Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 14, 2007, 1:16 am CDT

The Funny Things They Say and Do

one time when my oldest doughter was 3 yrs old we was at this flea marget thing. And we are walking around looking at stuff. when about 2 feet away there is a large size man ahead of us. She points her little finger at him and just as I am trying to reach around to cover her mouth just knowing what she is going to say. She yells look at that big huge man, Why is he so huge!!!!!!

I am hopeing the man did not hear her, but he truned around and smiled and said don't u love the honesty that comes from the mouth of a child. I am so embarsed and I am saying I am so sorry. and her fathers just walked away like he didn't even know us at all.

Times like this u want to crawl in a hole and hide. But they call it like they see it thats for shure.

April 14, 2007, 10:17 pm CDT

miss indepente

well my little miss indepente learnd to unlock and open the back slideing door.

So last night while I was useing the restroom she went out in the back yard. I come out

and find a diper on the liveing room floor. I am calling for her and looking for her ( thank God for

child prove house ) anyway I hear her yelling " mommy its cold brrrrr" I go to the slideing door

and shure enough there she is butt naked wheareing noething but snow boots and the dog is

out there with her. and she tellts me" its cold brrrrrrr" I tried so hard not to laugh. its not real cold but its not warm either and it was after dark. my mom thought that was funny and kept saying pay back my dear.

May 23, 2007, 1:31 pm CDT

My little mechanic

When my 6yr old son waas 2. My husband is a mechanicand did lot of side work in the yard.My son loved to help daddy.After my husband got done working on a car one day and left to test drive it he left the jack stands out while gone .My son went and got the jack stands and put the back of his tricycle on them grabbed  wrench and crawled under his tricycle like he was working on it.He crawled back out from under his tricycle and brushed his hands off while saying"it doesn't look good."

June 20, 2007, 9:28 am CDT

First Words

My son is a very spirited child and loves to get into anything he’s not supposed to. Well my husband and I have a bad habit of yelling “hey” to get his attention. When my son turned about eight months guess what his first words were and now that he’s almost a year he says it all the time, especially when we are out in public. He loves that he can get anyone who’s not paying attention to him to turn and look. Some people are surprised at first then laugh because he also loves to give great big smiles to anyone who will listen. Also, we like to call him the Fonze because sometimes he says “heyyyy”.

July 9, 2007, 10:08 am CDT

Brother's "water hose"

My 3 year old daughter recently asked me when her brother's "water hose" was going to fall off.  (She attended a big sister class and learned all about the "food hose-umbilical cord" and the nurse explained that it would be clamped and it would eventually fall off and reveal the belly button).  We started calling her brother's penis a water hose since she witnessed us changing a diaper several times and being sprayed when we forgot to use a washcloth to cover it up. 

July 17, 2007, 8:44 pm CDT

funny things they say and do

my son christopher just turned 3. he likesto repeat things he hears.

the other night i caught him eating the toothpaste before i had a chance to say anything he tells me that ive been very naughty and i have to to time out for 3 minutes!!!!

it was so cute. little monkey

July 29, 2007, 12:03 am CDT

Shower

A couple of weeks ago me, my husband, a friend and our  2.5 year old daughter were eating at the dinertable when she asked me if she could take a shower after dinner. She normally goes under the shower every other day and that night it was not her day for the shower so I told her no. She tried to convince me to let her take a shower but I kept saying "No. Tomorrow you can take a shower". She then grabbed the bowl with the french fries and turned it over her head. With the bowl upside down over her head she told me with a very big smile...."so..time for shower". Our friend almost wet his pants from laughing.

September 13, 2007, 6:31 am CDT

crossdressing 3 yr old boy

I have a three year old boy who loves dressing up in my tops which he calls dresses.He loves anything that is pink and sparkly I have tried taking and hiding my clothes from him any oportunity for him to go to my wardrobe to get clothes out hes there.  Even when i go shopping at the mall he wantsall the clothes and shoes from the shops.  I cant even put make up on without him wanting lipstick or wear certain shoes because he wants them. My husband and i banned him from having all girl things but my son nagged for weeks all day non stop he was miserable with out his girly things. In the end i have gone to the op shop and got him some girl dresses for him to wear he still wants my tops i have given him a couple to wear.For doing this he is a very happy child i dont no if im doing the right thing. He does have some boundries we only let him have his dresses for home only and he nos when we go out he has to wear his boys clothes. If anyone can give me some advice or is in the same situation your help would be gratefully appreciated thanks. Renae

September 14, 2007, 3:09 pm CDT

Quote From: joelliamaiden

I have a three year old boy who loves dressing up in my tops which he calls dresses.He loves anything that is pink and sparkly I have tried taking and hiding my clothes from him any oportunity for him to go to my wardrobe to get clothes out hes there.  Even when i go shopping at the mall he wantsall the clothes and shoes from the shops.  I cant even put make up on without him wanting lipstick or wear certain shoes because he wants them. My husband and i banned him from having all girl things but my son nagged for weeks all day non stop he was miserable with out his girly things. In the end i have gone to the op shop and got him some girl dresses for him to wear he still wants my tops i have given him a couple to wear.For doing this he is a very happy child i dont no if im doing the right thing. He does have some boundries we only let him have his dresses for home only and he nos when we go out he has to wear his boys clothes. If anyone can give me some advice or is in the same situation your help would be gratefully appreciated thanks. Renae
Well, he's three, he probably just likes this stuff.  His favorite color may be pink and he may just have an eye for things that sparkle. He also may love the attention he gets when he dresses up this way.

I have a 3 year old daughter, for Halloween she wants to be a fireman. She likes girly stuff too, but she has bulldozers, blocks and Lego's. She likes to play rough and knock things down.  No one cares though, cause she's a girl and that is socially acceptable. It is not socially acceptable for boys to just do  the things they like...because sometimes the things the HAPPEN to like are considered "girly"...

He may just out grow it...it's just stuff, and it's just what he happens to like. If I were you I'd say  "screw the world" and embrace the cuteness that IS a 3 year old CHILD.  Love him, play dress up with him, in a few years, or even WEEKS he may just move on to another interest.

There is one question though that is important, does he call himself a girl? Does he say he wants to be a girl? Does he seem to dislike his penis?

September 17, 2007, 5:03 am CDT

Quote From: annieorwell

Well, he's three, he probably just likes this stuff.  His favorite color may be pink and he may just have an eye for things that sparkle. He also may love the attention he gets when he dresses up this way.

I have a 3 year old daughter, for Halloween she wants to be a fireman. She likes girly stuff too, but she has bulldozers, blocks and Lego's. She likes to play rough and knock things down.  No one cares though, cause she's a girl and that is socially acceptable. It is not socially acceptable for boys to just do  the things they like...because sometimes the things the HAPPEN to like are considered "girly"...

He may just out grow it...it's just stuff, and it's just what he happens to like. If I were you I'd say  "screw the world" and embrace the cuteness that IS a 3 year old CHILD.  Love him, play dress up with him, in a few years, or even WEEKS he may just move on to another interest.

There is one question though that is important, does he call himself a girl? Does he say he wants to be a girl? Does he seem to dislike his penis?

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last