Message Boards

Topic : 05/22 Predator Sting

Number of Replies: 721
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 19, 2006, 10:22:05 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
With the Internet right in your home, pedophiles have an easy way to make contact with your children. The only way to protect your kids from predators is to know how, when and where they operate. Dr. Phil uncovers the secret strategies of sexual predators. First, he teams up with former detective sergeant Rob Nickel to perform a serious and potentially dangerous undercover operation: to out a sexual predator working the Internet.  Follow the surprising turn of events when Dr. Phil gets the Las Vegas police involved. Then, social networking Web site MySpace.com boasts 73 million members, many of whom are kids. When a Dr. Phil producer sets up a fake MySpace account posing as a 15-year-old girl, you won’t believe the response she gets. Next, a concerned mom takes MySpace into her own hands. Learn her sneaky strategy for keeping tabs on her kids and see how far they are willing to go online. Plus, with over 750,000 predators on the Internet, wouldn't you like to know who might be living on your block, in your neighborhood, possibly even next door? Dr. Phil shows you how to find out, right from your own home.

To find registered sex offenders in your area, visit familywatchdog.us.

Staying Safe In A Wired World: A Parents Guide To Internet Safety  by Rob Nickel.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2006, 4:08 am CDT

05/22 Predator Sting

Quote From: hkandrsmom

I have a question for you.  

Have you reported this person? Have you made this predator known? (sorry, two questions) 

I do understand if you had personal contact with this person it is not as easy as said then done.  

Having said that however, I believe that we as a society have a responsibility. If we have an inkling of suspicion of impropriety, or know of it first hand, then we owe it to ourselves as well as to other potential victims to speak up, speak out to the appropriate people. They will investigate and when the allegations are found substantial then steps will be taken to remove this person from being in contact with future victims.  

If everyone did, then it is my hope that these sick individuals will never have an avenue for their depravity. Their victims will know that if they speak out, they will be heard. 

Please, for my children, all children, if you have not already,... report this person. Let his patterns be known. If everyone he came in contact with did so, he would have a hard time trying to come up with excuses to defend himself. The voice of many weighs hard on the courts. 

YES YES YES>>>>>>> Her silence is what I call ENABLING... Why protect him by not naming him?

First | Prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | Next Page | Last Page