Message Boards

Topic : Having a Baby Has Changed My Life

Number of Replies: 78
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:03 pm
Author : dataimport
From bliss to total chaos, having a baby can change your life in many ways. Share your personal experience of how a baby has changed your life.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 25, 2007, 9:19 pm CDT

DO HOPE THAT DANIEL...

Quote From: notanothergirl

My son Daniel is two and is on life support.  This morning everything was fine and he just collapsed.  Please pray for Daniel, he is two years old and is blind, but otherwise he was doing alright.  I'm asking everyone I can to pray for him these next twenty four hours.  Need a miracle!!!

Will be ok soon and yes I will say a prayer or two for him and your family.

Take Care, Love Kelly.

April 27, 2007, 12:14 am CDT

Having a Baby Has Changed My Life

My son Daniel is two and is on life support.  This morning everything was fine and he just collapsed.  Please pray for Daniel, he is two years old and is blind, but otherwise he was doing alright.  I'm asking everyone I can to pray for him these next twenty four hours.  Need a miracle!!!
I am so sorry...I hope everything is ok.

May 7, 2007, 12:49 pm CDT

Is anyone else an over protective parent?

I have a 2 year old little boy that I absolutely adore. The problem is that ever since he was born, I am having a hard time not being so worried about him. He has only stayed at his grandma's house 4 times. We have no other sitters for him. I am a stay at home mom. I am so worried about letting him out of my sights. It's so hard to build up trust in anyone else when it comes to watching your child.

I love being home with my son, but I have noticed it's taking it's toll. I have been with him 24/7 for 2 years, with the exception of 4 nights. Is this normal? I find myself so tired and worn out. Plus, my husband and I never have time for ourselves. I would love to go out on a date with my husband, but how romantic is it to bring a 2 year old with you? I just can't quit thinking that something will happen to him if he isn't with me. I feel like I am being paranoid, but he's my baby. I am seriously on Mama Bear Overdrive! Anyone out there have any tips? I am really trying to figure out how to calm down. If I don't' get this under control, how is it going to be on him when he's older? I dread him starting to go over to friends houses, learning to drive, and being somewhere that I can't protect him. What should I do?

May 13, 2007, 6:10 am CDT

Quote From: attebe

I have a 2 year old little boy that I absolutely adore. The problem is that ever since he was born, I am having a hard time not being so worried about him. He has only stayed at his grandma's house 4 times. We have no other sitters for him. I am a stay at home mom. I am so worried about letting him out of my sights. It's so hard to build up trust in anyone else when it comes to watching your child.

I love being home with my son, but I have noticed it's taking it's toll. I have been with him 24/7 for 2 years, with the exception of 4 nights. Is this normal? I find myself so tired and worn out. Plus, my husband and I never have time for ourselves. I would love to go out on a date with my husband, but how romantic is it to bring a 2 year old with you? I just can't quit thinking that something will happen to him if he isn't with me. I feel like I am being paranoid, but he's my baby. I am seriously on Mama Bear Overdrive! Anyone out there have any tips? I am really trying to figure out how to calm down. If I don't' get this under control, how is it going to be on him when he's older? I dread him starting to go over to friends houses, learning to drive, and being somewhere that I can't protect him. What should I do?

if you want to get used to someone else taking care of him, and want to learn to trust someone else, maybe you should seek out a person who you htink is ok, and let her play, and be with your boy when you're at home too, first oyu stay with them, then you go do some laundry or something, letting them alone, but still being around, and after that is ok, you go out to a neighbour or the store for 5 or ten minutes, and make the periods of time longer and longer, and going further away. this might be scary, but if your kid falls when you're not there, he'll cry, and be comforted by the sitter, and it's okay, it won't be the end of the world.

it might be a good idea to find someone who's had kids, or an education to work with kids, maybe it will be easier to trust them.

just take small steps at the time, and accept that you're worried, but don't let it control you

September 14, 2007, 11:14 am CDT

i'm sorry to hear that

Quote From: penny_lady

I am so sorry...I hope everything is ok.
i hope everything works out, and hope they find what is going on. just try and enjoy life with him the best you can.

September 21, 2007, 1:59 pm CDT

Quote From: miekje

if you want to get used to someone else taking care of him, and want to learn to trust someone else, maybe you should seek out a person who you htink is ok, and let her play, and be with your boy when you're at home too, first oyu stay with them, then you go do some laundry or something, letting them alone, but still being around, and after that is ok, you go out to a neighbour or the store for 5 or ten minutes, and make the periods of time longer and longer, and going further away. this might be scary, but if your kid falls when you're not there, he'll cry, and be comforted by the sitter, and it's okay, it won't be the end of the world.

it might be a good idea to find someone who's had kids, or an education to work with kids, maybe it will be easier to trust them.

just take small steps at the time, and accept that you're worried, but don't let it control you

that person that posted last just gave you VERY good advise!! thats a great idea!! im only 20.. so it hasnt been too long since i was a teenager, and i know how teenages are when their parents are too over protective. And they can be alot worse when they do finally get out. Im not meaning to scare you (in case i was) just let you know.. that your boy will be fine!! and dont over do it while hes young. you want him to grow into a socialble, confident boy right?? so you have to start sometime, better sooner than later!! i hope you can get past your fears, you deserve a break!! you've been working hard for 2 years! he will be fine! :-D 

December 15, 2007, 11:36 pm CST

I am very sorry your son is sick and am hoping that you have heard better news since the time you posted this message. i will keep you and your son in my thoughts

January 31, 2008, 10:03 am CST

Having a baby definatly changed my life

So, in october i had a ceserean with my child, first one, and it was awesome. I love my little girl. She keeps me happy and glad to be alive. Its changed alot of things, from going full time at my job to part time every other weekend, but i love it. I love being home and taking care of my girl.

March 24, 2008, 3:08 pm CDT

Having my children has made my life perfect.  I'm 22 and had my twin girls 3 months after my 21st birthday.  I didn't mind what so ever!!  They are 18 months old now and are the best blessing I could've ever been given.

When I was 16 I was told by my doctor that I would never have children with out going through a lot of fertility treatments and what not.  I never really accepted that.  My husband and I had a very rough relationship and had actually split up about a week and half before I found out that I was pregnant.  Since our girls were born though, he has grown up a LOT.  He is a WONDERFUL father and the perfect husband.  I know that can't be normal for our situation and I am incredably blessed for that.

Being a mother has completed my life.  I've never understood why some people (especially those near my age) look at having children as ruining their lives.  My girls are my world and my life.  I feel blessed for every second I have with them.  Of course it gets stressful, especially with twin toddlers and I have days that I just HAVE to get out of the house for a bit (I'm a stay at home mom), but I love it.

I think becoming a mother is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and I can't wait to have more children!

April 9, 2008, 6:28 am CDT

Kaleb

At 24 I found out i was expecting my son. I was thrilled. Unfortunetly shortly there after, my ex became jealous and became violent towards me. The abuse was enough that I decided to leave and never look back, and at 6 months pregnant, i started life on my own. Because of my son, he has allowed me to see the strength in me that I didnt even know existed. He has truly inspired me to be a better woman. Because of him, my self esteem has rocketed and I am now achieving the career goals that I previously thought I could not do. Because of him, I see life's little blessing, and am able to take life with a grain of salt. It is true when they say you never know love untill you have your child. It has been an incredibly tough road to get here though. Being the only parent has it's moments of immense stress. After my son was born, I not only dealt with post partum all by myself, but I had to deal with the fact that I was, in fact, on my own. It was Kaleb and I against the world so to speak. I have had to learn to accept that money will always be an issue, and that having a personal life just isnt in the cards right now. I have also had to learn to accept that just because he has no father, doesnt make me a bad person, or make us an "abnormal" family. Family is what yo make of it. But I wouldnt change a thing. Before my son, life was on a downward spiral that probably would have ended badly. But now, he has given me something to live and breathe for. Every time I hear him tell me he loves me, or see him smile, my heart swells up. I never thought that a two year old could completely change my life and the way I see the world. I never thought that my child would or could inspire me to achieve my goals, and allow me to see that I am a strong independant woman, couragous, and worth while. I am greatful that I am at a great place in my life and it is all because of my child.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last