Message Boards

Topic : 05/26 Summer Slim

Number of Replies: 566
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 19, 2006, 10:38:31 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The beach, bathing suits and vowing to get in shape -- all signs summer is approaching. Dr. Phil's guests are trying to overcome the roadblocks that keep them from their best bikini bodies. Helen hasn't worn a bathing suit since she was 12. Dr. Phil cameras follow her as she tries on bathing suits for the first time in 30 years. Hear from other women who also have issues wearing swimsuits. Next, Julie has lost 165 pounds, but her husband, Kelly, says she's not skinny enough, and he would be embarrassed if she wore a bathing suit. Kelly says he needs Julie to weigh 150 pounds. Can this marriage survive Kelly's demands? Then, Melissa is getting married in October, so she challenged her sister, Kim, to a friendly weight loss competition, but it's turned into a fierce battle. Both girls will stop at nothing to win. See the antics they use to one-up each other and sabotage each other's efforts. And, Ed wants to be a trophy husband in time for his anniversary this summer. Can he learn to say no to the foods that call his name and tempt his tummy? Plus, big surprises for the guests and audience. Find out how you can get in on the action. If you need to shed some winter weight and slim down before stepping on the beach, this show is for you! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More May 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 22, 2006, 8:28 am CDT

Swim suite? LOL

......I don't think so. LOL.....I know I need to loose, but I just can't do it. I even looked to see if there is someone in my area to join ranks with, I bought Dr Phil's book, but no one here in my town! I know that part of the reason is medical other part is ME! Guess this is one show I will be watching. Never miss it.

May 22, 2006, 9:44 am CDT

slim down for you olny

I would not lose weight for a man I feel that you should lose weight for you so you can be happy with yourself don't do it for him ,

May 22, 2006, 1:24 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: sclark2u

I would not lose weight for a man I feel that you should lose weight for you so you can be happy with yourself don't do it for him ,
My husband told me once that I HAD to lose weight. I told him that I knew of a way I could lose 190 pounds real fast. D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!  He's never said a word about my weight since. Men are all bluster.

May 22, 2006, 3:42 pm CDT

Be proud of her

Kelly should be PROUD of Julie losing all that weight and tell her so. I have gained and lost and gained and lost. I lost 70 pounds one time and a girl made fun of me cause of me saying I wasn't  

wearing Queen size pantyhose anymore!! SO up I went again and gained all the weight back. 

I know you should do it for you and not anyone else but it does help that people notice and are 

on your bandwagon cheering you along. I say Julie, wear a bathing suit and SHINE and tell your  

hubby to go jump in a lake!!! 

May 22, 2006, 3:49 pm CDT

re: summer slim

Quote From: noraann

......I don't think so. LOL.....I know I need to loose, but I just can't do it. I even looked to see if there is someone in my area to join ranks with, I bought Dr Phil's book, but no one here in my town! I know that part of the reason is medical other part is ME! Guess this is one show I will be watching. Never miss it.

Yes you can lose weight.  But you are the only one who 'can' do it.   No one else can do it for you.  

I have Hashimoto's disease.  Back in 2000 I was misdiagnosed as being hypothyroid.  The doctor then told me I would be 400lbs by April of the next year.  He then laughed in my face and prescribed Meridia.   

I 'fired' him.   

To date I am now 189lbs down from 220lbs.   

That doctor was wrong about me, and you are wrong about yourself.   

The main thing you need to do, is to go to a GOOD doctor (not the NITWIT I went to) and have a full physical. Then together with that doctor determine what would be a safe 'weight plan' for you.   

You might be surprised to learn that many nutritionists are covered under many forms of medical insurance.   

Then you need to start on exercise.   

But the key, is to believe in yourself.   If you believe it, then you can work to achieve it.   

May 22, 2006, 3:53 pm CDT

re: Be proud of her

Quote From: willene

Kelly should be PROUD of Julie losing all that weight and tell her so. I have gained and lost and gained and lost. I lost 70 pounds one time and a girl made fun of me cause of me saying I wasn't  

wearing Queen size pantyhose anymore!! SO up I went again and gained all the weight back. 

I know you should do it for you and not anyone else but it does help that people notice and are 

on your bandwagon cheering you along. I say Julie, wear a bathing suit and SHINE and tell your  

hubby to go jump in a lake!!! 

You should be proud of yourself.  Yes you gained your 70lbs back, but you learned from your mistake.  Somehow, I don't think that letting someone else determine your happiness and weight is a mistake you'll be repeating.  Somehow I think if anything, you'll lose all the weight you have to and do it for you.   

Your advice to Kelly and Julie is on target. 

Kelly needs to support his wife, instead of telling her a 165lbs weight loss isn't GOOD ENOUGH. 

May 22, 2006, 6:13 pm CDT

the trick

To all you gorgeous people out there trying to shed body fat...here are a few tips...counts ingredients, not calories...stick to food in its most natural state...also, exercise first thing in the morning when you will burn body fat and not the last meal you ate...Remember, most diets fail so this has to be a life changing decision...the word DIEt is negative enough as it is.  

You must have your head right before you can get your body right. Ask yourself why?  Is your why big enough?   

May 22, 2006, 6:15 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: jeannemcl

My husband told me once that I HAD to lose weight. I told him that I knew of a way I could lose 190 pounds real fast. D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!  He's never said a word about my weight since. Men are all bluster.
Good one...love it...and i bet he looks like a movie star himself!!!

May 22, 2006, 6:16 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: yoyoqn

Yes you can lose weight.  But you are the only one who 'can' do it.   No one else can do it for you.  

I have Hashimoto's disease.  Back in 2000 I was misdiagnosed as being hypothyroid.  The doctor then told me I would be 400lbs by April of the next year.  He then laughed in my face and prescribed Meridia.   

I 'fired' him.   

The main thing you need to do, is to go to a GOOD doctor (not the NITWIT I went to) and have a full physical. Then together with that doctor determine what would be a safe 'weight plan' for you.   

You might be surprised to learn that many nutritionists are covered under many forms of medical insurance.   

But the key, is to believe in yourself.   If you believe it, then you can work to achieve it.   

You need to believe in yourself...only you can do it... 

Why do you want to shed the fat? 

Get your mind right first...check out Jon Benson 

May 22, 2006, 7:03 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: yoyoqn

I 'fired' him.   

I just lost 45 lbs and did it for myself.  I would never lose weight for any man or anyone except myself.  I still see myself as a big fat horrible pig.   But I am proud of myself

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last