Message Boards

Topic : 05/26 Summer Slim

Number of Replies: 566
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 19, 2006, 10:38:31 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The beach, bathing suits and vowing to get in shape -- all signs summer is approaching. Dr. Phil's guests are trying to overcome the roadblocks that keep them from their best bikini bodies. Helen hasn't worn a bathing suit since she was 12. Dr. Phil cameras follow her as she tries on bathing suits for the first time in 30 years. Hear from other women who also have issues wearing swimsuits. Next, Julie has lost 165 pounds, but her husband, Kelly, says she's not skinny enough, and he would be embarrassed if she wore a bathing suit. Kelly says he needs Julie to weigh 150 pounds. Can this marriage survive Kelly's demands? Then, Melissa is getting married in October, so she challenged her sister, Kim, to a friendly weight loss competition, but it's turned into a fierce battle. Both girls will stop at nothing to win. See the antics they use to one-up each other and sabotage each other's efforts. And, Ed wants to be a trophy husband in time for his anniversary this summer. Can he learn to say no to the foods that call his name and tempt his tummy? Plus, big surprises for the guests and audience. Find out how you can get in on the action. If you need to shed some winter weight and slim down before stepping on the beach, this show is for you! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 23, 2006, 2:02 pm CDT

It's hard to understand

I can relate to the whole weight thing and it really sucks...

I have been up and down with my weight my whole life. Six years ago I finally felt good about weight and that is when I meet my second husband where I was 5'8, 155 lbs now six years later still 5'8, only 220lbs...

And I know what it's like to have your husband make their little comments even those looks, those looks that you know exactly what he's thinking... Don't get me wrong I'm not a weak person…

I’m just confused I know I need to lose weight… But I just don’t know how to start everyday I say okay today is the day… then an hour or so later I find myself saying to myself I’ll start tomorrow..

any suggestions?

May 23, 2006, 2:47 pm CDT

Sniffle sniffle

Quote From: karilyn

That's the right attitude, Nora!! Just being here is getting me more upbeat and I am just starting!!! I am definitely going to watch this show. Kelly needs to get HIS priorities straight and give his wife credit for all the weight she has lost. He should be praising her not putting her down. It really helps when you have someone in your corner cheering you on. That's why I am so happy to be back here as everyone is so supportive.  

Have a great day Nora and ALL  

Karilyn  

ahhhh.......I'm so touched! I can hardly see with the tears in my eyes!  

:) 

May 23, 2006, 3:17 pm CDT

motvationless

I was overseas for a year and gained tons of weight.  (close to 30 lbs.).  When I returned to a jerk of a husband who rubbed the wieght gain in, looking at the loss of a job due to injuries incurred overseas and a surprise legal seperation along with no income the weight refused to come off.  After visiting a dietician I went on a special diet.  ( Eating more than I had in years because I was starving myself.)  I finally lost weight and felt better.  Recently the relationship I got into, gallbladder problems, surgery and school stress, I have put on the weight again and getting depressed because of it.  How do I get motivated when my body is still tired and recovering from surgery?  I want to be thin before summer.  I wish to be at least 125 lbs. and currently at 159 lbs.  Could someone give me tips?  Thanks.

May 23, 2006, 3:25 pm CDT

Need to lost too!

I have started eating better and healthier, but there are days when I seem to go crazy, just eating too much.  I don't necessarily eat a lot of sweets but just extra helpings of food, not because I'm hungry but because the food is there.  I hope to learn to be able to stay focused on losing weight for a heathy lifestyle. 

hope you include some healthy snack foods. 

May 23, 2006, 4:16 pm CDT

Struggling

Food is such an issue with me.  It is my everything.  I use food to fill all my voids.  The last year I have gone up and down some many times.  It really wears on myself and my health.  

May 23, 2006, 4:28 pm CDT

Sisters

The sisters should be thankful they have each other and be supportive of each other. 

MY SISTER is 3000 miles away. She is about a size 1. She has a very supportive husband and they eat healthy and walk together. 

I USED to be thin as well, however I moved 3000 miles away to a large city and have struggled for survival ever since. My son is here and lives on his own and is a full time student. I stay to be close to him. We are close but don't see each  other often. 

I have developed fibromyallgia nd arthritis and I think stress has caused it all. Now it is hard to excercise. I cannot afford the local YMCA to use a heated pool. 

My monies have been low since I moved here 10 years ago. 

I am 52. It is hard to start over.The area I live in is very transit and you just don't get close to people like I did in the South where I am from. I currently live on the West Coast. 

SOOO, you all should be thankful if you have even one person who would support you emotionally or monetarily and take advantage of it and loose that weight. 

Good Luck to you all. 

Broken in San Diego 

May 23, 2006, 8:05 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Poor Julie! My gosh, she's lost all of that weight and all he can do is say"he needs her to weigh 150 lbs." I hope she knows that he is not the guy for her! That is so CRUEL and ABUSIVE and she is allowing it! I would never want a man that would not love ALL of me (no matter how big or small)  for me. And what does this Kelly look like is he some hot bod in a bathing suit??? I'm sure we could have a few things of imperfection to point out on him in a swim suit.  This woman just lost over 100 lbs. I feel like she deserves a huge round of  Applause and a HUG!!! I would love to lose 20-30lbs. but I would'nt do it if it I had a man like Kelly hanging around saying things like he is. Dump his Butt Honey he is not worth the time she' already spent on him!!!

May 23, 2006, 8:53 pm CDT

baby weight

I just have to ask if any one has any suggestions on how i could lose my baby weight...it has been 13 months since the birth of my 2nd child...i stay home ...so when i am not watching them i am cleaning or doing  laundry....i know i will never be down to my size before my kids,, but i would love to lose the 70 pounds i gain and have yet to lose...

May 23, 2006, 9:04 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: staceymmc

I can relate to the whole weight thing and it really sucks...

I have been up and down with my weight my whole life. Six years ago I finally felt good about weight and that is when I meet my second husband where I was 5'8, 155 lbs now six years later still 5'8, only 220lbs...

And I know what it's like to have your husband make their little comments even those looks, those looks that you know exactly what he's thinking... Don't get me wrong I'm not a weak person…

I’m just confused I know I need to lose weight… But I just don’t know how to start everyday I say okay today is the day… then an hour or so later I find myself saying to myself I’ll start tomorrow..

any suggestions?

Believe me, I can totally relate to that, although I have never been slim! I have friends who are OBSESSED with their weight because they have been on the "other side".  I have been trying very hard to eat healthy foods, but by the time I get home form work I am starving (or so I think) and then I will grab a hand full of cookies or carrots or whatever is handy, it doesn't matter and then I shart shovelling!  I certainly don't let my weight stop me from doing anything...I actually own 2 bathing suits and I live in shorts all summer long!  I don't have to look at me, so I pity the rest of you who have to see me waddle down the street!!   

Okay, that said, I AM going bike riding tomorrow night with a friend (another one who is trying to lose weight). Do you want to come along? Go for a walk and then post a note letting everyone know that you have started down the path of good health and maybe next year at this time we can all celebrate!!    

Oh yeah, and the husband comments...he sucks!  Even my husband is more supportive than that, and he, well, sucks!!!  

Good luck  

May 23, 2006, 9:09 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: martzmama

I just have to ask if any one has any suggestions on how i could lose my baby weight...it has been 13 months since the birth of my 2nd child...i stay home ...so when i am not watching them i am cleaning or doing  laundry....i know i will never be down to my size before my kids,, but i would love to lose the 70 pounds i gain and have yet to lose...
13 months...my baby is almost 8 and I still have the 'baby weight'!! I know that this is foreign but...you need time for you.  Can you get away when your husband gets home and go for a walk of a bike ride?  Is the older one able to walk or do you have a double stroller? I used to take my boys on a serious tour of the neighborhood in the afternoons. They would start out very awake and then as we rounded the last corner they would be out like lights! I would take them into the house, put them to bed and then grab a quick nap for myself...who says you can't do it all!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last