Message Boards

Topic : The Best Baby Advice I Got

Number of Replies: 81
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:34 pm
Author : dataimport
Everyone's got advice when a baby's in tow. What's the best advice you've ever received?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 9, 2007, 7:18 am CDT

The Best Baby Advice I Got

gripe water is wonderful i used it also!! I think i got it at doctorstrust.com or something to that effect.

October 19, 2007, 1:41 pm CDT

Quote From: mothermoon

I have not ever heard of that book. I am sure it is great, but take it from a real mother. There isnt a book in the world that will give you any advice that is worth a darn..... 

And my real advice.....Do not take in everything you read....No book will be able to teach you anything about being a mom. Not even the ones from real moms.  

I am a mother and I have read this book and yes, I have to say, this is the best book advice I've ever read.  It's a great book and the advice in it works fantastic!  I recommend that every new mom read this book.

October 19, 2007, 1:48 pm CDT

Quote From: gilrat

I have a 3 year old and a 11 month old... for the past few weeks my 11 month old has being waking up every 3 hours screaming . reading your quote i'm thinking now she may have colic. my son didnt have any of the problems i am now having with my daughter. lack of sleep is driving me insane.....

Another great thing for babies with colic is the Amby Baby bed, to help  them sleep.  Just go to www.ambybaby.com to find out more info about it.  A friend of mine told me about it and I bought one.  Everyone in my family thought I was nuts because it looks like such a weird contraption, but my son LOVED it and slept great in it.  He slept better than any other babies I knew of.  I got so much sleep with this thing.  It's safe and it's JPMA certified.  I recommended it to another friend who has a baby with colic and she ordered it and said she loves it too.  Expensive, but worth it.

November 18, 2007, 8:57 pm CST

white noise worked for me

Quote From: proudtexasmom

Another great thing for babies with colic is the Amby Baby bed, to help  them sleep.  Just go to www.ambybaby.com to find out more info about it.  A friend of mine told me about it and I bought one.  Everyone in my family thought I was nuts because it looks like such a weird contraption, but my son LOVED it and slept great in it.  He slept better than any other babies I knew of.  I got so much sleep with this thing.  It's safe and it's JPMA certified.  I recommended it to another friend who has a baby with colic and she ordered it and said she loves it too.  Expensive, but worth it.
wow those are some interesting suggestions.  I have tried the gripe water which was ok but didnt see amazing results.  The one thing that worked for me which i still dont believe is my sister n law telling me about a vacuum cleaner.  she would run the vacuum to make her baby stop crying and it actually worked, so i just bought a cd online and sure enough it worked.  I thought it was total coincedence that my baby was falling asleep so i would always test it and turn off the cd right before he fell asleep and sure enough he would start his crying but as soon as the cd was on he was fast asleep.  I still wouldnt believe it worked unless i saw it with my own eyes.  theres a bunch of websites that sell them, i bought mine from www.byebyecrybaby.com  i only remember it cause its a cute name.

November 30, 2007, 4:45 pm CST

colic relief from a baby nurse

Quote From: rwc2002

My nephew had colic for 3 months, trust me we all helped out in shifts!!! Anyway, the best thing we found that worked is to wrap a heating pad in a towel and lay it across their belly, then wrap them very snug in a blanket. PLEASE BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH THE HEATING PAD!! It seemed like the warmer he was the better he felt......this may not work for everybody, but it definitly gave US some relief!!!!!
Hi
I work with babies. Is she breast or bottle fed. I can see some red blotches in your photo, is her skin red and flaky or is it just the photo...that can indicate a sensetivity to her milk. Warmth does help her tummy very much and being swaddled (miracle swaddle is brilliant). You can buy a colic heat pad on amazon test it on your inner arm for a good 3mns first. The hypoallergenic formulas are great for this....you have to introduce it slowly...introduce an ounce at a time and gradually decrease the milk she is getting and replace with hypoallergenic formula.(Nutrimigen, Alimentum etc) tasted awful but when she is taking only that she will get used to itand it WORKS!

hope this helps

November 30, 2007, 4:48 pm CST

reply from baby nurse

Quote From: proudtexasmom

At 11 months it very unlikely your baby has colic...it would have shown long before this. Is he/she getting enough to eat through the day, is she/he teething. I would be asking your doctor.and also having ears checked.

December 15, 2007, 11:21 pm CST

hello

Quote From: redbuteo

hi! My son too had a hemangioma. Where is your sons located?
my daughter has multiple heamngiomas. There are some good on-line support groups though MSN for vascular anomalies. that might help you find some local people for him to relate to if he is older, My daughter is under two She has PHACES Association  and we have met poepmle though those groups who are now close friends. I hope your son is doing well adn that your family and friends are being supportive and helpful~ wyndi

January 1, 2008, 6:06 pm CST

She demands to be held

My  two month old won't sleep well at all. She always wants me to hold her and that would be okay if I had more time off. My first daughter was nothing like this. This baby is a premie who has had a cold causing her to be stuffy. She is a healthy weight now but she doesn't act right? She flings her arms out for no reason. She gazes off more then I've seen most babies do. Always, always wants to sleep on my chest. She makes squeeling noises? I don't know what to do. I'm so at a loss........

February 24, 2008, 7:05 pm CST

Getting used to day care

I have 18 month old son. I have stayed at home with him so far. I just started to put him in the day care twice a week fo about 6 hours. He is having difficult time getting used to it. Any advice?

July 15, 2008, 3:38 pm CDT

My own advice- NOBODY ever gave me this one!!

The best advice is potty train your first child before you even get preggers with the next!  I didn't even think it would be such an issue with my toddler- she's just turned 3, and things were going good before her brother was born last year.  But she reverted back to diapers because I didn't have the consistency she needed for good results.

My target now is to get her potty trained in the daytime at least before she starts school next year.  Wish me luck- I need it desperately!

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last