Message Boards

Topic : 05/18 Alex Turns 18

Number of Replies: 409
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 12, 2006, 10:10:06 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Whenever Dr. Phil walks down the street, people ask: “What’s going on with Marty, Erin, Alex and Katherine?” This divided family first came on the show when their 15-year-old daughter, Alex, was pregnant and her condition was ripping their lives apart. Alex has accomplished a lot in three years. Get an update on her son, Nathan. Plus, Alex’s younger sister, Katherine, felt anger and resentment about the pregnancy and the constant chaos in her parents’ marriage. Find out how she’s been coping, and hear the burning question Marty has for Dr. Phil. Then, see the amazing surprises in store for this family! And, Dr. Phil follows up with another unforgettable guest, April. She was the anorexic bride, whose husband ended their marriage over the phone. How is she adjusting to life as a single woman? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2006, 8:18 am CDT

Hang in there

Quote From: hayley18

Hi My name is hayley i fell pregnant at 15 as well and now i am 18 and have 2 children and i think i have post natal depression it may have something to do with the fact thati was living in an abusive relationship for three years i hope it doesn't happen to her aswell
Hayley, I was a young mother myself and well it is not easy.  I suffered depression for four years after the birth of my kids.  If you can, get help from a Dr and maybe some medicine could help you too.  I took meds and they helped me through alot.  I also did counsling.  I struggled for years after I had my kids.  They are ages 2 and 5.

May 15, 2006, 11:22 am CDT

Back at ya Joy

Quote From: sharepics

HI, I JUST REGISTERED!!! I'M JOY. I WAS WORKING A LOT OF HRS SOMETIME AFTER I SAW ALL THE FAMILY DIVIDED EPISODES. MISSED THE  UPDATES. DID ERIN DIVORCE MARTY???  SAW BABY NATHANS  PIC ON WEBSITE-HES SUCH A CUTIE!!!!!! HOW OLD IS HE NOW???  AM GLAD GIRLS HAVE A BETTER R-SHIP W/THEIR DAD- :-)  U CAN E-MAIL ME TOO IF U WANT AT  

JSTUTTI@AOL.COM                  PEACE & LUV, JOY   

Nothing has been mentioned anywhere about them getting divorced... the last time they were on, they were doing much better... in counselling etc.  People seem to be making a lot out of the fact that Erin hasn't been on footage advertising the update but, as far as I can tell, most if not all of these pictures have been from previous shows. I guess we will have to wait until Thursday to find out what is going on.

May 15, 2006, 1:10 pm CDT

about me

its exiting to see how alex is doing i have a baby girl that will be 3 nov 1st  but i was 23 when i hade her and i live with the father but that still is neat all my love and suport to the family

May 15, 2006, 8:27 pm CDT

Wow

I actually hope that the Alex's secret is that she is graduating on time.  That would be stupendous!  As far as Erin & Marty, I think they had a lot of stuff to deal with, and probably only scratched trust issues in the last three years, but as long as they are both working at it, they will likely be fine:)  I hope Katherine is excelling in all she does and is doing now!  She was quiet whenever I was able to watch her on the show, and always seemed to be overlooked by the family until she would yell and get the attention on her.  She seems like a wonderful kid.  I got pregnant young, and I can only hope that this family is doing well beyond all expectations.

May 16, 2006, 5:08 am CDT

Message from Australia

It's great to see that there is a follow up show coming on this topic ( although it will be six months before we get it here in Australia).  I watched the shows on this family with great interest and hope that it all turns out well.   

I got pregnant when I was 18 and know that it a difficult time for the complete family, not just the one who is pregnant.  I congratulate Alex on the person that I know she will become (because of her love for her child) and want to let her know that there are people on the other side of the world who believe in her.  All the best and I can't wait until I finally see the update! 

May 16, 2006, 10:15 am CDT

05/18 Alex Turns 18

Quote From: laneypoo82

When Dr. Phil first started talking to this family. I was also pregnant at a young age. I made the decision to place my son up for an open adoption and alex didnt. I'm really excited to see how things are going for her now. Her son and my birth son are just about a month apart in age t(he best I can figure). I now have a little 4 months old girl. 

Elaine 

Cary, North Carolina 

As an adopted child myself, I want to applaud you for doing the most unselfish thing for your child.  You are terrific. I hope that your child someday knows what a big sacrifice you made for him. I know I appreciate my bio mom and will never forget the fact that she put me first and gave me a wonderful life.

May 16, 2006, 11:47 am CDT

Why does Alex get all the Attention?

Is it because she is blonde and beautiful? She and her daddy were about at the same emotional level as I recall. The younger sister took the brunt of it! I hope the parents have divorced. I have no right to judge, and I'm hoping the baby is OK. PLEASE, God, don't let Alex say she has dropped out of school and is pregnant again! The photo they are posting of her for Thursday's show makes her look so SMUG I could just SCREAM! I DO care what people think about me, and I'm FIFTY! I especially care what my ten-year-old daughter thinks of me, as I am a role model for her. Listen up, Alex, you are a ROLE MODEL for your son, as young as he is, so I hope your "secret" is a positive one.

May 16, 2006, 4:00 pm CDT

wow

Her little one is 3yrs? it's been that long since this family was on the show? I can not believe it's been that!  

I am very curious as too what's happens too Alex since the show, if her parents stayed together through it all!    

Too the person that said if Dr. Phil saying "the best prediction for the future is the past"  I pray in this case it's not....Alex pregnant again after everything the family as been through.. "sigh" not sure if that would be a good thing......  

can not wait too see this show! 

May 16, 2006, 8:06 pm CDT

Hmm

Quote From: thinless

I wondered if Erin divorced Marty?  If he is still  having affairs..?There life was sure like a soap opera... I hope all is well there.  I hope these kids are on the right  track and starting a new life for themselves so Erin and Marty  can  have some peace in their  marriage..
         Everyone likes to  have  a happy ending,  I hope we can see this on the Dr. Phil show on th 18th, 
                      I love Dr.Phil and his show.  He is blessed with intelligence and compassion.  What a  kind man..  I never miss the Dr Phil show.  Your show is the greatest thing  in  television... I hope someday I will be able to see your show in person.. Rita

I hope they're doing better. I hope for Marty's sake and the sake of his family that he is not having affairs and I hope the girls are happy. I thinked it seemed like a soap opera because everyone was so unhappy.

May 16, 2006, 8:10 pm CDT

Ms

Quote From: mrscoddle

Is it because she is blonde and beautiful? She and her daddy were about at the same emotional level as I recall. The younger sister took the brunt of it! I hope the parents have divorced. I have no right to judge, and I'm hoping the baby is OK. PLEASE, God, don't let Alex say she has dropped out of school and is pregnant again! The photo they are posting of her for Thursday's show makes her look so SMUG I could just SCREAM! I DO care what people think about me, and I'm FIFTY! I especially care what my ten-year-old daughter thinks of me, as I am a role model for her. Listen up, Alex, you are a ROLE MODEL for your son, as young as he is, so I hope your "secret" is a positive one.
It sounds like you know someone like Alex in real life and she isn't trustworthy? Katherine will be okay, I have to admit I sympathized more with Katherine than Alex but I life is going to get better for both girls and Nathan will have Katherine (if not Alex also) as a great role model.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last