Message Boards

Topic : The Funny Things They Say and Do

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, June 30, 2005, 12:58:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Did your child do or say something hilarious today? Chronicle it here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 2, 2006, 11:15 am CST

The Funny Things They Say and Do

Quote From: prunis

Vacationing together with my son and his family and our daughter and her family, I was holding
my three month old granddaughter and stepping gingerly through the toys our 12 month old grandson was playing with at my feet.  Suddenly my granddaughter dropped the pacifier that was in her mouth and to my consternation I could not find it on the floor. I was enlisting help from my daughter in the room when she said, "Look!" and pointed to my grandson.  He had the baby's pacifier in his mouth.
He had obviously grabbed it immediately when it  hit the floor.  It was so funny.
well, my daughter is almost 3 and we cant get rid of her paci. but she dont call it her paci. she calls it "titty". one day while at the store she saw a baby with one in her mouth, and yelled "look mommy, baby has a titty!" the mother gave me a strange look and i had to tell her that our friend has called it that since my daughter was born cause if she didnt have that or being breast fed she would cry so he started calling her the titty baby. now every time we cant find "titty" she walks around the house yelling titty where are you? be glad your grandkids dont call it that. it gets very embarrassing. but hey at least we know what she wants.

March 16, 2006, 12:44 am CST

You gotta love their innocence!!!

Quote From: jedi500

My son had a surprising reaction also.  While changing my 3 month old son (now 3 1/2) my mom was changing my 3 month niece.  The babies were head to head on her bed.  My oldest, then 6 y.o. (step) son looked back and forth between the two.  Got this real worried look on his face, leaned real close to me, and whispered "Mama Jen, Mama Jen!  SHE'S MISSING SOMETHING!!!"  While trying not to laugh I explained the difference between boys and girls.  He happily went off to play with his other male cousins while I sat on the floor and laughed so hard I cried.  He's nine now and thinks it's hysterical when I tell him this story. 

My son did the same thing not long after our daughter was born. He crawled up on the bed while I was changing Kimberly and he leaned in really close with a puzzled look on his face. Finally he asked in his innocent yet serious voice "mommy why does she have two bums??"  And I replied that girls don't have a penis like boys do and left it at that.  Or another story. You know that when you have kids even going to the bathroom by yourself is now a treat. My son explained to me that I do not need to wipe my bum when I go pee. He will be four in July and I think he now understands the difference between boys and girls. 

April 5, 2006, 8:32 am CDT

My Kiwi is almost 14 months old, and did the cutest thing this morning.  We were downstairs in the laundry room, and I had her sitting on the floor while I put the clothes in the washer, and she pulled out one of my husband's t-shirts from the basket and put it on.  It is a size 3X and it looked like she was wearing a tent.  I tried to take it off of her and she threw one of her few fits (I think, the first this month).  So, I let her keep it on and carried her upstairs, where she crawled all over the living room with that shirt on.  She kept raising and shaking her arms trying to get the sleeves to stay above her hands, and stood up, and was standing on the bottom of it.  It was so cute.

April 5, 2006, 8:33 am CDT

April 7, 2006, 6:07 am CDT

The town's entertainment

I'm a military spouse currently stationed overseas.  I have 3 children ages (just turned) 4, 2 and 11 months.  My oldest daughter has become the entertainment for the base.  Everytime I go out it is always to the question of, "What has Rachel done lately?"  LOL  Now her little sister is following in her footsteps and the baby is not far behind.  I will share a day with you. 

My husband was sent back to the States for training and I was still in Spain 8 months pregnant with a 3 & 2 year old.  I had to walk to the post office and library everyday, because I don't drive and we didn't have a phone so email was the only communication my husband and I had.  My fingers were hugely swollen so I couldn't wear my wedding bands.  As we arrived at the post office, me waddling pushing my middle child Hannah while Rachel ran around in the grass crazily, Rachel ran up to a bunch of men in uniform and loudly asked, "Are you my daddy?"  Everyone looked at me with 2 little kids and huge belly and no wedding ring, and silently walked away.  I was mortified.  (But what can you do.)  I later asked Rachel why she said that and she said that it was funny.  LOL  Who says 3 year old don't have a sense of humor. 

That same day we walked over to the library and I was trying to type an email to my husband when Rachel and Hannah started fighting over a crayon.  A nice gentleman started asking Rachel questions at some point he asked her if she liked computers, well Rachel then states in her indoor voice, (which still is quite loud) that her daddy won't let her play with the "come-peter"  Once again, reasons we don't take Rachel in public.   

April 25, 2006, 9:47 pm CDT

Quote From: jcrpeters

I'm a military spouse currently stationed overseas.  I have 3 children ages (just turned) 4, 2 and 11 months.  My oldest daughter has become the entertainment for the base.  Everytime I go out it is always to the question of, "What has Rachel done lately?"  LOL  Now her little sister is following in her footsteps and the baby is not far behind.  I will share a day with you. 

My husband was sent back to the States for training and I was still in Spain 8 months pregnant with a 3 & 2 year old.  I had to walk to the post office and library everyday, because I don't drive and we didn't have a phone so email was the only communication my husband and I had.  My fingers were hugely swollen so I couldn't wear my wedding bands.  As we arrived at the post office, me waddling pushing my middle child Hannah while Rachel ran around in the grass crazily, Rachel ran up to a bunch of men in uniform and loudly asked, "Are you my daddy?"  Everyone looked at me with 2 little kids and huge belly and no wedding ring, and silently walked away.  I was mortified.  (But what can you do.)  I later asked Rachel why she said that and she said that it was funny.  LOL  Who says 3 year old don't have a sense of humor. 

That same day we walked over to the library and I was trying to type an email to my husband when Rachel and Hannah started fighting over a crayon.  A nice gentleman started asking Rachel questions at some point he asked her if she liked computers, well Rachel then states in her indoor voice, (which still is quite loud) that her daddy won't let her play with the "come-peter"  Once again, reasons we don't take Rachel in public.   

She sounds TOO cute!!

April 28, 2006, 12:12 am CDT

My son is 5 months old and he is learning new sounds every day . Today I made those  piglet`s sounds , he laught so hard , I couldn`t  help laughing myself .

April 28, 2006, 10:31 pm CDT

My 3 year old and a tree...

Let me start out by saying that I take our dog out for a walk with my three year old son and my eight month old daughter.   

Well, my son has become fascinated with the fact that the dog can go "pee" outside and he has been wanting to do it as well.  Of course, I say, "No, you go in the "potty", unless of course we're camping and there is no "potty".  

Anyway, I was tired and in a rush because I needed to quickly take the dog out and then go to the store.  So there I am trying to get my dog to go "pee"- no easy task, I must say.  "Go pee, come on, go "potty".  Come on, go."  Is what I was saying to the dog to hopefully get him to go.  Well, my son came over, and I don't know what I was thinking, (again, I was tired,) and I said, " Come on, go potty".  He in return said, "Okay!"  And proceeded to the tree where he pulled his pants down and began peeing on the tree! 

Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson.  Don't ask anyone if they have to go "potty" when you're tired.  LOL  Yeah, right. LOL 

May 2, 2006, 1:17 pm CDT

I had to take my daughter to the doctor yesterday, and the nurse came in the room to prick her finger to take a blood sample.  Normally when Kiwi sees her, she screams, but not yesterday.  Before the nurse came in, I was trying to get Kiwi to give me kisses, because she has recently gotten back into doing that.  Well, yesterday, when the nurse came in, Kiwi reached for her, and started saying "ki-ki", and the nurse took her, and Kiwi gave her the biggest kiss on her cheek, then looked at me and laughed and said "mama", gave her another kiss, then came back to me.  She is such a tease.  :):)  Then, the nurse got her stuff ready, and Kiwi recognized it and started screaming "no, I good girl, I good girl, no, I good girl" over and over.  The she reached for the nurse again and was saying "ki-ki", as though she was saying "I'll kiss you, and you won't poke me", almost begging.  It was too cute.  After she was poked, she looked at me so serious, and said "mama no good girl, baby boo-boo"  and turned away, and refused to hug me until we left.  When we got to the car, she said "I love mama, mama good girl, I good girl, num-num"  She is such a talker, learning new words and phrases everyday.  I think she may have a full vocabulary before she even takes a step by herself.  She is so adorable.

May 6, 2006, 5:53 am CDT

The Princess

I have a 2 ½ year old and she makes me laugh so hard sometimes. Right now she is really into Princesses and the movie Cinderella. She asked me if we could go outside and play. I told her that she needed to go get her shoes if she wanted to go outside. She looked up at me with her big blues eyes and said “yes your Majesty”. I couldn’t help but laugh. Then later that night when Daddy got home he asked her “Hayden how was your day?” she told him “it’s Princess Hayden daddy and my day was long” 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last