Message Boards

Topic : 05/18 Alex Turns 18

Number of Replies: 409
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 12, 2006, 10:10:06 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Whenever Dr. Phil walks down the street, people ask: “What’s going on with Marty, Erin, Alex and Katherine?” This divided family first came on the show when their 15-year-old daughter, Alex, was pregnant and her condition was ripping their lives apart. Alex has accomplished a lot in three years. Get an update on her son, Nathan. Plus, Alex’s younger sister, Katherine, felt anger and resentment about the pregnancy and the constant chaos in her parents’ marriage. Find out how she’s been coping, and hear the burning question Marty has for Dr. Phil. Then, see the amazing surprises in store for this family! And, Dr. Phil follows up with another unforgettable guest, April. She was the anorexic bride, whose husband ended their marriage over the phone. How is she adjusting to life as a single woman? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 13, 2006, 9:18 am CDT

05/18 Alex Turns 18

I am so excited to see this show.  I have high, high hopes for Alex.  I think she would have stepped up to the plate with motherhood.  I can't wait to see how well they are all doing.

May 13, 2006, 9:47 am CDT

good to hear from the 1st dr Phil family

Quote From: princess27

I'm excited to see where this family is at. DOES ANYBODY KNOW what happened to that one Dr. Phil family Chris and Stacy (between the two of them, they had 5 kids, I think it was?) Was there ever any closure between that family or follow ups? I felt left hanging with that family! 

It's great to know that this family is doing fine and that Alex is growing up, she really doesn't look like a teenager anymore. I hope that Erin and her husband got everything worked out. I've sent an email to dr Phil about this 2nd dr Phil family, but did not receive any response yet. I live in the Netherlands (Europe), so we are far behind you and we were in the middle of this 2nd family, when I went to a friend in Florida for 3 months, so I never saw how this family were doing at the end. 

Roswitha 

May 13, 2006, 9:52 am CDT

Alex turns 18

Quote From: letmeluvme

Hello , I watched the follow ups with drphil and this family.I will be curious to see what secret Alex has that she shares with Dr.Phil and only him ! I hope Katherine is doing well.I felt sorry for her since all the attention was on Alex and her baby and the parents.It will intersting to see what unfolds from this updated show.

I am so excited for Thurs. to come?  I think about Alex and her family and have wondered how they are doing?  The CLIPS that have been shown for the upcoming show have me interested.  Also the other "updates" will have me glued to the TV screen.   

My husband and I enjoy your show so much.  DO YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT OR DO YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY is our favorite exchange to each other and then we LAUGH!!!!  We listen to your guests and your information and we have learned so much.  What a GREAT show you have!!! 

Thank you, 

Sunny 

May 13, 2006, 10:01 am CDT

All I can hope for is...

what Dr. Phil is always saying "past behavior is an indicator of future behavior" and that Alex is pregnant again. 

As far as Katherine is concerned, I hope she is doing well.  She was the lone sheep who I truly identified with (for different reasons).  I hope she is studing to work with aquatic wildlife and is happy. 

Alex is right when she said in the clip, I don't care what other people think of me.  But she has to realize that her little son will be entering Pre-K and Kindergarten soon and that people and their off-spring will make his life a living hell.  Hopefully she has grown up enough to deal with that. 

May 13, 2006, 10:20 am CDT

I met Alex

One day I was shopping and I looked across the way and there was Alex.  I was like, wow, there's that girl that was on the Dr Phil show.  I kept looking and she looked over and I smiled.  I couldn't take my eyes off her  and she kept looking over at me and I was still smiling at her.  So I walked over and quietly told her I saw her on the Dr Phil show.  I felt like I knew her.  It must feel strange to have people you don't know coming up to you and they know you.   I was sensitive that she may have felt a bit conspicuous and she was busy working so I didn't shout "hey look everyone its Alex from the Dr Phil show!"  She was looking at me like I might hehe.  Alex is as beautiful in person as she is on the show and she has a lovely freindly personality to match.  I am always asking her questions about Dr Phil and Robin and its so exciting to actually meet someone that has been on the show.  I am looking forward to seeing the show.  I have to go to her store today so if she's there I may not be able to resist getting her to tell me some new Dr Phil trivia.  ; )   

May 13, 2006, 10:22 am CDT

Where's Erin?

Did anyone notice that Erin wasn't in any of the pictures previewing the show?  Nor was she mentioned past the initial title of the episode.??? 

Melody 

May 13, 2006, 11:43 am CDT

Let's not Judge.

I certainly haven't seen them before, but it's nice to have them back on the show as well. I wonder how Alex is doing. Hopefully, she'll get all the help that she needs. Now, let's not judge & condemn her, as that's not our place to be doing that. Even if she still has problems, I'll be able to stick up for her, including her family.

May 13, 2006, 11:43 am CDT

ALEX

ALEX,I hope you are doing well with the baby but im sure you got the mother thing down by now.and i hope the rest of your family is doing well.your sister i was worried about too.how is she doing hope great. im sure you have another shocker for everyone coming up this week on the show i can only hope your not pragnet again that wouldnt be what you need but guess got to wait for the show thanks agian for letting us in to your family home and lifes

May 13, 2006, 1:19 pm CDT

05/18 Alex Turns 18

Quote From: aunt_k8

what Dr. Phil is always saying "past behavior is an indicator of future behavior" and that Alex is pregnant again. 

As far as Katherine is concerned, I hope she is doing well.  She was the lone sheep who I truly identified with (for different reasons).  I hope she is studing to work with aquatic wildlife and is happy. 

Alex is right when she said in the clip, I don't care what other people think of me.  But she has to realize that her little son will be entering Pre-K and Kindergarten soon and that people and their off-spring will make his life a living hell.  Hopefully she has grown up enough to deal with that. 

I'm just  like Alex "I don't care if people think of me or my family." I'm a single mother. I'm also teaching my daughter not to judge a book by its cover. My daughter will be 4 in June starting school in the fall jr. Kindergarten. The first year of her life other people made our  life a living hell and I let them until one day I woke up and said its there problem that they are judging us with out knowing us at all. 

May 13, 2006, 1:44 pm CDT

I Met Alex

Quote From: wintrywood

One day I was shopping and I looked across the way and there was Alex.  I was like, wow, there's that girl that was on the Dr Phil show.  I kept looking and she looked over and I smiled.  I couldn't take my eyes off her  and she kept looking over at me and I was still smiling at her.  So I walked over and quietly told her I saw her on the Dr Phil show.  I felt like I knew her.  It must feel strange to have people you don't know coming up to you and they know you.   I was sensitive that she may have felt a bit conspicuous and she was busy working so I didn't shout "hey look everyone its Alex from the Dr Phil show!"  She was looking at me like I might hehe.  Alex is as beautiful in person as she is on the show and she has a lovely freindly personality to match.  I am always asking her questions about Dr Phil and Robin and its so exciting to actually meet someone that has been on the show.  I am looking forward to seeing the show.  I have to go to her store today so if she's there I may not be able to resist getting her to tell me some new Dr Phil trivia.  ; )   

How exciting to have met her in person?  I just thought that she was so beautiful and for you to tell us that that was how she looked in person---thank you!  I sure hope that her parents are happy with each other and still together.  It looked like there was HOPE for their marriage?  Please tell her she has a fan here in Florida also.  We live in this beautiful state  (southwest Florida) but I think she lives up in the northern part doesn't she?  Tell her we will be watching and cheering for her and hoping that all of them are doing well.  COME ON THURSDAY!!!!  lol  

Thank you,  

Sunny  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last