Message Boards

Topic : *A Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Escaping Danger

Number of Replies: 113
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 01:34:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The statistics are staggering. One in three women will become the victim of domestic violence. She could be your next door neighbor, your friend, your coworker.  To the outside world their lives seem normal but behind closed doors they live a nightmare full of intimidation and violence. For one woman, years of violence have brought her to a point of no return. Throughout her marriage, Kerry suffered physical and emotional torture at the hands of her husband. Like many women, she lived in fear, isolated from any help or support, until now.  In this important Dr. Phil Prime Time Special, Kerry will attempt to escape the abuse. She has only a narrow window in time to make her move.  And what she does in those few hours could be the difference between life and death. Kerry's dramatic story is an inspiration for the hundreds of thousands of women who wake terrified in their own homes. Airs at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) only on CBS.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2006, 1:41 am CDT

Child Abuse show 5/15/06

Can anyone tell me why the show that aired 5/15/06 about that psychotic woman who beats and tortures her kids is not mentioned anywhere here on the boards?  I know the show was moved up, and had been scheduled two weeks from now, but I can not be the only person who was incensed by this woman's behavior.  

Dr. Phil, if you don't have those children removed from that house, you are as guilty as they are.  The step-dad, who supposedly is the good guy in all this, kicks them with steel toed boots and beats them with a stick.  He's just going to stop doing that?  

You think that woman is going to stop doing these things just because she's going to get therapy?  Those kids need to be in a safe environment, and in this case, that is NOT with their parents.  If I had at least one more bedroom I would volunteer.  

Dr. Phil, please.  Unless you are going to be sleeping on the sofa and watching her day and night, you can't be sure she won't do this again and again.  

I've never written anything to anyone about anything that has affected me like this has.  You have to do something.  

Dallas  

May 18, 2006, 3:29 am CDT

Show??

Was it on the 15th? All I saw was the president . We scanned the tube to see what else was on and it was a BAD! night for TV. We shut down and went to bed! Will it air in two weeks?? Does anyone know????? 

May 18, 2006, 6:18 am CDT

I believe it is under "5/8 a mother's rage"

Quote From: dallasn

Can anyone tell me why the show that aired 5/15/06 about that psychotic woman who beats and tortures her kids is not mentioned anywhere here on the boards?  I know the show was moved up, and had been scheduled two weeks from now, but I can not be the only person who was incensed by this woman's behavior.  

Dr. Phil, if you don't have those children removed from that house, you are as guilty as they are.  The step-dad, who supposedly is the good guy in all this, kicks them with steel toed boots and beats them with a stick.  He's just going to stop doing that?  

You think that woman is going to stop doing these things just because she's going to get therapy?  Those kids need to be in a safe environment, and in this case, that is NOT with their parents.  If I had at least one more bedroom I would volunteer.  

Dr. Phil, please.  Unless you are going to be sleeping on the sofa and watching her day and night, you can't be sure she won't do this again and again.  

I've never written anything to anyone about anything that has affected me like this has.  You have to do something.  

Dallas  

under the May 2006 show message boards & it is titled "5/08 A mother's rage"

May 18, 2006, 6:19 am CDT

I believe the show airs on Friday 5/19

Quote From: noraann

Was it on the 15th? All I saw was the president . We scanned the tube to see what else was on and it was a BAD! night for TV. We shut down and went to bed! Will it air in two weeks?? Does anyone know????? 

May 18, 2006, 7:10 am CDT

*A Dr. Phil Prime Time Special: Escaping Danger

Quote From: dallasn

Dallas  

If you check it is called A Mother's Rage on 05/18 

Copy and paste this link if you can't find it. 

http://www.drphil.com/messageboard/topic/1317 

He has made a statement about what was done in RED! 

I wish people would have more faith in Dr. Phil!! 

Remember that he does his hows in advance and he will do 

what is needed to protect any child from such abuse. 

May 19, 2006, 2:29 pm CDT

Dah!

Quote From: noraann

.........If I looked on the home page I would have seen the advertisement! Not enough coffee.....LOL...I will be plugged into it tonight! As I hope alot of men and women will be.......

May 19, 2006, 6:02 pm CDT

Prime time-"Escaping Danger"

Dr. Phil, It's a noble gesture to offer help to the abusive husband, but I've read that statistically abusers are almost as unrehabilitative as are pedophiles. We are products of our upbringing, but  

when we are adults we have the free will to make choices, to change and to be in control of our own destinies. I was in an extremely abusive marriage. He tied me up, choked me, sexually and 

physically abused me while stating that he was going to kill me. I did fear for my life. I knew I was 

going to die. I did get out. I ran for my life. I have seen , not only in my case, but in others, where 

the abuser never takes responsibility, is never held accountable for their actions. As you stated in 

the show, " it's always someone else's fault "  " You made me do it " was a familiar mantra. I think  

it's essential that eventually I forgive, but for my peace of mind, not his. I truly believe, however, that 

once an abuser, always an abuser, no matter how many hours of therapy they accumulate. And I  

am curious, was the point of interviewing the abusive husband , to attempt to understand his mindset for future reference? 

May 19, 2006, 6:11 pm CDT

Best of Luck to This Woman

this show was very moving..I hope the 'happy ending' happens..but I've been this woman and I work with these women all the time...they get out of one abusive relationship, get their self confidence back, etc. and so on, but because they are basically seeking a 'strong' man, they find another abuser, or worse, go back to the same man.  If Dr Phil can really make a difference in this epidemic, my hat's off to him..I read a book years ago, called Women Who Love Too Much..it changed my life, along with a lot of counseling and many years in Alanon, I no longer am attacted to 'bad' boys..but the chances of women with this dependent personalities pulling out of the cycle, are very low.  We just had an high profile attorney in my city shoot his wife and then kill himself.  It's tragic, but becoming more common..dependent personality disorder is a true psychological problem and practically incurable. :(

May 19, 2006, 6:14 pm CDT

Get Mad!!

All  I can say to these abused women is get  mad!!  I watched my best friend be abused for ten years - she married him twice before she finally  realized if he really loved her he wouldn't beat her because the electric bill came in , or try to burn the baby with cigarettes because he had a bad day.  Even when she finally left him she would keep me up til the wee hours crying that she would never love that way again !?!  (She did find out that wasn't true and went on to find someone who really did love her).  All I can say is if anyone ever hits me, he better not go to sleep in the same house that I'm in - I'll make sure he doesn't ever, ever do that again!  Ladies it's time to fight back, it's not your fault!!!!!!!!  Nobody should ever have to live in fear for their safety.

May 19, 2006, 6:25 pm CDT

missed it

missed the special tonight . I watched  chanel five today with the preveiws , and come to find out it was on CBS ,  I hope it will air again.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last