Message Boards

Topic : 05/24 "Get My Groom to Grow Up!"

Number of Replies: 147
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 19, 2006, 10:14:02 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you feel like you're in a relationship with a man who's really a big baby? Angee says her fiancé, Bill, pouts, whines and stomps his feet whenever they get into an argument. He also calls "Mommy" five to 10 times a day and runs to her whenever there's a problem. Bill says he isn't a mama's boy, and that Angee just wants all of his attention for herself. Is Bill's mom meddling in their lives? And, why does Angee have her profile on a Web site? Are Angee and Bill grown up enough to tie the knot? Then, Rachel says it's time for her common–law husband, Tyler, to stop drinking and partying with his band mates, while she takes care of their baby and the bills. They've lived in his mother's basement for two years, and she says it's time Tyler gets a job so they can finally move out. Tyler says he enjoys being a kid, and when people tell him to grow up, it "harshes his mellow." Is Tyler's childish behavior affecting their 18-month-old son? What does Dr. Phil tell Rachel she must do? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 24, 2006, 12:16 pm CDT

learning but it took time

I was with this guy for ten years and I finally caught on that he had been cheating on me....he claimed that due to an accident which affected his brain, that he could not even get an erection so he could have sex.   But then I found pictures he had taken that showed different.  Sorry it took me so long to learn, but I believe I came out ahead in this game as I learned from it and my ex-boyfriend, he is doing the same.  I know the sign now and will not let it happen again.  LULU

May 24, 2006, 12:18 pm CDT

mamma's boy

This couple does not belong together. What grwon man has a slumber party with his mother. You have slumber with your freinds at 12&13. This is not normal I would run an dfind someone else.

May 24, 2006, 12:24 pm CDT

05/24 "Get My Groom to Grow Up!"

Quote From: afraid

i my self if i were a woman would never post a pic of me on the web thats dangerous, every sickoo in the country can stalk you that way, maybe dr phil needs to do a show on the dangers of  posting pics on the web, my god if you dont have safe search on  when you search a web site dont have the kids any whear near your computer, when searching immages its appaling to what you see, im scared to death now to ever do a immage search, its soo vulgar appaling and very nasty as to what comes in, my god ladies please have morrals dont post things like that on the web,
This is probably the wrong board for this. Are you wanting the board for yesterdays show?  I want to respond to this but this isn't the correct board.

May 24, 2006, 12:46 pm CDT

Go ahead and respond

Quote From: purplepain

This is probably the wrong board for this. Are you wanting the board for yesterdays show?  I want to respond to this but this isn't the correct board.
Purple, I think maybe "afraid" is referring to Angee's profile on myspace.com that we heard about towards the end of the their time on stage.  Remember how she said she needs attention and this is one thing she was doing that makes her feel good?  I would agree with Bill that it doesn't seem at all appropriate to be advertizing herself that way as an engaged woman.  Plus, isn't she a bit old for myspace?  (I know, 50 year old pedophiles are there trying to connect with kids, but a fullgrown woman doing this teen site to get attention?  I don't get it.)

May 24, 2006, 12:47 pm CDT

Big baby Husband "Mine"

Quote From: hatdpro

I don't know what will happen on the show...but here is my first thought ---DON'T MARRY HIM.  UGH.  

I have a husband who is 51 he whines all the time dose as little as he can get away with and expects pitty from everyone.  He can't make a decision without saying honey should I do this on little stuff that really dosen't matter.  He says I don't take care of him right!  I told him hell I am your wife not your mother!!!  I sometimes want to scream.  I am 13 years younger than him and he drives me nuts.  sometimes I just need me time, no I don't go out parting or anything like that.  I just like to do things for me once in a while.  Any time I starte a project of any kind he yells at me he needs me to do something make a decision or something of that nature and it can't wait it has to be "now".    

Oh, by the way we have been married almost two years but dated on and off for three before that at 51 if he is not grown up the chances that he will are highly unlikely!!!  

May 24, 2006, 12:54 pm CDT

Mom-in-law needs to respect

Mom-in-law needs to respect angee's decision on not smoking around the children.  Everyone agrees that Angee is a terrific mom.  Part of what makes her terrific is keeping her children healthy.  I am a smoker who does not smoke around my 2 sons.  (Never have.  Never will!)  My home and vehichle are smoke free.  I do not take my children to a place or residence that is filled with smoke.  If family members who smoke in the house want to see the children, I will meet them somewhere else.  This part of that conversation really teed me off.  She is the mother.  She is the one who decides.  She does not have to sit back and allow the children to come home and smell like smoke from the mom-in-laws house.  I wouldn't let them go either!  She can take it outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

May 24, 2006, 12:59 pm CDT

THIS IS FOR DR.PHIL

this tyler guy needs too grow up big time.dr,phil i think he is a waste of time.and as far as canada laws about living together its 6 months then your married commonlaw that is.dr.phil all canadains are not i repeat not that stuip.this tyler guy is crazy.hes two years old with an attuide  problem.anyway tyler grow up.and dr.phil you sure have your work cut oujt for you with this guy. 

cuddles 

ontario canada 

May 24, 2006, 1:04 pm CDT

bill it wont work

i lived with a mamas boy for a very long time and i finally walked away.he never did grow up and i had a son to think of my advise would be leave.unless of course dr.phil can help him.mamas boys usually stay mamas boys,i know i married one and hes still mamas boy but like i said i walked thank god.now my life is so much better.and i dont have to listen to the stumping and or criny i want my mummy. 

cuddles  

May 24, 2006, 1:04 pm CDT

similar situation

I just married someone who's parents dislike me because they no longer control his life.  He has a child from a previous relationship who they forced him to marry even though they knew he was not in love and far from happy. It was over in a year. They would have preferred him to play the role and be miserable the rest of his life just so their grandchild was around the corner.  Then along came me, who he actually fell in love with. He CHOSE me, without their permission and this is why they hate me.. they had no control and will never have any control over our relationship.  We have lived to gether for 3 years, plenty of time to get used to the idea that I am not going away.  They have said and done some very hurtful things to me and about me... and my children.  I am expected to live as if his child is the only child in the world yet my children will never be accepted is what he was told. In fact, he was told that if I wanted to stick around and help him with his child then stay with me but never marry me as they feel he could do better than me.  Define better?  Apparently I am perfect for him because for the first time in his life he is happy and he chose me.  A friend suggested that I just "suck it up" for the sake of his relationship with his parents... there comes a time when pride steps in.  I have extended the olive branch so many times, the tree is dead always to be kicked in the teeth.  The day of our wedding, his father approached our best man and made it perfectly clear that they did not condone this marriage, would not support it and felt that he was settling and could have done better....  and then had the audacity to complain that I had not included them in any of our wedding plans.  I sent numerous emails with updates with no response. I never once heard my phone ringing asking if there was anything they could do, what is expected of them... nothing.. after what I have been told over the years, why on earth would I think they wanted to be involved.  I just wish that some of these controlling parents would just sit back and see that we make these men happy and to accept that even if they dont want to accept the person.  That is all we ask.   In regards to Tyler the Canadian Punk Rocker..  Please do not let him embed an image of what all Canadians are like...  he is an embarrassment to my country.  He really needs to grow up and be responsible for the life he has made.

May 24, 2006, 1:25 pm CDT

Grow Up!

I just watched the show.  We enjoy your show here in Canada. 

I just want everyone to know that not all Canadians are like the guest today. Please do not stereotype.  There are some 20 somethings that do not want to take responsibility and grow up, but they are all over the world. 

I do not want your audience to get the impression that Canadians are free loaders!! In our family both my husband and I work full time. We also have 3 children and a 9 month old chocolate lab. We have a busy schedule. Our kids participate in many sports, hockey, basketball, taekwon do, soccer, volleyball and many other sports at school. My husband owns his own business and still finds time to volunteer as a coach and also in our community. 

If my daughter brought home someone like him, I would lock her in the basement!! 

It is time for him to grow up or get out! Life is too short and he is an influence on your son now! 

Canadian Viewer!! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last