Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 7, 2007, 12:12 am CST

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Quote From: elffie

The day before my son turned 4 I told him, "Elwin, you're going to be 4 tomorrow!"

And he starts crying.......

So I ask him why he's crying and he says, "I don't want to go to school!"

I ask, "Who said anything about school?"

He says, "When you turn 4 you have to go to school."

LMAO!  And what's really funny is that I don't know where he got this from!  But he is excited that he will get to play soccor because he's 4 now. LOL

YAY! Elwin gets to play soccer!!!! So FUN!

That's adorable, the little ideas they get in their heads....they have so much more going on in their brains than we give them credit for....LOL....

January 7, 2007, 5:52 pm CST

Quote From: purplepenny

Oh I totally see what you are saying. It's a very good idea and I will start doing that.

But you are right, it's very different with girls clothes...it's almost obnoxious! I had a very hard time finding Emma some regular jeans with out embellishment...not embroidery, no buttons, no applique, no ribbon....I almost just got her a boys pair, because who cares right? Then I saw some...finally!

Girls clothes are always so cutsie and they come in sets too often and the pants and shirts don't go with ANYTHING but each other...It's so freakin' annoying!

But I will do what you suggest...it's a great idea! Thanks!
And that is soooooooooooooo true. When I was looking for an out fit  for Amy at Christmas time,  it was so hard. I like some of the two piece out fits but the issue with her is she is so tiny, especially in the waist area, she will be 6 years old in less then a month and wears a size 4 pants, the pants in these sets would fit her but the shirts would be too small on her or vise versa, drives me nuts! LOL.

And nothing wrong with her wearing boy pants,LOl.. Amy wears uniform clothes to school and because they are hard to come by, she has two pair of size four boy pants,LOL. One day we were inthis store and they didn't have them in her size, she got upset when I told her we would just go get a pair of boy pants so we did';t do it, but she is so clueless, she wears them and doesn't even know it,LOLLLL.

Girls clothing is different then boysi n alot of ways, wait until Emma gets a bit older and wants to wear dresses, skirts, earrings, makeup, whatever, can be fun at times,LOL. Honestly, Amy is already into fashion, though she does have a  little bit of a problem knowing what  does and what doesn't match, she is 100% girl and wants to dress like a girl and some of the styles she looks  at at the stores,w ell, let's just say,s he seems to think she is a teenager and veen then I am not so sure she is gonna be happy with the clothes we tell her are acceptable,LOL. With a  girl like her, I must admit, I like the uniform idea, :).

I'm glad she likes to be a girl and likes to dress like a girl but there has to be guidelines, and some of the clothing out there, even for little girls just isn't appropiate in my opinion.

January 8, 2007, 8:04 am CST

Quote From: jettav

And that is soooooooooooooo true. When I was looking for an out fit  for Amy at Christmas time,  it was so hard. I like some of the two piece out fits but the issue with her is she is so tiny, especially in the waist area, she will be 6 years old in less then a month and wears a size 4 pants, the pants in these sets would fit her but the shirts would be too small on her or vise versa, drives me nuts! LOL.

And nothing wrong with her wearing boy pants,LOl.. Amy wears uniform clothes to school and because they are hard to come by, she has two pair of size four boy pants,LOL. One day we were inthis store and they didn't have them in her size, she got upset when I told her we would just go get a pair of boy pants so we did';t do it, but she is so clueless, she wears them and doesn't even know it,LOLLLL.

Girls clothing is different then boysi n alot of ways, wait until Emma gets a bit older and wants to wear dresses, skirts, earrings, makeup, whatever, can be fun at times,LOL. Honestly, Amy is already into fashion, though she does have a  little bit of a problem knowing what  does and what doesn't match, she is 100% girl and wants to dress like a girl and some of the styles she looks  at at the stores,w ell, let's just say,s he seems to think she is a teenager and veen then I am not so sure she is gonna be happy with the clothes we tell her are acceptable,LOL. With a  girl like her, I must admit, I like the uniform idea, :).

I'm glad she likes to be a girl and likes to dress like a girl but there has to be guidelines, and some of the clothing out there, even for little girls just isn't appropiate in my opinion.

This is one of the reasons I don't buy in sets too often.  The shirts fit well, but the pants don't.  My kids have tiny waists as well.  Elwin is wearing a 5T shirt but can't wear a 5T pant yet.  He can wear 4T and some 3T.   I also find it hard to find a store with a variety of boy clothes, it seems like girl clothes are everywhere!  And they leave the boys only a small section, usually in the corner in the back of the store.

Willow can wear a 2T shirt, but at the most an 18 month old pant.  Some 18 month old shirts are too small for her.  Ugh!  And 12 month pants don't fit her anymore.  This is why I try to stay away from sets.  LOL  And with as many girl clothes as there are, it's not very hard to find shirts that will go with pants.   She will be 17 months this month.

I have seen some girl clothes that I think aren't appropriate as well, but for the most part I'm not that worried.  I think Hubby is going to be more worried about it than I am. LOL

I think we've gotten a little off topic. LOL

January 8, 2007, 6:09 pm CST

This is one of the reasons I don't buy in sets too often.  The shirts fit well, but the pants don't.  My kids have tiny waists as well.  Elwin is wearing a 5T shirt but can't wear a 5T pant yet.  He can wear 4T and some 3T.   I also find it hard to find a store with a variety of boy clothes, it seems like girl clothes are everywhere!  And they leave the boys only a small section, usually in the corner in the back of the store.

Willow can wear a 2T shirt, but at the most an 18 month old pant.  Some 18 month old shirts are too small for her.  Ugh!  And 12 month pants don't fit her anymore.  This is why I try to stay away from sets.  LOL  And with as many girl clothes as there are, it's not very hard to find shirts that will go with pants.   She will be 17 months this month.

I have seen some girl clothes that I think aren't appropriate as well, but for the most part I'm not that worried.  I think Hubby is going to be more worried about it than I am. LOL

I think we've gotten a little off topic. LOL

Frank doesn't seem like he's going to be an over worried dad...LOL...I'm glad. You know how feminist I can be!

January 8, 2007, 6:39 pm CST

Frank doesn't seem like he's going to be an over worried dad...LOL...I'm glad. You know how feminist I can be!
My husband isn't really all that bad though I tend to make it out like he is,LOL. I actually agree with him on everything but with him, I am not so sure he will learn to choose his battles and let some things slide when they become teen agers. Right now, he is doing an awesome job as a daddy as I am sure he will continue to do so, but let's face it, guys do not always understand girl stuff which he has to be reminded of that at times,LOL.  The advantage here is,both the girls are daddy girls, especially the oldest and they definelty have daddy wrapped around their finger, those big beautiful brown eyes, gets him very time,LOLLLLLL

He isn't into the clothes  and hair things so that I don't think will be a big deal to him, but the make up, well, now, that I see as an issue,LOL but right now, everything is cool, the closest to that they have come to is wanting fingernail polish which I don't care either way, daddy has an issue with it so we went for the finger/earring stickers and the girls are very happy with that so there is no issue at this point. gotta learn to choose those battles and come up with compromises that work for everyone,lets just  hope those battles and compromises are as easy then as they are now,LOLLLL

Ok, so we are off topic, LOL. The funniest thing I can think of for today is the idea that my oldest was sad and cried because as she is learning to play scrabble, she was upset casue she couldn't spell a word, man, you would have thought the child needed to be rushed to the emergency room with the way she was crying..............Maybe not so funny at the time but thinking about it makes me giggle. :)

January 16, 2007, 6:29 pm CST

My husband isn't really all that bad though I tend to make it out like he is,LOL. I actually agree with him on everything but with him, I am not so sure he will learn to choose his battles and let some things slide when they become teen agers. Right now, he is doing an awesome job as a daddy as I am sure he will continue to do so, but let's face it, guys do not always understand girl stuff which he has to be reminded of that at times,LOL.  The advantage here is,both the girls are daddy girls, especially the oldest and they definelty have daddy wrapped around their finger, those big beautiful brown eyes, gets him very time,LOLLLLLL

He isn't into the clothes  and hair things so that I don't think will be a big deal to him, but the make up, well, now, that I see as an issue,LOL but right now, everything is cool, the closest to that they have come to is wanting fingernail polish which I don't care either way, daddy has an issue with it so we went for the finger/earring stickers and the girls are very happy with that so there is no issue at this point. gotta learn to choose those battles and come up with compromises that work for everyone,lets just  hope those battles and compromises are as easy then as they are now,LOLLLL

Ok, so we are off topic, LOL. The funniest thing I can think of for today is the idea that my oldest was sad and cried because as she is learning to play scrabble, she was upset casue she couldn't spell a word, man, you would have thought the child needed to be rushed to the emergency room with the way she was crying..............Maybe not so funny at the time but thinking about it makes me giggle. :)
When Emma is tired she can scream like that, she doesn't usually...I am very lucky to have such a docile child...but she has vocal chords like me...and they cut into your ear drums like a hot knife into butter!!!

Hmmm what cute thing did Emma say today...She kept saying "Not again!" to just about everything..she must have picked that phrase up from me at some point...LOL

Also, when I'm not looking she likes to roll out toilet paper and run around it in circles...LOL

January 24, 2007, 2:36 pm CST

Waving at Jesus

Hi gals. My name is Kristin and I have an almost three year old son named Isaac. I am sure like ya'll, I am amazed at the things that come out of his mouth...things that make me say, "How did you know that?!" or "Nooooooo...we don't say that word." Well, how's this for funny:

My husband, Isaac and I all go to church. We are Christians and believe that Jesus Christ bled, died, and rose again so that we might have a relationship with Him and one day live with Him for all eternity. So, naturally, I read Isaac the kid versions of Bible stories. One day a week ago, someone gave him a coloring book and in it was a picture of Jesus. The next day we were at Wal Mart, standing in the aisle with air filters, when suddenly Isaac grinned real big, waved his hand and said "Hi Jesus!" to a man standing there. My face instantly got red and I firmly told Isaac that the man wasn't Jesus. Isaac refused to believe me. He replied, "But Momma, that's what Jesus looks like! It was in the coloring book!" I looked up very apologetically at the man, and he just laughed and walked away. The wierd thing was, Isaac was right. He did look just like the picture.

January 25, 2007, 8:40 pm CST

Quote From: kcurtis23

Hi gals. My name is Kristin and I have an almost three year old son named Isaac. I am sure like ya'll, I am amazed at the things that come out of his mouth...things that make me say, "How did you know that?!" or "Nooooooo...we don't say that word." Well, how's this for funny:

My husband, Isaac and I all go to church. We are Christians and believe that Jesus Christ bled, died, and rose again so that we might have a relationship with Him and one day live with Him for all eternity. So, naturally, I read Isaac the kid versions of Bible stories. One day a week ago, someone gave him a coloring book and in it was a picture of Jesus. The next day we were at Wal Mart, standing in the aisle with air filters, when suddenly Isaac grinned real big, waved his hand and said "Hi Jesus!" to a man standing there. My face instantly got red and I firmly told Isaac that the man wasn't Jesus. Isaac refused to believe me. He replied, "But Momma, that's what Jesus looks like! It was in the coloring book!" I looked up very apologetically at the man, and he just laughed and walked away. The wierd thing was, Isaac was right. He did look just like the picture.

Was the guy a hippie?

January 25, 2007, 8:43 pm CST

When Emma is tired she can scream like that, she doesn't usually...I am very lucky to have such a docile child...but she has vocal chords like me...and they cut into your ear drums like a hot knife into butter!!!

Hmmm what cute thing did Emma say today...She kept saying "Not again!" to just about everything..she must have picked that phrase up from me at some point...LOL

Also, when I'm not looking she likes to roll out toilet paper and run around it in circles...LOL

Oh, yes!  The toilet paper.  We put ours on the counter now because Elwin doesn't play with it, but Willow does. LOL  Willow likes to say "No," and Elwin likes to say, "You've got to be kidding me!"  LOL

Oh, when we went to Safari Sam's yesterday (a place like Chuck E Cheese) I was saying to Willow, "Let's go" and we would crawl throught this very narrow padded area.  Well, she loved it and everytime we went to that area she would scream, "Let's go, let's go!" LOL

January 26, 2007, 9:17 am CST

Was the guy a hippie?

Well, he didn't have on a peace & love shirt, if that's what you mean. LOL! But, yeah, he looked like he could have been one. His hair was brown and down past his shoulders. His eyes were actually very handsome- a bright blue. He had on a faded, torn pair of blue jeans and a faded shirt. The only well-groomed thing on him was his beard. It looked very soft and was trimmed. As I said before, I can understand why Isaac mistook him. I still giggle whenever I think about it.

First | Prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last