Message Boards

Topic : 08/10 Abandoned

Number of Replies: 533
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 19, 2006, 10:11:45 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/23/06) Imagine being 10 years old, going to the park with your mother and sister and before you know it, you're alone and must fend for yourself. Michael was abandoned at a park carousel 22 years ago, and life as he knew it ended there. He has never stopped searching for his mother and sister, but he's been unable to find any trace of them. When Dr. Phil connects him with a private investigator, his whole world changes again. See what happens when he confronts the woman who abandoned him more than two decades ago. Will he get the answers he's looking for? Was his mother searching for him, and is she the same woman he remembers? Michael also learns some shocking news about his sister. Then, Dr. Phil surprises Michael with two women who never gave up their quest to find him. And, meet the amazing people Michael now calls Mom and Dad. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 23, 2006, 7:20 am CDT

how is it that dr phil can find thease evil people

you know dr phil youe relly amazing you have done what our law enforcement has failed to do im watching the show at this very moment boy i hope micheal gets his ancers, why do we pay law enfircement they cant do nothing it takes dr phil to leed them by the hand to law breakers and i mean fellons who have been undiscovered untill dr phil puts them on tv,dr phil please dont get mad but im givin you a nicname  bloodhound phil, lol  your relly that good,nothing or no one eascapes from you  we need to get to the problem of how someone can go 22 years without ever being caught 

May 23, 2006, 7:25 am CDT

Abandoned

Quote From: chjude1

I agree with you Lucy, I am an adoptive mother and I pray that I have given my children a better life than if they stayed with their birth parents and familys. I know the stories about their lives and it isn't a pretty tale. A lot of re-union shows between birthparents and children are not the usual stories. I figure that if you gave your child up or had the child taken from you for say severe drug use, than you don't get to come in on my Childs life after they are all grown up! I was there when my children were sick, needed me and became my child with a bond on so strong. I believe MIchael will be hurt all over again and I can't see the good in that. I will pray for you MIchael. Cheryl

Hello Michael: 

My mom left me at the age of 3 months  in a boarding house.  My aunt came to see me on Monday after school.  The landlord said I had been crying all weekend and that she had not seen my mother either.  She ran off to Calfiornia with my dad.  I know you will always be asking why!  Even if you have answers they don't seem to help much..........they don't seem to satisfy you.  It's like there is really is no excuse unless they died for some reason.  My grandmother adopted me so I grew up knowing my mom.  She died in a car accident when I was 18 yrs old.  At first I missed her but it seem as I got older I realized she didn't want me and then I found the paperwork to prove it.  I had a sister that she did not keep either.    It's sad to say we are not alone in this.  I hope you will find happiness with the people that love you the most and forget about the past. 

May 23, 2006, 7:31 am CDT

Michael

I know it must be hard for you. My mother abandoned my 3 siblings and I one day at a neighbors house. I was 7. I have never seen her since and think that it is for the best. It seems as if Mom's did alot of that 20-30 years ago. I have been trough alot in my life and it never stops but I am a happy person who has learned that is wasn't my fault. Just like it wasn't your fault. Life is hard but you can make it. Be strong. Best wishes Wendy M.

May 23, 2006, 7:36 am CDT

05/23 Abandoned

I hope that after the show, Mike realizes that he was in no way responsible for his "mother's" mental problems. It wasn't his fault she did the things she did and continues to do. She's a manipulator and is looking for anyone to take responsibility for the things she's done.  She's most likely in need of institutionalized help, but I doubt she'll ever take it. She's too far gone, delusional. 

Mike, you're an incredible man. Having survived her abuse and abandonment and you have a lovely wife and a family of your own and you're far the better person for it. Keep strong!  

May 23, 2006, 7:40 am CDT

thinking ...

Quote From: bec_bee

You know it's easy to be a good parent when you have a good example to follow.  Being a good parent or spouse when you come from a background like yours is so much harder.  Your lovely wife and gorgeous children are a credit to the beautiful person that you are.  You have come so far and I am so pleased that you have a great life now.  Keep living and loving - you are a man whose life is destined to be full of love and happiness.
 We feel that we all deserve the best lives available when we are good people but  life doesn't always turn out the way we want it to. This is why it is so important to focus on what we have and not  on what we don't have. Unfortunately bad  things happen to all of us in one way or another. If we all turned angry and negative when these things happened to us  there wouldn't be anyone left to pick up the pieces so it is very important to accept things and to move on ...especially not taking on unnecessary blame for things that were out of ones control. I think it's  easier to feel sorry for someone else who has hurt you than to hate them. It works for me..

May 23, 2006, 7:42 am CDT

abandoned

its  sad to  see  a mom leave her child in a park or anywhere!   it was not right!   his mom  has a cold heart!  also  she  acts  like shes mental  ill.    i don't think shes in her right mind, all them drugs and drinking did that to her!  she really needs help.  i am just glad her son  made it and  now has a good life!   hes been throw alot!     i  think  she  should have  never had kids in the first place, if she was going to mess her life up with drugs and drinking. the woman needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   best wishes to the son and his  family.  god bless them

May 23, 2006, 7:56 am CDT

I'm so sorry . . .

This is probably the saddest story I have ever heard.  And I am shocked by all of the posts from people who have had the same thing happen to them.  I remember being "lost" at the local Target store and that left a scar on me.  I cannot comprehend what these people have gone though.  I am so sorry that this is what life delt you - you all deserved better. 

May 23, 2006, 7:56 am CDT

abandoned

Hello I have a simular story.I was 4 years old and we were at my aunts house she had older children I was 4 and they were like 12 and 14.Well long story short I was brutally molested by my cousins.I told my mom and she told me don't tell your father it will cause family problems.Well at 4 I didn't know so I didn'tb tell my dad I thought I would get in trouble.My mom would still leave me at my aunts house for 2-5 days at a time.I say brutally raped because I was not only molested by there private parts but with curling irons and sticks stuff like that.This went on untill I was 12 and I had to take health in school thats when I learned that this was not normal.I told them if they touched me again I was going to tell thats how it stopped.Well years went by and I got pregnant at 14 I was a daady's girl all the way.My dad died 2 weeks before I had my oldest son.Then it was me ,my mom,and my baby.Some more years went by I got married my mom lived with us I had more kids and my mom got real sick had a stroke and I took care of her wiped her bathed her feed her everything my 2 siblings would not help so i did it all.My mom died when I was 21 years old.I never ever asked her why she did nothing and why she kept leaving me there I wish I would have asked her.I feel like I did something bad or she hated me and that was my punishment.Both my parents died in my house in front of me I feel like that was a punishment to.Well enough about that.I was never abandoned but sometimes I wish I would have and except for my dad I wish I would have been abandoned and raised by a different family.  

Keep well all and GOD BLESS  

Kimberly   

May 23, 2006, 7:57 am CDT

WOW!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this story. Being a mother myself of two children I could never understand why someone would do this to their precious child. How dare she!!! For all of the women out there who have difficulty conceiving children and then this "Mother" just leaves her child at the park. I guess all I can say now is LET GOD BE YOUR JUDGE!!!!!!  

May 23, 2006, 8:04 am CDT

Evil Person

Hi Michael,  

As I watched the show I could not hold back the tears for hearing your story.  There was no excuse for what that woman did to you. If she didn't want you their were relatives or friends that would have taken you. I see you turned out a better person without her, your adopted parents such be so proud of the way you turned out. I know that you and your wife are great parents and they are lucky to have you all. God bless you and your family and be proud of the person you have become.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last