Message Boards

Topic : *A Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Escaping Danger

Number of Replies: 113
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 01:34:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The statistics are staggering. One in three women will become the victim of domestic violence. She could be your next door neighbor, your friend, your coworker.  To the outside world their lives seem normal but behind closed doors they live a nightmare full of intimidation and violence. For one woman, years of violence have brought her to a point of no return. Throughout her marriage, Kerry suffered physical and emotional torture at the hands of her husband. Like many women, she lived in fear, isolated from any help or support, until now.  In this important Dr. Phil Prime Time Special, Kerry will attempt to escape the abuse. She has only a narrow window in time to make her move.  And what she does in those few hours could be the difference between life and death. Kerry's dramatic story is an inspiration for the hundreds of thousands of women who wake terrified in their own homes. Airs at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) only on CBS.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 9, 2006, 5:01 am CDT

Candy........

Quote From: hairdyepro

Just thought I'd say thanks for the kind words in the earlier replies to my posts. I have been quite busy. Lets see, I have seen a counselor at a domestic abuse shelter in my area, Gotten my own cell phone in my name (since he cut the one I had off), made an appointment with a lawyer that the shelter recommended and got a job. I feel better-still not worthy but better-about my situation and my standing. Mentally I am still wrapping my head around the fact that I was sexually abused as well as emotionally/verbally abused by my SOON to be ex. Not soon enough! What a bastard! YES I am mad at this point to think that any person thinks that they have the right to treat another person that way. I am slowly coming around.  With my sisters' help (shes been thru this exact situation) I will be fine.  I just hope one day I can help someone else the way she is helping me right now. Hell if I can go from crying uncontrollably to this in this amount of time then he better watch out cause I'll be able to face him down in court and know that he is an abuser and I wasn't to blame. Now don't get me wrong, I still got things to work out in my head but things are better!!!!  I will keep posting that way my story might help someone else figure out that they need to get out---plain and simple.... 

Thanks again for the support 

Candy 

That is fantastic! You go girl! It feels great doesn't it. Long ways to go.......but a big step towards your healing.......and yes, come to chatter with us at the abuse board. We need you! 

God Bless, Nora 

June 9, 2006, 5:26 am CDT

OOOPS!

Quote From: noraann

That is fantastic! You go girl! It feels great doesn't it. Long ways to go.......but a big step towards your healing.......and yes, come to chatter with us at the abuse board. We need you! 

God Bless, Nora 

LOL...I am SO much embarrassed! I thought you all meant the sexual abuse board. Dah to me....you all meant the "abuse" board. Sorry..........(but if you have had a sexual abuse in your life, come chatter with us to) 

Nora 

June 11, 2006, 7:43 pm CDT

Thanks for the directions

Quote From: curly_1

Copy and paste into your address bar and it will take you there. 

http://www.drphil.com/messageboard/topic/181/ 

I get lost a lot so thanks for the directions to the abuse board. I'm new to using the puter so I get lost a lot.. 

Thanks for the help guys 

Candy 

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page | Last Page