Message Boards

Topic : Having a Baby Has Changed My Life

Number of Replies: 78
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:03 pm
Author : dataimport
From bliss to total chaos, having a baby can change your life in many ways. Share your personal experience of how a baby has changed your life.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 17, 2005, 6:32 pm CDT

Having a Baby Has Changed My Life

Quote From: pederson12

My son dylan...i am 20 years old and i did a stupid thing when i was 18, barely, i got pregnant, Now this was the hardest thing i had every done i was just a kid didnt know any better i met a guy and we talked for a couple months then bam dylan was coming no if ands or buts, so many nights i cried because i kept telling my self that i could do this that i wasnt ready that i wanted to wait until i got married, Well Dylan is now 20 months old and i couldnt have been more blessed, he has changed my life around, he made me grow up, made me become an adult, I look back and dont know where i would be or who i would have become if i wouldnt of had dylan but you know what none of that bothers me because i love who i have become and i am still with Dylans father we arent married and a part of me is glad, Although i am still young and dont get to go out much i wouldnt change anything in the world, because i know that i am the happiest i have ever been in my life.  

i was 16  when i got pregnant with my son and i am now 23 and i would never change having him, i agree with you about the babies making us grow up , if i would not of had him i would have gone the wrong way, he changed my life for the best.i think being a mom is the best thing in the world, but i would not suggest that young girls have babies it is very hard,

October 20, 2005, 12:18 am CDT

My baby boy!

I just had first baby a boy in april 2005 when I was 22 and at first he didn't feel like he was my son. I mean I knew he was my son but I thought I was supposed to have this instant love for him and I didn't. I thought maybe something was wrong with me. Maybe I just don't have any mottherly instincts or maybe I was just weird. None of my other friends had any kids so there was no one I could talk to about my feelings. But as time has gone on I love him more and more. Now it seems like I don't know what I would do without him. I can't imagine him being here. I think love happens over time. I loved him when he was first born but I know now what it really is like to be a mother and to have that unconditional love for your child. Recently a friend of mine had a baby and she felt the same way as I did. It was great to help her through it and great for me to know that I wasn't alone in my feelings. Keep up the good work moms! We have to stick together to raise our beautiful children!

December 15, 2005, 10:40 pm CST

i was recently taken back to a time when my son, who will be 3 next month, was a baby again.  He found home videos of himself at grandma's.  You see your children getting older and you imagine how they will be, but sometimes I think we forget the  way they were when they first come into this world, small, fragile, and so dependent on you to keep them fed and warm.  Of course, with my son,being the age that he is, is going through a testing period with me and daddy.  Sometimes we do get frustrated and overwhelmed, but seeing him again as a baby and then looking at him now, it was crazy.  He is turning into a little person of his own, one that wants to do things for himself.  Having my son was one of the greatest moments in my life.  He and my daughter are some of the reasons why I feel my life is good.  My daughter just turned 4 months and I know I have to cherish every moment with her as well, for she too will grow into a little person who will want to do things herself.  My children have changed my life for the better, they keep me going constantly, they remind me that they will be young for only so long and then they grow up, graduate school, marry, and will maybe have children of their own.  Having children has helped me realize the important things in life.  Anyone who has had a baby should understand.

December 30, 2005, 5:03 pm CST

so much in common

Quote From: newmommy21

I just had first baby a boy in april 2005 when I was 22 and at first he didn't feel like he was my son. I mean I knew he was my son but I thought I was supposed to have this instant love for him and I didn't. I thought maybe something was wrong with me. Maybe I just don't have any mottherly instincts or maybe I was just weird. None of my other friends had any kids so there was no one I could talk to about my feelings. But as time has gone on I love him more and more. Now it seems like I don't know what I would do without him. I can't imagine him being here. I think love happens over time. I loved him when he was first born but I know now what it really is like to be a mother and to have that unconditional love for your child. Recently a friend of mine had a baby and she felt the same way as I did. It was great to help her through it and great for me to know that I wasn't alone in my feelings. Keep up the good work moms! We have to stick together to raise our beautiful children!
I am also a new mommy at the age of 22 my son was born july 2005 and in the beggining i had motherly instincts but I had to adjust to being someones mother i didnt feel like it at all times so yes i had to also adjust to that but he is great just seeing him going through the different stages of learning is beautiful so yes keep up the good work mothers we do have to stick together because no one understand us better than we do.

January 5, 2006, 5:33 pm CST

TOTALLY AGREE 110%....

Quote From: elffie

i was recently taken back to a time when my son, who will be 3 next month, was a baby again.  He found home videos of himself at grandma's.  You see your children getting older and you imagine how they will be, but sometimes I think we forget the  way they were when they first come into this world, small, fragile, and so dependent on you to keep them fed and warm.  Of course, with my son,being the age that he is, is going through a testing period with me and daddy.  Sometimes we do get frustrated and overwhelmed, but seeing him again as a baby and then looking at him now, it was crazy.  He is turning into a little person of his own, one that wants to do things for himself.  Having my son was one of the greatest moments in my life.  He and my daughter are some of the reasons why I feel my life is good.  My daughter just turned 4 months and I know I have to cherish every moment with her as well, for she too will grow into a little person who will want to do things herself.  My children have changed my life for the better, they keep me going constantly, they remind me that they will be young for only so long and then they grow up, graduate school, marry, and will maybe have children of their own.  Having children has helped me realize the important things in life.  Anyone who has had a baby should understand.

After reading this to myself and then reading this out aloud to my hubby, we both have to say that this message says it all!! 

We have a a beautiful daughter, Stephanie who is now 3 and a half years of age and yes its so hard to think of what she was like as a tiny baby girl. I think it's more than time to pull out her baby videos and have a good look!! LOL!!  

Stephanie has gone from a tiny little one who at birth was so peaceful and has been up until now, we know only too well how blessed we are to have such a wonderful child. God has been soooooo good to us. 

Yes, Stephanie is most definately her own little person in so many ways, she just amazes my hubby and I with all the things that she does and says and we know that the day will come that she will get married and have her own children(if thats what she and her hubby wants). I'm just glad that that will not be for many years to come as hubby and I want our little girl to stay with us as long as possible!! LOL!! 

Yes, children do change your life, but it's a very good change and to those of us that have been blessed with God's Gifts(Children) you will more than understand that 110%. 

TAKE CARE and enjoy your families, LOVE KELLY. 

February 13, 2006, 9:15 am CST

my son is the best thing that has happend to me

I am 18 years old and I have a son that is 15 months old. I became pregnant with him when I was barely 16. I was terrified and depressed because i had no idea what I was going to do. My sons father and I decided that we could do this and that we were going to raise our child. So as time went on, I became more and more excited about having a child. Almost a month before my son was born my boyfriend and I moved in together and thats when I realized what he was really like. He wasn't the person that I thought he was. We had been dating for like a year and a half before I became pregnant and all that time he was pretending to be someone that he wasn't. I was scared because I didn't know what to do, he was really the only person I could depend on, so like a stupid teenager I decided to stay and deal with the problems and try to work things out for the sake of my child. That's when things got really bad, he became so controlling and manipulative he made me feel like I was nothing, like I didn't exist in his world. On the very few times we went out as a couple, he acted like he was embarassed of me because I was pregnant. I felt so dirty and ashamed because if he looked at me that way who else did? So as the last few months of my pregnancy went on, I just tried to remind myself that I would be having a child soon and I had to learn to act more mature and try my best to be the mother that my son deserves. Finally, that special day came and I went into labor at my best friends house. I just remember being so scared out of my mind I had no idea what to do, but my friends mother was there and she helped me a lot. My boyfriend didnt get there until we were on our way to the hospital. He was with his friends and didnt want to be bothered until it was almost time to have our son. He told me he hated  me and that I was a b. Words cant describe how much that hurt me. I couldn't believe that he could say that to me when I was in labor with his child!!  So after 24 hours of labor, 3 hrs of pushing, 4 epidurals that didn't work finally I had my angel baby by C-Section. I was really drugged up so I can't really remember seeing him for the 1st time, but I can remember his beautiful cry. it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I finally started to get a clear head about an hour after the birth and that's when I finally got to hold my son. He was beyond beautiful, he looked up at me and it was like an instant connection, he knew I was his mother and I knew he was my son. It was the best day of my life. I love my son in so many different ways, he is the best thing that has ever happend to me. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I would be. He is my angel baby. 

February 13, 2006, 10:31 am CST

Quote From: jmsamh2004

I am 18 years old and I have a son that is 15 months old. I became pregnant with him when I was barely 16. I was terrified and depressed because i had no idea what I was going to do. My sons father and I decided that we could do this and that we were going to raise our child. So as time went on, I became more and more excited about having a child. Almost a month before my son was born my boyfriend and I moved in together and thats when I realized what he was really like. He wasn't the person that I thought he was. We had been dating for like a year and a half before I became pregnant and all that time he was pretending to be someone that he wasn't. I was scared because I didn't know what to do, he was really the only person I could depend on, so like a stupid teenager I decided to stay and deal with the problems and try to work things out for the sake of my child. That's when things got really bad, he became so controlling and manipulative he made me feel like I was nothing, like I didn't exist in his world. On the very few times we went out as a couple, he acted like he was embarassed of me because I was pregnant. I felt so dirty and ashamed because if he looked at me that way who else did? So as the last few months of my pregnancy went on, I just tried to remind myself that I would be having a child soon and I had to learn to act more mature and try my best to be the mother that my son deserves. Finally, that special day came and I went into labor at my best friends house. I just remember being so scared out of my mind I had no idea what to do, but my friends mother was there and she helped me a lot. My boyfriend didnt get there until we were on our way to the hospital. He was with his friends and didnt want to be bothered until it was almost time to have our son. He told me he hated  me and that I was a b. Words cant describe how much that hurt me. I couldn't believe that he could say that to me when I was in labor with his child!!  So after 24 hours of labor, 3 hrs of pushing, 4 epidurals that didn't work finally I had my angel baby by C-Section. I was really drugged up so I can't really remember seeing him for the 1st time, but I can remember his beautiful cry. it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I finally started to get a clear head about an hour after the birth and that's when I finally got to hold my son. He was beyond beautiful, he looked up at me and it was like an instant connection, he knew I was his mother and I knew he was my son. It was the best day of my life. I love my son in so many different ways, he is the best thing that has ever happend to me. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I would be. He is my angel baby. 

This guy is abusive, I sure hope you are not still living with him for if you are and he still treats you like dirt, it will continue. My children are wonderfula nd the most beautiful little girls I know, My husband and I are blessed and sometimes are speechless when it comes to how good we have it with our babies and thre is absolutley no way, my husband would treat me, his wife and the mother of his children like yours treats you, you owe it to your child to give him the best, loving and caring atmosphere that you can, remember, we teach people how to treat us, hope all is going well for you, you deserve to be treated with love, honor and respect and for the sake of your child, I hope this is happening.

February 20, 2006, 7:57 pm CST

Best thing in the world

When i found out i was pregnant i was 2 months from being 18. I was a little worried because my boyfriend didnt have a permanent job and i was worried about what my family would say, and we were living with my boyfriends family. Now i am 2 days from being 19, i have a beautiful almost 6 month old little girl and my boyfriend is now my fiance and has a full time job.  I am so very happy. I had a rotten pregnancy but now i have been rewarded with what the hospital called the most well behaved baby in 5 years. I feel totally blessed. My baby is the best thing to ever happen to me. She has definately changed my life... FOR THE BETTER!

February 27, 2006, 6:07 pm CST

Totally Agree

Quote From: xxkkatieex

When i found out i was pregnant i was 2 months from being 18. I was a little worried because my boyfriend didnt have a permanent job and i was worried about what my family would say, and we were living with my boyfriends family. Now i am 2 days from being 19, i have a beautiful almost 6 month old little girl and my boyfriend is now my fiance and has a full time job.  I am so very happy. I had a rotten pregnancy but now i have been rewarded with what the hospital called the most well behaved baby in 5 years. I feel totally blessed. My baby is the best thing to ever happen to me. She has definately changed my life... FOR THE BETTER!

I totally agree, I am 21 yrs old now (just) lol i had my son at the age of 20, Bailey will be 1 next month, boy it's changed me and my life too. 

There has been so many things i have learnt to adapt to and overcome, like my fear of spiders. (haha) 

I am a mother and a wife, we only have the one child at the moment, but it is such a joy to have had my son growing inside me and then to hold him in my arms for the first time, was such a special moment for me, one i had waited for and longed for for a very long time. 

My husband at the time, too was very unstable, didn't have a full time job and we could hardly pay the bills we had coming in, since getting married My husband has become a manager of a company, has been given a company vichele and also we are now living comfortably. 

Our baby has bought so much happiness and joy to our lives and i can't imagine life any other way! 

It's great news to hear things are working out for you too, and i hope to talk again soon. 

xxx 

March 3, 2006, 7:07 pm CST

No telling where I'd be

I never wanted children.  I actually wanted my tubes tied at 16, but no one would do it.  I am so thankful now.    I was 25 and in the Marines when I got pregnant from a 2 week relationship with a man that I currently cannot seem to get along with.  While I was still scared and iffy even at 8-months pregnant, I never imagined how much he would change me. 

Evan, my son, makes me want to be a better person and he keeps me searching for truth and goodness in this world.  I am an attachment parent and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I have patience that I never knew existed and I finally know what unconditional love feels like.  I love my son, not only that but I also like him too.  He makes me feel like my life has a purpose and I feel so important and needed.   

When he sleeps so peacefully and snuggles in so close I swear I cry everytime and he is 18-months old now.  He warms my heart and renews my soul.  If it weren't for him I hate to think of where I would have ended up. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last