Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 29, 2006, 8:26 pm CST

opposites

My daughter is 2. For the past couple of weeks she will do the opposite of whatever you tell her. So I make a big deal about 'not getting in the car' or I'll say 'don't eat this!' and she will gobble it up. I think the opposite spell may wear off soon though, I'd better try telling her NOT to go on the potty.

January 2, 2007, 9:35 pm CST

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Quote From: jettav

My girls dress themselves alot and who cares if they don't match. They are having fun. Now, I haven't let them pick my clothes,LOL, they never offer and I don't think I will go there, LOL. My oldest every once ina while will try something on and look in the morrow and she will say, "awww, I'm so pretty" LOl. Theya re cute at this age, my girls are 3 and 5.
This is going to be my biggest hump to get over as a mother. When Emma begins to dress herself I want her to have the fun of choosing for herself, but I am such a freak about matching clothes....LOL....

January 3, 2007, 9:27 pm CST

Saying No

My son is 2 and all he says is No! Its funny because i will ask him if he wants juice NO but hands me his cup, or i ask him if he has poopoo's or peepee's and you can tell he does he taps himself down there and says NO!!! i have learned that there are some ways he says No that means yes..i just think it is sooo cute that he does that.

Or whenever we go to his grandma's house he gets sooo happy to be there with her but he will not let her cuddle him but he gets mad when she leaves his site.

January 4, 2007, 8:46 pm CST

Quote From: purplepenny

This is going to be my biggest hump to get over as a mother. When Emma begins to dress herself I want her to have the fun of choosing for herself, but I am such a freak about matching clothes....LOL....
I crack up when Amy picks her own clothes. If she is just gonna get dirty or we arenot doing anything imporant, I don't makea big deal out of it, i think it is something she will out gorw and eventually will learn how to match her clothes and this is something we work on. I don't have a problem with ehr not matching and going out in public looking shabby,LOL. But I do make sure she looks  decent when she is suppose to, heck, I don't always match my clothes here at home,LOLLLLLLLLL.

January 4, 2007, 8:50 pm CST

cleaning

A couple of days ago, My husband was  working around the house and having the girls to help him.  My youngest just turned 4 yesterday and at one point she decided she wasn't going to help clean, hubby sent her into the play room to put something away, and she looked at him and started to cry and said, "I'm JUST a LITTLE girl" LOL. Had to be there I suppose but I have no idea where she has heard this one from, it was to funny, hubby looked at her and said, I know you are just a little girl and started to laugh but stopped himself, I walked out of the room,LOL

January 6, 2007, 12:30 am CST

I crack up when Amy picks her own clothes. If she is just gonna get dirty or we arenot doing anything imporant, I don't makea big deal out of it, i think it is something she will out gorw and eventually will learn how to match her clothes and this is something we work on. I don't have a problem with ehr not matching and going out in public looking shabby,LOL. But I do make sure she looks  decent when she is suppose to, heck, I don't always match my clothes here at home,LOLLLLLLLLL.
Even my crappy house cleaning clothes have to match...LOL...I'm so weird like that. I won't even wear my grey sweats with a white stripe with something that isn't grey or white! LOLOLOL

January 6, 2007, 8:32 am CST

Quote From: purplepenny

Even my crappy house cleaning clothes have to match...LOL...I'm so weird like that. I won't even wear my grey sweats with a white stripe with something that isn't grey or white! LOLOLOL

Penny, maybe this will help, this is what I do, because Elwin has been picking out his clothes since he was 2 1/2. 

I always buy shirts and pants or shorts that can go together.  I usually don't buy the "set" of clothes or the outfits that already come together, because for the most part, they don't do that for boy clothes.  But if it's a really good price I will.

Anyway, he has a lot of jeans and different color shirts, so no matter what he picks it will look good.  I have noticed it's a little different with girls, but I try to do the same for Willow.  I pick out clothes that can be worn with other items.  One pair of pants can be worn with another shirt, or all of the shirts.  And since she wears dresses and skirts I have to add those to the mix. LOL

Really, it's not as complicated as I have made it out to be. LOL  And Elwin even likes to pick out clothes for Willow.  He does a better job than daddy! LMAO!  I swear, my Hubby goes to great lengths to not make the kids clothes match. LOL

January 6, 2007, 8:35 am CST

The day before my son turned 4 I told him, "Elwin, you're going to be 4 tomorrow!"

And he starts crying.......

So I ask him why he's crying and he says, "I don't want to go to school!"

I ask, "Who said anything about school?"

He says, "When you turn 4 you have to go to school."

LMAO!  And what's really funny is that I don't know where he got this from!  But he is excited that he will get to play soccor because he's 4 now. LOL

January 7, 2007, 12:10 am CST

Quote From: elffie

Penny, maybe this will help, this is what I do, because Elwin has been picking out his clothes since he was 2 1/2. 

I always buy shirts and pants or shorts that can go together.  I usually don't buy the "set" of clothes or the outfits that already come together, because for the most part, they don't do that for boy clothes.  But if it's a really good price I will.

Anyway, he has a lot of jeans and different color shirts, so no matter what he picks it will look good.  I have noticed it's a little different with girls, but I try to do the same for Willow.  I pick out clothes that can be worn with other items.  One pair of pants can be worn with another shirt, or all of the shirts.  And since she wears dresses and skirts I have to add those to the mix. LOL

Really, it's not as complicated as I have made it out to be. LOL  And Elwin even likes to pick out clothes for Willow.  He does a better job than daddy! LMAO!  I swear, my Hubby goes to great lengths to not make the kids clothes match. LOL

Oh I totally see what you are saying. It's a very good idea and I will start doing that.

But you are right, it's very different with girls clothes...it's almost obnoxious! I had a very hard time finding Emma some regular jeans with out embellishment...not embroidery, no buttons, no applique, no ribbon....I almost just got her a boys pair, because who cares right? Then I saw some...finally!

Girls clothes are always so cutsie and they come in sets too often and the pants and shirts don't go with ANYTHING but each other...It's so freakin' annoying!

But I will do what you suggest...it's a great idea! Thanks!

January 7, 2007, 12:10 am CST

A couple of days ago, My husband was  working around the house and having the girls to help him.  My youngest just turned 4 yesterday and at one point she decided she wasn't going to help clean, hubby sent her into the play room to put something away, and she looked at him and started to cry and said, "I'm JUST a LITTLE girl" LOL. Had to be there I suppose but I have no idea where she has heard this one from, it was to funny, hubby looked at her and said, I know you are just a little girl and started to laugh but stopped himself, I walked out of the room,LOL
LOL...Emma does that kind of thing too...gets dramatic with the funny things she says..cute...LOL

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last