Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2006, 10:38 am CST

The Funny Things They Say and Do

The other day, my daughter crawled up on my lap and said "Mama, baby inky poo".  Sure enough, I lifted her up and smelled her rear end, and she did indead make a stinky poo!

February 15, 2006, 11:43 am CST

Helping hand

I'm a nanny for 18-months old twins and they can be the cutest :)
The girl has a really bad cold right now and just hates the medicine, her brother loves it and tries to get it as often as possible. :) Anyhow, I was going to give the medicine to the girl and as always there was kicking and screaming  and a lot of fighting so I decided to hold her down in a "spider"-grip (my husband is a pediatrician-nurse and showed me a easy way to hold a child and give medicine quick). While I was trying to get in a good possition I noticed that her kicking stoped so I turned my head and there is her brother holding down her feet and he looks at me and says "Ok???? Good???" I looked at him and said "yeah, hmmm, thanks". Everytime his sister is getting her meds he will come running and help :) :) It's the cutest :) :) :) :)

February 15, 2006, 1:21 pm CST

Quote From: vadsbro

I'm a nanny for 18-months old twins and they can be the cutest :)
The girl has a really bad cold right now and just hates the medicine, her brother loves it and tries to get it as often as possible. :) Anyhow, I was going to give the medicine to the girl and as always there was kicking and screaming  and a lot of fighting so I decided to hold her down in a "spider"-grip (my husband is a pediatrician-nurse and showed me a easy way to hold a child and give medicine quick). While I was trying to get in a good possition I noticed that her kicking stoped so I turned my head and there is her brother holding down her feet and he looks at me and says "Ok???? Good???" I looked at him and said "yeah, hmmm, thanks". Everytime his sister is getting her meds he will come running and help :) :) It's the cutest :) :) :) :)
 I used to have the same problem with my daughter.  Up until yesterday, she had to have medicine every eight hours, and it was ROUGH for the first few months.  Then, when she was about six months old, I got the medicine ready, and picked her up.  Next thing I know, she's grabbing the syringe, and saying "num-num" and trying to give it to herself.  It was adorable. :)

February 15, 2006, 9:22 pm CST

Quote From: kiwismommy

I used to have the same problem with my daughter.  Up until yesterday, she had to have medicine every eight hours, and it was ROUGH for the first few months.  Then, when she was about six months old, I got the medicine ready, and picked her up.  Next thing I know, she's grabbing the syringe, and saying "num-num" and trying to give it to herself.  It was adorable. :)
It's always hard to give kids medicine, my son, who is 3, was sick a while ago and I finally got him to take his medicine when I pretended to be a doctor, I was Doctor Mommy! LOL    I would say, "  Okay Elwin, time to visit Doctor Mommy so you can take your medicine."  He would help me put on my imaginary coat and stethoscope and then I sat him on the bathroom counter and would look into his ears and mouth like the doctor and then I would give him his medicine.  And of course after that I would give him a great big hug and tell him what a big boy he is.  It's funny, most kids are scared of the doctor, my son loves going to the doctor. LOL

February 16, 2006, 11:35 am CST

they're cute, but sometimes so embarrasing!

well, i was babysitting my 3 yr old little niece. we were just returning from the corner store, and we were about to enter the elevator to make our way back up to my apartment. the elevator doors slid open, and there was already an individual aboard for the ride up. he was a tall, goodlooking african-american man, with a big old smile on his face. now my adorable little niece had a look on her face that was almost indescribable from the very moment she set eyes on the man. for lack of a better word, i'd say it was a stunned look. i turned to her and smiled "Alexia.... is there something wrong?", i said nervously. "Yes!" she said with a passion. we entered the elevator. she edged closer to me and gave me the "c'mere" signal with her little fingers. i leaned in real close to her, and she looked up at me and with a stubborn tone in her voice. she came out with: "well, dont even TRY to get me into the tubby tonight, auntie Leslie. how come that man doesnt have to have a bath?"
i was absolutely mortified. the man just laughed as i apologised and stumbled over my words. thankfully he didnt find it offensive, but i'll tell u i was so embarrassed! from the mouth of babes, eh?! lol...  

February 16, 2006, 3:38 pm CST

Quote From: emptyeyes

well, i was babysitting my 3 yr old little niece. we were just returning from the corner store, and we were about to enter the elevator to make our way back up to my apartment. the elevator doors slid open, and there was already an individual aboard for the ride up. he was a tall, goodlooking african-american man, with a big old smile on his face. now my adorable little niece had a look on her face that was almost indescribable from the very moment she set eyes on the man. for lack of a better word, i'd say it was a stunned look. i turned to her and smiled "Alexia.... is there something wrong?", i said nervously. "Yes!" she said with a passion. we entered the elevator. she edged closer to me and gave me the "c'mere" signal with her little fingers. i leaned in real close to her, and she looked up at me and with a stubborn tone in her voice. she came out with: "well, dont even TRY to get me into the tubby tonight, auntie Leslie. how come that man doesnt have to have a bath?"
i was absolutely mortified. the man just laughed as i apologised and stumbled over my words. thankfully he didnt find it offensive, but i'll tell u i was so embarrassed! from the mouth of babes, eh?! lol...  
 Reminds me of something my cousin once said.  Every summer his mom has the hardest time getting him to wear sunscreen.  She has to tell him that he will get burned.  He used to say that he wanted to be tanned like his sister (she's 20 years older, and goes to the tanning bed), and his mom told him that she always gets burnt getting tanned.  They were at the mall last summer, and he saw an african american woman and looked at his mom, and said "Ok, I'll wear the sunscreen, I don't want to be that tanned"  And this was after asking her why she didn't wear sunscreen, because she had too much of a tan!  They live in the country, where, when I was in school, there was only one african american family in the whole school district, so that was like his first time seeing someone who looked different than him.  The woman was so nice about it, and my aunt was SO embarassed.  You think you've heard it all, then they open their mouths again, huh!

February 16, 2006, 8:26 pm CST

laughed til i cried

my daughter will be 3 in may. the other day she came running to the living room yelling "shlishlord" me and my hubby couldnt figure it out. so she brought us a puppy and said it again. stil not understanding she went and got a movie out of her room. we then realized that she was trying to say "clifford" as in the big red dog. we stil every time we look at that movie we start laughing til we cry. it is deffintly going in her baby book!!!!!

February 16, 2006, 8:27 pm CST

today my daughter spiled some of her snack on the floor and i told her to pick it up. she said in a very funny voice "nonononononono" like she was little miss sassy pants!!!

February 22, 2006, 2:52 pm CST

Mason Douglas Awars

My son is almost three, he knows his whole name.  He says his name is Mason Douglas Awars but it is actually Mason Douglas Villars.  He will argue forever about his name not being Villars, its Awars.  When my husband threatens to call grandma he says noooo! But he will not give in.  He is convinced he has a different last name as the rest of us.

March 2, 2006, 6:09 am CST

Not just for Toddlers, but teenagers too...

I cant believe my 16 y/o daughter. She had to go to the Doctor to get a physical done so she can try out for cheerleading. She was able to go by herself without me. I told her if she had any questions about filling out the paperwork, to call me and I will help her answere the questions. She came to the part on the paper that ask: S , M, D, W. circle one. Now we all know that it means single, married, divorced, or widowed. However my daughter circled the W. The lady called her to the front and asked her if she was a widow already. My daughter said, no? The lady said well you circled the W and that means widowed. She said well I am single. The lady said ok, you should have circled the S for single. My daughter said, oh, I thought it stood for sandy, medium, dark or white. The lady got a big kick out of that. Dont know about my teenager. (she is blonde) no offense.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last