Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 3, 2006, 11:35 am CDT

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Quote From: kiwismommy

My daughter recently took her first step a couple weeks ago, and now is always running up and down the hall.  This morning, she ran to the bathroom, and started pounding on the door, yelling "poopoo".  I smelled her diaper, and felt it and told her, "no, you still are clean and dry"  and she huffed at me and said, "no, mama, I GONNA poopoo".  So, I took her diaper off and put her on the toilet and sure enough, she pooped.  I told her she was such a good, big girl, and she said, "yeah, I know.  I'm good girl.  I pooped".  After I cleaned her butt, she was stretching to the sink, so I picked her up, and she turned the water on her self, and held her hands under the soap thing.  Once she got the soap, she washed her hands and rinsed them off, then said "I'm done.  Kiki clean, Kiki pooped".  She was so proud of herself.  She is only fifteen months old, and I wasn't even thinking about starting potty training for a few months.  I guess it's like the walking, when she wants to do it, she will. 
Yes, she will do things when she is ready. My oldest was alot like that, very easy with everything including potty training but my youngest, well, she does things when SHE wants and how SHE wants. Still, at almost 3 1/2 though she knows how to potty and all, she would whether go in her panties and it does not phase her one single bit! A couple weeks ago, she peed in her panties and I was in the middle of doing something, she looked at me and said, "mommy, I peed," I said, "Anna, why didn't you go potty?" she said, I didn't want to," I then said, "well, you are gonna have to wait til I am finish folding these clothes, then I will get you a clean pair of panties", she looked at me and said, "O well," and continued to play. LOL.....................The child is so different then her big sister, she peed in her panties one time and cried for an hour LOL. Of course my little one is the one who likes to get dirty and stay out side and make mud soup while my oldest can't stand the sight of being dirty for too long, she will play in sand and all but is ready to get out much much quicker then her little sister, they all have their own unique personalities and we as parents just need to love and accept it and enjoy our little ones and realize that our little ones will grow and mature and learn the life skills that they need in their own time, it is a cool gift to be a parent................................

June 5, 2006, 12:58 am CDT

He could have asked where the rain comes from?

My four year old son asked me a few months ago, "What does Jesus sound like?" How amazing is that. My angel.

June 7, 2006, 12:36 pm CDT

Kids say the darndest things.

My son is a year old and the other day my husband was holding him and he grabbed my husbands nipple and said "my bipple, my bipple".  He has been saying words off and on since he's been 7months.  My husband and I could not stop laughing. My husband said "bad bad boy" and Ronnie Jr my son goes " no da da"  "bad bad daddy"  We were laughing so hard we started crying.  Kids say the darndest things.

June 7, 2006, 2:01 pm CDT

Quote From: tru2mself

My son is 5 months old and he is learning new sounds every day . Today I made those  piglets sounds , he laught so hard , I couldnt  help laughing myself .
thats great.  My son laughs when we bark like a dog we havent tried a pig.  kids are so comical.

June 7, 2006, 2:05 pm CDT

Quote From: sdmomof2

One day while my infant son still had his umbilical stub my 3 yr old daughter made me laugh.  We had to be very sure to clean his cord every time we diapered because of an infection.  My daughter asked what I was doing and I told her changing her brother's diaper, she then asked "Do you need a Q-Tip to clean his weiner?"  I thought I was going to die laughing right then and there.  That is one she is never going to live down..
My husband son and I went to visit my dad and his new wife when my son was 2 weeks old.  We woke up and noticed his unbilical cord fell off somewhere my dads wife would not go in the living room because thats where it fell off.  She decided she was gonna wash some of the clothes he had worn.  I included his pajamas and she started screaming she found the unbilical cord and the ring from his cercumcision.  It was hysterical she hasnt touched a baby since.

June 7, 2006, 2:11 pm CDT

Quote From: jcrpeters

I'm a military spouse currently stationed overseas.  I have 3 children ages (just turned) 4, 2 and 11 months.  My oldest daughter has become the entertainment for the base.  Everytime I go out it is always to the question of, "What has Rachel done lately?"  LOL  Now her little sister is following in her footsteps and the baby is not far behind.  I will share a day with you. 

My husband was sent back to the States for training and I was still in Spain 8 months pregnant with a 3 & 2 year old.  I had to walk to the post office and library everyday, because I don't drive and we didn't have a phone so email was the only communication my husband and I had.  My fingers were hugely swollen so I couldn't wear my wedding bands.  As we arrived at the post office, me waddling pushing my middle child Hannah while Rachel ran around in the grass crazily, Rachel ran up to a bunch of men in uniform and loudly asked, "Are you my daddy?"  Everyone looked at me with 2 little kids and huge belly and no wedding ring, and silently walked away.  I was mortified.  (But what can you do.)  I later asked Rachel why she said that and she said that it was funny.  LOL  Who says 3 year old don't have a sense of humor. 

That same day we walked over to the library and I was trying to type an email to my husband when Rachel and Hannah started fighting over a crayon.  A nice gentleman started asking Rachel questions at some point he asked her if she liked computers, well Rachel then states in her indoor voice, (which still is quite loud) that her daddy won't let her play with the "come-peter"  Once again, reasons we don't take Rachel in public.   

she sounds adorable.  I dont know how you did it overseas with 3 small children and one that is as outgoing as Rachel.  Good luck your going to have a lot of subscriptions to Americas Funniest Home Video's she sounds like a riot.

June 7, 2006, 2:15 pm CDT

Quote From: mater1469

I recently went through a hellacious, nearly three-year custody battle for my son. (I won.)  His father is a well-connected cop, and it was like a freakin' Lifetime movie at times. There were times that I feared for my life.  I lost almost all of my friends, who were threatened and harrassed. My parents (who live clear across the country) re-financed their house twice to help pay for the legal fees. I went through my entire savings AND had to dip into my retirement, and I still owe my attorney. So anyway... 

A few weeks ago I was SOOOOO sick with the flu. Runny, stuffy nose, itchy, watery eyes, fever, greasy hair piled up in a bun, my whole body hurt. I could barely breathe or move. My son says to me, "Mommy, can you take your hair down?  Pleeeaaasse?" 

I very painfully took my hair down. 

My son reached over and fluffed my very long hair out. 

He then said, "Mommy, you are the most beautiful girl in the world. You look just like Gwen Stefani." 

I have never cried so much in my life. :) 

Thats so touching your little boy sounds so sweet.

June 11, 2006, 9:09 am CDT

My three year old Emily and 1&1/2 year old Kaydance were playing dolls, and Emily was not get what she wanted when she told Kaydance "Kaydance, I'm soooo freaking tired of this crap"  Just goes to show that they are always listening to us. Emily would also bang pots around in her toy kitchen yelling "Damn it:!" But we put that to a quick end. I continue to watch what i say but am always surprised how much they pick up.

June 11, 2006, 10:01 pm CDT

Secret Manicure

One fourth of July, I was so pregnant I couldn't polish my own toenails. We were going to the Fourth of July Rodeo that night so I had my husband paint my toenails red for me, and since we didn't have enough time (or talent) to put the blue accent paint on, I just stuck the polish in my purse and decided I would have a friend at the rodeo do it for me. Well I forgot all about the nail polish in my purse. And later my friend sarcastically pointed out the lovely blue and red polish job on my toes. Apparently my 2&1/2 year old little girl had gotten in my purse, got out my blue polish and painted every one of my toenails for me, without my even noticing!!! I later discovered that she secretly painted her own nails and even closed the lid and put the polish back into my purse. I wondered why she was being so nice and quiet! 

July 20, 2006, 6:29 am CDT

in the doctors office

my daughter is now 6 but when she was almost 3 and i was pregnant with my son, my husband and i took her to the doctor with us for a check-up. I had been complaining that my breast'  hurt really bad.  well the nurse had called me in to do my vitals and when i was walking out and back to sit with my husband our daughter called out to him and said daddy my  ta-tas hurt!!! she was half way across the room, i almost peed myself, my husband turned bright red and everyone in obgyn cracked up laughing.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last