angels and know they look over my family. Nancy

There are no answers. I lost my 6th baby in August this year, a son, Ciaran. Prior to Ciaran I've had one other stillbirth, and 4 miscarriages, and am still no closer to finding answers. It's heartbreaking, and every single time i have thought that i couldn't go on, and i couldn't try again, and that i couldn't live if it happened again, but in reality, i pick up the pieces and i keep trying, because one day, it will work, and if it doesn't, then I treasure being able to get pregnant in the first place, and have my babies for however long i have them for.  

Some women don't even get that. 

October 20, 2005, 7:20 pm CDT

Pregnancy Loss

Quote From: fire_fly

There are no answers. I lost my 6th baby in August this year, a son, Ciaran. Prior to Ciaran I've had one other stillbirth, and 4 miscarriages, and am still no closer to finding answers. It's heartbreaking, and every single time i have thought that i couldn't go on, and i couldn't try again, and that i couldn't live if it happened again, but in reality, i pick up the pieces and i keep trying, because one day, it will work, and if it doesn't, then I treasure being able to get pregnant in the first place, and have my babies for however long i have them for.  

Some women don't even get that. 

i read your saddening story about the many babies that you have lost. i have an aunt-in-law that has had that same problems. she was able to carry her first 2 children to full term, 1 being a placenta-previa baby and one fortunately is now 38 years old, but she did have 6 other miscarraiges after. apparantely her doctors have confirmed that it is a blood disease that she has. i am not sure the name of it, but her body actually attacks that baby as a foreign and unwanted object, resulting in a miscarraige. i am hopeful for you that you don't have this situation or blood disease, but i thought that maybe you could get a few more anwsers since you say that you don't know why this is happening.  

my heart goes out to you and you are in my prayers that you find a positive answer to the awful situation that you are in. i hope i didn't make things worse, i just wanted to help you find some answers. i am sorry that i don't know the name of it, but at least you might be able to look it up on the computer or ask your doctors about this a disease of this type.  

bless you... 

October 23, 2005, 7:54 am CDT

Infertility issues

Hello everyone.  Hope you all are doing well.  I am new to this board, and I am excited to chat with you.  You are all very inspiring.  I have also had complications with preganacy.  I have had three miscarraiges due to a uterine abnormality ,which I recently had surgery to fix.  Thank g-d, it worked and I am now 3 1/2 months pregnant!  :)  Is anyone interested in sharing their inspiring story of triumph through these diffucult times?  Maybe you even have a funny story, or some good advice for others dealing with infertiliy.  This is for a short story I hope to write about us wonderful women and how we deal.   Maybe it is your best friend, partner, husband, or even cupckaes that help us, whatever it may be, I would love to hear about it.  Please email me if you are interested at dgilderman18@hotmail.com, or post to this board.  Thank you for considering contributing to the story, and  can't wait to chat with you soon.  Lots of love, D

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last