Message Boards

Topic : 05/18 Alex Turns 18

Number of Replies: 409
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 12, 2006, 10:10:06 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Whenever Dr. Phil walks down the street, people ask: “What’s going on with Marty, Erin, Alex and Katherine?” This divided family first came on the show when their 15-year-old daughter, Alex, was pregnant and her condition was ripping their lives apart. Alex has accomplished a lot in three years. Get an update on her son, Nathan. Plus, Alex’s younger sister, Katherine, felt anger and resentment about the pregnancy and the constant chaos in her parents’ marriage. Find out how she’s been coping, and hear the burning question Marty has for Dr. Phil. Then, see the amazing surprises in store for this family! And, Dr. Phil follows up with another unforgettable guest, April. She was the anorexic bride, whose husband ended their marriage over the phone. How is she adjusting to life as a single woman? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 13, 2006, 2:35 pm CDT

05/18 Alex Turns 18

I can't wait to see Dr. Phil's divided family. I hope that they have inproved, and are together as one united family. They seemed as if they could share alot of loved, if showed how to do it together. 

Hopefully they were able to do that.  

May 13, 2006, 4:08 pm CDT

Alex can still surprise you.

I have a lot in common with Alex.  At the age of 15, and just a sophomore in high school, I found out that I was pregnant.  I was being raised by a single mother, and there was a constant fight between my parents as to what to do for my situation.  I had to fight with the school board system and convince them to allow me to continue my education.  I was able to have my little boy, and graduate with my regular class.  I am writing all of this because I wanted to give Alex some encouragement.  It is now twelve years later, I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful boys. I graduated with honors from a business school and I am beginning law school in the fall of this year.   

Alex can still accomplish anything that she sets her mind to do.  I have full confidence in her abilities.  I wanted to wish her and her family all the best.   

May 13, 2006, 5:36 pm CDT

Will be Glad to See them Again

I'm just really glad to see the family back on the show. I've been wondering how they're doing ever since the last update. Their family dynamics had a lot of similarities to mine. Plus, I just liked them.
I can't wait to see the show.

May 13, 2006, 6:51 pm CDT

Looking forward to the updates

I hope Alex has been a good mother since giving birth and is careful of getting involved deeply in relationships that lead to more babies.  Anyone she dates now is a potential daddy to her baby so she should be careful in her chosing.  I hope her parents have been able to stay together and hope that her father learned to keep his zipper up.

May 13, 2006, 6:53 pm CDT

MARTY AND ERIN

May 13, 2006, 7:06 pm CDT

MARTY AND ERIN ARE THEY DIVORCED?

Quote From: cheeker

I'm just really glad to see the family back on the show. I've been wondering how they're doing ever since the last update. Their family dynamics had a lot of similarities to mine. Plus, I just liked them.
I can't wait to see the show.

I wondered if Erin divorced Marty?  If he is still  having affairs..?There life was sure like a soap opera... I hope all is well there.  I hope these kids are on the right  track and starting a new life for themselves so Erin and Marty  can  have some peace in their  marriage..
         Everyone likes to  have  a happy ending,  I hope we can see this on the Dr. Phil show on th 18th, 
                      I love Dr.Phil and his show.  He is blessed with intelligence and compassion.  What a  kind man..  I never miss the Dr Phil show.  Your show is the greatest thing  in  television... I hope someday I will be able to see your show in person.. Rita

May 13, 2006, 11:41 pm CDT

Stacy and Chris

Quote From: roswitha

It's great to know that this family is doing fine and that Alex is growing up, she really doesn't look like a teenager anymore. I hope that Erin and her husband got everything worked out. I've sent an email to dr Phil about this 2nd dr Phil family, but did not receive any response yet. I live in the Netherlands (Europe), so we are far behind you and we were in the middle of this 2nd family, when I went to a friend in Florida for 3 months, so I never saw how this family were doing at the end. 

Roswitha 

I believe that this was their name.  I also would like a follow-up.  Did Dr. Phil believe they needed more help? (Well, we know Stacy was kind of "out in left field"!!  I also would like to find out what happened to them!!  Let us know Dr. Phil!!

May 14, 2006, 1:37 am CDT

hi dr phill

hi dr phill i love to watch ur show and the story on alex well i folowed that story from the begining tell now

May 14, 2006, 9:06 am CDT

05/18 Alex Turns 18

I hope to hear goood news about this family. They are young kids that need to realize that there are opportunities to improve life after an unplanned pregnancy. I have wondered a lot what has been going on with this family, thank you for bringing them back for a recap.

May 14, 2006, 12:26 pm CDT

Anticipating a good outcome

I am also looking forward to this episode with great anticipation.  On the last update, we saw things going a lot better... especially the relationship between Marty and Katherine.  I hope things have only continued getting better.  

At the beginning of this series there was a lot of discussion about how the baby would rip the family apart but, instead, seems to have helped glue the fractured parts together.  Also, of course, credit Dr. Phil... I feel strongly that, if Erin had divorced Marty before the show, it would have been a bitter, nasty divorce and that the girls would not have had a relationship with their dad.  Now, whether the parents stay together or not, I feel that the girls will both have a relationship with both parents, which is the best outcome for them, isn't it?  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last