Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 26, 2007, 9:21 am CST

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Quote From: elffie

Oh, yes!  The toilet paper.  We put ours on the counter now because Elwin doesn't play with it, but Willow does. LOL  Willow likes to say "No," and Elwin likes to say, "You've got to be kidding me!"  LOL

Oh, when we went to Safari Sam's yesterday (a place like Chuck E Cheese) I was saying to Willow, "Let's go" and we would crawl throught this very narrow padded area.  Well, she loved it and everytime we went to that area she would scream, "Let's go, let's go!" LOL

I think the toilet paper thing is a must-do for all toddlers. My son was potty trained by two. He's almost three now and I don't even bother putting out toilet paper unless guests come over. I still use wipes on him. And those stay high above his reach! It only took one time of coming in the bathroom to see a whole roll laying in shreds all over the floor, the bathtub, and sink to make me say, "Never again!" LOL!

January 26, 2007, 9:30 am CST

The Dum-Dum Lady

Well, let me share what happened to Isaac and I yesterday. We went early in the morning to the bank and the teller saw Isaac and gave him a dum-dum sucker. Of course he was thrilled about that. Well, we ran some more errands- the pharmacy, the grocery store. By the time we got home in the early afternoon, I had forgotten all about it. Well, later on that evening my husband came home from work. It's his routine to ask Isaac how his day was and what he did with Momma. Well, Isaac says, "I saw the dumb lady!" Immediately horrified, I said, "Isaac! We don't say that word. That's mean to call someone dumb." Isaac looked confused and somewhat upset that I had corrected him. He looked at my husband and said, "But daddy, I did see the dumb lady. She gave me a sucka." We both burst out laughing and still giggling, I picked up my forlorn son and apologized. From now on, I have vowed to ask questions before I correct him. LOL!

January 26, 2007, 2:45 pm CST

Magicing a person away LOL

My  girls and I along with a the 3 year old that I babysit were on the way home from picking my oldest up from school, They were all three pretending to be a fairy godmother with wands, madyson (the 3 year old) told my Anna (4) to make me the mommy go away, Anna got upset, and started to cry, she said, "mommy, Madyson wants me to MAGIC you away,"  LOL, yea, she was sad but it was too cute and of course I made it clear that it wasn't going to happen. Anna looked at Madyson and reminded her that she had the bestest mommy,LOLLLLLL

January 26, 2007, 2:46 pm CST

Quote From: kcurtis23

Well, let me share what happened to Isaac and I yesterday. We went early in the morning to the bank and the teller saw Isaac and gave him a dum-dum sucker. Of course he was thrilled about that. Well, we ran some more errands- the pharmacy, the grocery store. By the time we got home in the early afternoon, I had forgotten all about it. Well, later on that evening my husband came home from work. It's his routine to ask Isaac how his day was and what he did with Momma. Well, Isaac says, "I saw the dumb lady!" Immediately horrified, I said, "Isaac! We don't say that word. That's mean to call someone dumb." Isaac looked confused and somewhat upset that I had corrected him. He looked at my husband and said, "But daddy, I did see the dumb lady. She gave me a sucka." We both burst out laughing and still giggling, I picked up my forlorn son and apologized. From now on, I have vowed to ask questions before I correct him. LOL!
they do say and do the darnest things,LOL

January 26, 2007, 7:53 pm CST

Well, he didn't have on a peace & love shirt, if that's what you mean. LOL! But, yeah, he looked like he could have been one. His hair was brown and down past his shoulders. His eyes were actually very handsome- a bright blue. He had on a faded, torn pair of blue jeans and a faded shirt. The only well-groomed thing on him was his beard. It looked very soft and was trimmed. As I said before, I can understand why Isaac mistook him. I still giggle whenever I think about it.

Oh, I totally understand.  I hope I didn't offend you when I asked, I was just simply curious because most of the hippies I have meant do look like Jesus.

That is cute though that your son said that. LOL

January 26, 2007, 7:56 pm CST

I think the toilet paper thing is a must-do for all toddlers. My son was potty trained by two. He's almost three now and I don't even bother putting out toilet paper unless guests come over. I still use wipes on him. And those stay high above his reach! It only took one time of coming in the bathroom to see a whole roll laying in shreds all over the floor, the bathtub, and sink to make me say, "Never again!" LOL!

Yeah, the only time he uses the toilet paper is when he goes number 2. LOL  He's 4.  I also have a one year old daughter.  She's more intersted in the paper than he is now. LOL

I've read your profile and it says that we're very close in age.  I will be 24 next month.  I bet we have plenty of stories to share. LOL

Take care!

January 26, 2007, 7:58 pm CST

Oops. what I meant to write is, going by your username, it looks like we're close in age. LOL  Sorry, long day!  And if your favorite number is 23 and it isn't your age, I'm sorry.  I thought someone else on here was 24 (one of my friends now), but it turns out 24 is just her lucky number.

January 27, 2007, 5:50 am CST

Oops. what I meant to write is, going by your username, it looks like we're close in age. LOL  Sorry, long day!  And if your favorite number is 23 and it isn't your age, I'm sorry.  I thought someone else on here was 24 (one of my friends now), but it turns out 24 is just her lucky number.
I'm actually 22. I won't be 23 until August. When I was creating my user name, I accidently put 23 instead of 22. I guess I had a brain fart or something! I swear, sometimes I feel like I have alzsheimers. It takes all my energy and concentration to deal with my son all day long that little things slip my mind. LOL! Do you feel the same way, or am I just crazy?

January 27, 2007, 5:54 am CST

Oh, I totally understand.  I hope I didn't offend you when I asked, I was just simply curious because most of the hippies I have meant do look like Jesus.

That is cute though that your son said that. LOL

No girl, you didn't offend me. It is true that some hippies resemble what Jesus supposedly looked like. Jesus was from Nazareth, and Nazarene men never cut their hair. So don't worry about it! LOL 

January 29, 2007, 9:41 am CST

I'm actually 22. I won't be 23 until August. When I was creating my user name, I accidently put 23 instead of 22. I guess I had a brain fart or something! I swear, sometimes I feel like I have alzsheimers. It takes all my energy and concentration to deal with my son all day long that little things slip my mind. LOL! Do you feel the same way, or am I just crazy?

Nope!  You are definitely not crazy!  I have two little ones and they take all of my concentration as well.  My son is 4 and my daughter is one.  My son has always been independant and my daughter likes to have attention....all the time! LOL 

My daughter's birthday is in August. 

Take care!

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last