Message Boards

Topic : 07/19 Mind Your Business

Number of Replies: 273
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 05, 2006, 07:03:49 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/11/06) They go through your wallet, they trace your phone calls, they even get in their car to follow your every move. They’re meddlesome, nosy people who love to snoop! Dr. Phil’s guests are fed up with loved ones who can't seem to stay out of their business. Carla, 31, says she's tired of her mother, Pamela, tracking her every move, day and night. Pamela says having a house right behind her daughter makes keeping an eye on her easy. She even cut down Carla's hedges so she could see better! Does this backyard buttinsky know best, or does she need to stay on her side of the fence? Then, Christie is so obsessed with snooping on her husband, Shannon, that she reads his e-mails, checks his phone messages and even smells his clothes just to make sure he's not cheating on her. Shannon says he has no privacy and is contemplating leaving his wife. What's behind Christie's constant snooping and interrogations? Plus, a mom who says as long as her children live under her roof, she has the right to eavesdrop on their phone calls, read their diaries, and even search through their clothes while they're sleeping! Is she crossing the line? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 11, 2006, 2:38 am CDT

05/11 Mind Your Business

well, i think that the mother in questioning is going way to far with it!! 

i have experienced it that my mom went thrue my diaree and it made me furious! 

thats my private thing, i write down the things i cant say or i dont want to.. 

they come from my head straight in to my diaree, so i write them very hard down, no pretty sories were made of it.. 

and if my mom reads that, she freaks out.. so it happend twice.. :( 

now i dont have an diaree anymore becouse of it.. 

i have an infant of 9 months old, still living with my mom, soon to live with my partner, still fixing up our house.. 

and my mom tells me now how to raise my child.. 

how to give the bottle, how to play, how to lay him in his bed, what times.. 

she makes the rules and i have to live with it, or else.. she will get pissed off... 

but, in septembre we finaly can move in to our own house!! 

ps, sorry for my bad english, im from holland... :D) 

xxxies 

Ilonka 

May 11, 2006, 2:42 am CDT

05/11 Mind Your Business

the mom is going to far1 

my mom is doing that to, and it pisses me off! 

diarees are private area! 

i have an 9 months old infant and still living at home.. 

now she tells me what to do and how to raise my own child.. 

she makes the rules and i have to live to it! 

or else she will get very pissed off!! 

May 11, 2006, 6:14 am CDT

Don't You Feel Like Slapping Her?

Dr. Phil,   

How do you keep from slapping some of these mean-spirited, prying mothers? This one infuriates me as she giggles about what she does, which is a cruel slap in the face to her daughter. She laughs when you point out her ridiculousness. What she is doing is stalking, which is a crime. Come on, Daughter, get some backbone and self-respect and shut her out once and for all. She has nothing positive to offer you. Tell her you will have nothing more to do with her until she gets help for her mental problems.  

May 11, 2006, 6:16 am CDT

So What?

Quote From: momilonka

the mom is going to far1 

my mom is doing that to, and it pisses me off! 

diarees are private area! 

i have an 9 months old infant and still living at home.. 

now she tells me what to do and how to raise my own child.. 

she makes the rules and i have to live to it! 

or else she will get very pissed off!! 

If you lived with me, with or without a child, you would follow my house rules too. I try very hard not to interfere in my children's lives, but if I saw you doing something selfish, reckless, or unfair, I would not hesitate to tell you. I wrote the post about wanting to slap the mother on the show, but there are two sides to every issue, and you are the other side. 

May 11, 2006, 6:33 am CDT

Mind Your Business

I was furious after watching this segment of the show.  How dare this mother sit  there and laugh about her actions.  I am a 53 year old mother and grandmother and even though I don't agree with all the decisions my daughters make I keep my mouth shut until I am asked for advise or an opinion.  I have a mother that was just like this one and guess what happened?  I did exactly what Dr. Phil said this daughter would do, I distanced myself and my child until my mother learned what her boundaries are and we now have a great relationship.

May 11, 2006, 6:39 am CDT

Get a grip...

Do you know the more you do this ......the more he is going to want to get away from you!!!!....My EX did it to me for 10 years...I couldn't take it anymore!!!! 

You have to stop.....my EX...who did you see today where did you go ....who called did you speak to anyone...he searched my car.... 

This is is the funny thing he did....i was an Ad sales person for our Local news paper...I collected Business cards from everyone....My EX went into my car every morning while I slept.....found a business card...I had written on...came into my bed room slammed on the light....threw it @ me...is this who you are having an affair with...I busted out laughing...cause....On the card ...was the name....your going to Love this....Travis Trit.....can I trust you with my heart...its a song i heard on the radio....lol....what a dumb....A#%.... 

So needless to say...I got the blank..away from him....I have never been happier... 

May 11, 2006, 7:23 am CDT

Nosy Mom

What a nosy mom!! She thinks its all funny. I know Dr. Phil tried to get her be serious. I hope one of them moves and back out. Dr. Phil is right about her getting a hobby! She ticks me off. No one should read your mail but you. That is wrong!! 

The daughter is a grown woman, let her be, good lord!!  

I'm looking forward to seeing the update on Alex and her family next week! 

May 11, 2006, 7:24 am CDT

there are always boundries

I am a mother of 7 children. I agree that as a mother we have the right to look through our childrens things and know what they are up to. You can't be to careful these days BUT there are boundries. I have looked through my  teenagers things. I have also told them about things I have found but I haven't  told them about everything I have found.  I feel there are things that we shouldn't tell them we know and what I mean by that is "harmless things". Things that wont make a difference if we know or not.  I do draw the line at adult hood.  I have 3 kids graduated and out of the house  and one graduating in a month from high school.  I think once they are out of the house and on their own doing their own thing we have no write to tell them what to do. We may offer our addvice but that is it.  Once my children are out of high school and out of my house what they do is their business and if I do find out something that they are doing that I don't like after they are on their own then I have to learn how to deal with it, not them.  So what I am trying to say is if you continue to snoop after they are adults then you better be able to deal with what you find because kids don't live like their parents do. I know I don't live the same live style as my parents do.

May 11, 2006, 7:25 am CDT

Dad

I'm afriad my dad going to stalk or be nosy when I get my own place.

May 11, 2006, 7:57 am CDT

If you want to keep someone honest

Don't call him a liar.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last