Message Boards

Topic : 05/26 Summer Slim

Number of Replies: 566
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 19, 2006, 10:38:31 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The beach, bathing suits and vowing to get in shape -- all signs summer is approaching. Dr. Phil's guests are trying to overcome the roadblocks that keep them from their best bikini bodies. Helen hasn't worn a bathing suit since she was 12. Dr. Phil cameras follow her as she tries on bathing suits for the first time in 30 years. Hear from other women who also have issues wearing swimsuits. Next, Julie has lost 165 pounds, but her husband, Kelly, says she's not skinny enough, and he would be embarrassed if she wore a bathing suit. Kelly says he needs Julie to weigh 150 pounds. Can this marriage survive Kelly's demands? Then, Melissa is getting married in October, so she challenged her sister, Kim, to a friendly weight loss competition, but it's turned into a fierce battle. Both girls will stop at nothing to win. See the antics they use to one-up each other and sabotage each other's efforts. And, Ed wants to be a trophy husband in time for his anniversary this summer. Can he learn to say no to the foods that call his name and tempt his tummy? Plus, big surprises for the guests and audience. Find out how you can get in on the action. If you need to shed some winter weight and slim down before stepping on the beach, this show is for you! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 22, 2006, 8:06 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: sclark2u

I would not lose weight for a man I feel that you should lose weight for you so you can be happy with yourself don't do it for him ,
I weighed 400 lbs when I got married 2 years ago. I have a wonderfull husband that loves me any size I am. I have only lost 50 lbs so far but we still enjoy spending alot of time in our pool. I wear a swim suit, a one-piece of course. You can find alot of nice suits for larger women.

May 22, 2006, 8:07 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: loudev

You need to believe in yourself...only you can do it... 

Why do you want to shed the fat? 

Get your mind right first...check out Jon Benson 

I am so glad someone referenced Jon Benson - thank you!  I have followed his and Tom Venuto's advice (Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle) consistently for 4 months now.  Between them and Dr. Phil, they are a very few of the only ones out there that make any sense at all.  There are NO quick fixes to weight loss; you put it on gradually and it comes off gradually (if you want to keep it off that is).   

By the way, for anyone who has been diagnosed with any thyroid disease, etc.  I am living proof that the right diet and good, consistent exercise can overcome anything.  I had thyroid cancer and had all of my thyroid removed.  Gained tons of weight but am well on my way to getting it all off. 

You have to do any weight loss plan by and for yourself; but if you have a support group to help you along it will give you the extra edge you need.  But the main thing is, believe in yourself!! 

May 22, 2006, 8:08 pm CDT

TELL HIM TO GET A GRIP

To begin with if you are losing weight for a man you are doing it for ALL the wrong reasons.  You need to lose weight for yourself and yourself only.  I have recently lost 95 pounds and I could not be more proud of MYSELF.  I know that my husband stands behind me but the point is it is YOUR body and if you feel good enough in your on skin tell him to bite your tail that you lost this weight for you and not for him and if he could be more secure in hisself he would be proud to have you on his arm no matter how big you are or aren't.

May 22, 2006, 8:16 pm CDT

Photo

The ladies before and after picture is fabulous!!! Hopefully this show will motivate & encourage others.

May 22, 2006, 9:09 pm CDT

Weight, overweight etc

I think of myself as being slim (that was years ago) and I think like a slim person. I am so happy to be this slim......then....I accidentally walk past a mirror! Who the heck is THAT??? Needless to say, my day crashes.  

Why don't I ever know where to sign up for Dr Phil's fat farms?  

May 22, 2006, 9:23 pm CDT

Bikini's......aaahhhh!

This is one show I  won't miss.  I'm a mother of 4 1/2 year old triplets and believe me, summer time and bikini's is a time that I dread.  I'm not over weight by any means but my body just isn't what it use to be.    

May 22, 2006, 9:36 pm CDT

I have tried and failed

I want to lose this weight so badly but I just don't have the will power. I have tried any thing and every thing that I can think of  The only thing that seemed to help me was Nutri System many years back but then my father died and I not only gained the weight back I also gained much more. I am depressed all of the time casue of my weight but because of the depression I eat all the time even when I am not hungry. I stay up until 1:00 am or 2:00 am and I have been known to stay up until 3:00 am just to eat and watch tv. I am married and all this in general has caused a big strain on my marriage but I can t seem to get past it. I have taken on THREE jobs just so I don t eat and I always find the time to eat. I really don t know were to turn next....I have tried counciling and that didn t help either. I have watched shows on diets, I have read books, I have tried Weight Watchers, Nutri System again but nothing seems to help. Any ideas please would be nice.  I have even tried to kid myself into loseing weight for my daughters wedding not for my son to have is wedding vows renewed but nothing is helping

May 22, 2006, 10:10 pm CDT

It's Okay To Be Me

From the time I was nine years old, I had a weight problem.  I was the first kid in my class to wear a bra and I was terribly embarrased at the time.  I was kidded and made fun of every day.  When I was 13 years old, I had appendicitus.  The doctor suggested to my mom that they put me on a diet and i was given "uppers" which made me react like a hoot owl.  However, I lost the weight.   

During my life, I gained the weight after tiving birth to two sons, would go on diets and exercise and it would still come right back on me.  I tried every diet there was including two years of liquid under a doctor's care.  Still the weight came right back on and even more than before. 

If there was an easy solution, Dr. Phil, to weight loss, everyone would run to get the magic formula so they could all look beautiful.  But after going through a gastric bypass four years ago and ending up with complications I still suffer from today, along with being in four nursing homes, and in a hospital for five months, it is no longer worth it to wear a size 6. 

What is important to me is that I like myself.  I have been divorced for over 30 years now, and I like living with just me and my cat, Caesar.  I enjoy the company of others, I love spending time with my grandchildren and try to help them get over those teen years.  I spend my time taking care of cats at the Humane Society and help people wherever I can.  It took me all these years to learn that it doesn't matter what I am like on the outside (in fact, I would even pose in a bikini and I've never had one on before) because it doesn't bother me that there is flab and that I look like one of those dogs that has no hair and lots of wrinkles.  I just try to make what I have left beautiful on the outside as much as possible, but I now am working on the inner person.  I like my inner self much better now.  I just wish I had known what I have learned over the years at nine years of age before I went on all those diets. 

May 22, 2006, 10:11 pm CDT

Scales

You can only lose weight when you want to - it is like any addiction - food. You can't do it for someone else. It has to come from you and you alone. I make all kinds of excuses, like: I'm not overweight, I'm just under tall and I'm not fat, just fluffy. But the bottom line is I am FAT and only I can change that.   

When I step on the scales, they say; "Come back alone.", so I stay off of them.   

May 22, 2006, 10:13 pm CDT

Summer Slim

I want to lose weight too . I need help I don't have the money to do the Nutra system which is what I need something to follow. I have had 3 major neck surgeries I have 1 disk left in my neck allowing a limited amount of moving . I have had 2 major Back surgeries. This has stopped me from being able to exercise I hate it. I have never been this big not even pregnant. My husband loves it but I don't I feel awful all the time . The worse part is my stomach and I have had my colon removed (all 6 feet) so I have a big scar down my stomach which means they cut into the muscles and that makes it hard too. I cannot so any kind of exercise except walking. I hate it I know I am not as in need as other who weigh 200 or more but I feel the exact same way. How I wish I could get help too without sounding stupid because I don't weigh that much. Oh well I can't wait to see the show and see how maybe they CAN help me. 

God Bless 

Sweetrose 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last